Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

West Coast supporters are being so unrealistic and should be treating their coach with more respect.
They shouldn't expect to win a flag every year. Simmo shouldn't be under so much pressure. Such a fickle supporter base.

When Simmo arrived they’d recently taken the wooden spoon, and had only just come out of a drug culture that had afflicted numerous past players.

How quickly they forget.

Do a count, mate. I agree to the bet on one condition that Ken is still the head coach for each game loss but going back to how many wins we have between now and the end of the year, I am being realistic. We are comfortable now. Performance will be there for the most part, but not enough to win. Carlton, Sydney, Melbourne, Gold Coast (at home), and Freo are better than us. That’s not a ridiculous statement; it’s just fact.

The Showdown would be a winnable game if we turn up and play hard, honest, Port Adelaide footy, but have we in the last couple of showdowns? No, and I don’t think recent form changes that, unfortunately.

So yes, I believe we will lose 6/7, but only if Ken stays between now and the end of the year.
So the bet becomes null and void if Ken sacked?

Otherwise, you seriously want to bet on us not winning more than 1 game in the run home?

How could they suggest such thing to happen to Simmo, he deserves the full support of supporters after what he's been through with a poor list and a bad run recently. Poor Simmo just saved a child from a burning house and should be shown more respect.

/Sarcasm - but where's that level of tugging in the media for Adam Simpson?

Simpson is certainly no Kenny Hinkley.

Yeah despite the flag etc Wet Toasty been poor for a while.....real poor. Surprised he hadn't gone before now.

We have a crap gameplan, underperform where and when it counts and have lost pretty much most of the engagement with the true supporters but hey we not bottom.

From an objective non emotional viewpoint Simpson should be gone.

But then looking at things objectively so should our winner.

This is like reading something that was written about a child in Kindergarten.

"kEnS FaVoURiTe ThInGs"
" blOkes JuSt HaviN a KicK"

View attachment 2043173
1720487304943.png
that's not even true lol

“I was one of those who battled to make the adjustment out to city life; didn’t like it,” says Hinkley who played 11 games in his two seasons (1987-88) with the Lions. “That’s why when you look at my footy career I was at Fitzroy, I wasn’t at Fitzroy, I was at Fitzroy, I wasn’t at Fitzroy. And then I ended up at Geelong because I just didn’t like living in Melbourne. I was a typical country boy from a big family who just needed to have people around to make me feel comfortable. That didn’t happen in Melbourne.

“I was 17. I didn’t have a driver’s licence. I was relying on public transport and rides home at night. This is a country boy who once he got to Werribee, he got spooked by how big the place was and then had to find his way around. It was a little bit foreign for a country lad. I’d left school at the end of Year 11 because I knew I was going to Fitzroy. The club wanted me to continue at school, but it was never part of my plan, unfortunately. So I did a bit of labouring work in factories between playing footy. But every chance I got, I was on the train or in the car trying to get home to country Victoria.

Dees, Power to miss finals, Lions to surge: We predict the ladder​

"Get off Ken's back"

"Power to miss finals"

"Port fans are entitled – how many teams would like to be where they are right now??"

"Ports are terrible, can't beat anyone important"

"Who can they get that's better than Kenny?"

"Port have no chance at the flag"

"Port are loaded with talent"

"Port's list isn't good enough"

Week to week the media's expectations of port and how that relates to the coach has been so bipolar it's bizzare at this point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure how Gold Coast leapfrogs us. I think they've only got 4 wins left in them at best.

they are obviously predicting us to only win 2 games out of 7.

I guess this weekend will determine a lot. I think the Cats will put a big dent in Collingwood's hopes on Friday night. Similarly if Melbourne lose to Essendon they will be on shaky ground. Both likely outcomes, so if we beat the Suns we will be pretty cemented in the 8 with Richmond to follow.

Not sure how Gold Coast leapfrogs us. I think they've only got 4 wins left in them at best.

they are obviously predicting us to only win 2 games out of 7.

