Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What's left for defending him?

The players love him? They don't seem to respect him as a coach with performances like that.

Winning percentage? It might be better than Williams' but he hasn't even made a Grand Final. Most supporters look back at the single flag as a failure to capitalise on the 2001-2004 period.

I actually don't mind reading this, purely because you can tell with 100% certainty that the bottom poster is a happy clapper type and it's another example of even them turning on Ken. There's no way to argue those calling for him to go are "the lunatic fringe" any more.

If he is still coaching in two weeks please keep booing him. Boo for Ken until he is gone.

I really want leppitsch or rahilly.

Please no more trading for middling puzzle pieces. Free agency is for middle aged players.

I can't stand the narrative that he's been great for the club. That might have been the case if he left in 2017, but it's just straight up wrong.

What has he actually done? Had a great 2013 and 2014 after our down period, in a league designed for teams to have their cycles of success. Our "supposed" period of success resulted in two finals wins in the 9 years following.

He's caused a division between the supporter base and those inside the four walls at the club on a level never seen before.

If he had a shred of care for the club (or anyone but himself for that matter), he would have walked after the 21 prelim - or certainly after the start of the following season. But here we are, still hoping the morons in charge will make the obvious call, 3 years later (personally the obvious call should have been made for him after getting smacked in the showdown in 2017).

Instead we have them gaslighting us, chucking away future draft picks trying to buy every second hand puzzle piece they can get their hands on to go all in on this failure of a human.

Leaving the club in a worse position than what he came into.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's done and it's turned on him in the media. It's just a matter of when he goes for me. If the club wants to salvage the season they make the call as soon as possible and give Carr the interim job and see where it leads.

I don't often agree with Kane Cornes but he's right on AFL.com where if we look for another coach we have to explore every avenue and not just give the job to Carr. That won't help us at all.

The time is now (well it was 7 years ago if we're being honest) but time the club made a ruthless decision which is the best thing for the club.

Whether it’s right or wrong, when your coach gets roundly booed by most of the stadium, there’s no coming back from that.

There’s no world or parallel universe where that gets better. It’ll stay the same, or get worse.

Yet, we all know it’ll just be business as usual at Alberton tomorrow.

That to me is more devastating than the insipid loss yesterday.

"Port fans have wanted blood for years even when the club has been performing well."

Isn't that the opposite of fickle?

Anyone’s whose opinion is worth half a cent would laugh at that comment.

Only people who don’t know he’s had over a decade would even consider that comment valid.

Hinkley was hoping like hell that the loss would be swept under the carpet and quickly forgotten. I’ve been pleasantly surprised by the amount of flack he’s copped in the media including the Vic media. And the attacks have continued this morning.

He’ll be hating the criticism because he’s mentally fragile. And he’s powerless to turn things around. He’ll tinker around the edges but nothing will fundamentally change.

Hinkley is his own worst enemy.

Any rumours of an emergency board meeting?

I don’t think he will be sacked, he will walk. But I’m not convinced it will be this week.

Why would he walk when he has 75% of a contract to go? Plus he knows the board won’t fire him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back