Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's left for defending him?

The players love him? They don't seem to respect him as a coach with performances like that.

Winning percentage? It might be better than Williams' but he hasn't even made a Grand Final. Most supporters look back at the single flag as a failure to capitalise on the 2001-2004 period.

We are at the stage where we should not give a stuff what the players want. The supporters want Hinkley gone and any player who does not like that can go with him.

After the shit they dealt up yesterday I do not think the players' regard for Hinkley should have any bearing on Hinkley's future. In fact I think our list needs a major overhaul so losing a few of those who have let us down in big games might be a blessing.

Hopefully the media heat is turned up on Hinkley and on Koch this week.

He absolutely won’t be coaching next season.
Tredrea’s comments and attitude showed that even the insiders know this.

The only question is what needs to happen for him to be booted DURING the season.

If there is an intended handover to Carr, surely giving him the rest of the season to audition is the better move.

Genuinely sat there yesterday barracking for Brisbane and hoping for 119.

The time is coming. Need that sticker man back this week too. Ken is pathetic in his post match as well. He looks completely lost.

He has no answers. Same response over and over again - "need to work harder."

10 years ago after the prelim loss to Hawthorn I was at work with my old man and he was filthy with Ken. I was confused, thinking at that point Ken had done a bloody good job at the club. He was filthy because after the game instead of Ken praising the players, he repeated over and over the need for the players to work harder.

The players had busted their guts, had nothing left after the siren, and there's this bloke publicly telling everyone that they need to work harder. He told me it was a recipe for burnout and that there would soon come a time when the players simply stop tuning in to him.

At the time I thought it was BS, but sometimes the old boy knows a thing or two.

He absolutely won’t be coaching next season.
Tredrea’s comments and attitude showed that even the insiders know this.

The only question is what needs to happen for him to be booted DURING the season.

If there is an intended handover to Carr, surely giving him the rest of the season to audition is the better move.
I think one more smashing at home and amplifying of the boos will do the job

Talking about Hinkley as a Port person is an insult to everyone that pulled on our jumper and gave their all for the club. He's a stain on our history and must be expunged.
I'm actually starting to feel sorry for the bumpkin. Watching him on the bench all I see is the Simpson's gif of the kid pissing himself.

Guy obviously has his short comings and his ability to not acknowledge them is why he never improved. Despite how many times he mentions the word "learnings".
However those same deficiencies in his character is why he hasn't moved on.

Problem has always been those running the club. If the club were run by Port minded people he would have been gone long ago.

Old sayings get old because they hold true. Fish rots from the head.

I'm actually starting to feel sorry for the bumpkin. Watching him on the bench all I see is the Simpson's gif of the kid pissing himself.
If He Dies Ivan Drago GIF

33k people let us down by attending the oval, what did they really think would happen
Shit take imo. I turn up every week to support the players. Same thing I did every week from from 2008 to 2011. Get off the high horse. I can want Ken gone, and I have strongly voiced this opinion to the club several times, and still support my team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guy obviously has his short comings and his ability to not acknowledge them is why he never improved. Despite how many times he mentions the word "learnings".
However those same deficiencies in his character is why he hasn't moved on.

Problem has always been those running the club. If the club were run by Port minded people he would have been gone long ago.

Old sayings get old because they hold true. Fish rots from the head.

Nah, he's a manipulative grifter who is more than aware of his shortcomings. Saw the PAFC and the weak-willed people who run it as his road to a happy, financially healthy retirement and strapped himself in for the long haul. I feel no sympathy for this man whatsoever.

Any rumours of an emergency board meeting?

I don’t think he will be sacked, he will walk. But I’m not convinced it will be this week.

Why would he walk when he has 75% of a contract to go? Plus he knows the board won’t fire him.
There's got to be a meeting, surely. We're not serious if there isn't.

You can't watch a slide like this unfold and do nothing. Even at Port.

I can't stand the narrative that he's been great for the club. That might have been the case if he left in 2017, but it's just straight up wrong.

What has he actually done? Had a great 2013 and 2014 after our down period, in a league designed for teams to have their cycles of success. Our "supposed" period of success resulted in two finals wins in the 9 years following.

He's caused a division between the supporter base and those inside the four walls at the club on a level never seen before.

If he had a shred of care for the club (or anyone but himself for that matter), he would have walked after the 21 prelim - or certainly after the start of the following season. But here we are, still hoping the morons in charge will make the obvious call, 3 years later (personally the obvious call should have been made for him after getting smacked in the showdown in 2017).

Instead we have them gaslighting us, chucking away future draft picks trying to buy every second hand puzzle piece they can get their hands on to go all in on this failure of a human.

Leaving the club in a worse position than what he came into.
Hinkley would have been "good for the club" if he took the job for two or three years to instil a work ethic that had been lacking, recognised his limitations, and made way for a professional to come in and finish the job. Instead, the club copped this idiot with a messiah complex for another decade and the joint is in arguably as big an on-field mess now that it was when he arrived.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back