I guess this weekend will determine a lot. I think the Cats will put a big dent in Collingwood's hopes on Friday night. Similarly if Melbourne lose to Essendon they will be on shaky ground. Both likely outcomes, so if we beat the Suns we will be pretty cemented in the 8 with Richmond to follow.

That's pretty much what I've got.

Richmond.

Someone else.

Why isn't Caro declaring herself as a fan of Simpson?

Why isn't Kane calling the WC playing group and supporter base fickle for wanting change?

Why aren't they both questioning who else are WC going to get as coach?

So WC supporters can be excused for wanting change because Simpson isn't charismatic enough, isn't hugging players and has actually won a premiership.

Such a pathetic industry.
Caro did blurt out some previous WC players as "top candidates". Imbecile.

I'm indifferent to Scoop but at least he chipped in with 'shouldn't it be the best candidate available?'

I'm done with this club completely if this happens.

Could this be anymore Ken.

The guy averaged 3 touches a game before he was dropped and took someone out.

****ing hell make him prove himself!?

View attachment 2043280
100% happening. Chadbro has already wheeled out the 'there are no houses left in Alberton because they've all be trained down' schtick this week.

He's said this for years. Anything new?
He seems to think we should be satisfied with 2 final wins in 11 years
When we eventually move on from Hinkley, I'd love to see Port have an extraordinary first year under the new coach, to prove to the Three Stooges (Cornes, Whateley and Wilson) among others that we should have got rid of him sooner. Then again, the media will more than likely credit Ken for doing all the groundwork.

Somebody needs to raise this with the media. Do you think any of the people who booed, the people that bought season tickets, people who bought memberships or match day tickets
.. people who bought Port Adelaide Merch and spend hard earned dollars during a cost of living crisis, don't want to see the Port Adelaide Football Club succeed? They have more skin in the game than anyone else commenting on the matter bar those currently at the club. So **** off with your judgement and telling how they shouldn't do this or that. That performance in isolation, on that day, just about justifies the booing on its own, let alone all the rest. These media w***ers who get paid to watch every game and earn a living hanging on every word a coach or player utters are completely divorced from the reality of everyday supporters, it's a joke.
Seriously good teams don't have a 127 point differential (79 point loss v 48 point win) within 2 weeks of each other. Our best is good, but our worst is beyond bad - nobody can take us seriously until the gap closes considerably.

Morgan Freeman Quote GIF

Is anyone else feeling defeated/given up?

After the debacle against Brisbane, it seemed like there was finally some momentum. There was noise in the media, the crowd literally booed him at the game. It looked like surely, finally, something had to give. There was hope. It looked like this interminable nightmare was finally coming to an end.

And then.. a couple of wins against some also rans and two weeks of the fan base being assaulted in the media and by the club itself. It looks like it's back to square one. The club will be happy to tick off on "making finals" as an acceptable outcome for the year, which we'll probably do as there are so many ordinary teams. They'll sweep it all under the rug and roll over again to next year. We get in the top 4 at any stage and there will be a push to lock in king Kenny.

I just don't care as much anymore. The club no longer resembles anything I remember from the 90s and 2000s. There's nothing to support. We have some good young players, sure. But the club doesn't care about supporters. There's not even a token effort. They don't want anyone who holds them to account. Personalities like Koch, Richardson, and Davies are extremely abrasive. Why should I support these muppets?

Wasting a few hours of a weekend watching us go nowhere has lost its appeal. There's no reason to watch the rest of the season and zero reason to get invested in the next with donuts and co in charge.

Morgan Freeman Quote GIF

After the debacle against Brisbane, it seemed like there was finally some momentum. There was noise in the media, the crowd literally booed him at the game. It looked like surely, finally, something had to give. There was hope. It looked like this interminable nightmare was finally coming to an end.

And then.. a couple of wins against some also rans and two weeks of the fan base being assaulted in the media and by the club itself. It looks like it's back to square one. The club will be happy to tick off on "making finals" as an acceptable outcome for the year, which we'll probably do as there are so many ordinary teams. They'll sweep it all under the rug and roll over again to next year. We get in the top 4 at any stage and there will be a push to lock in king Kenny.

I just don't care as much anymore. The club no longer resembles anything I remember from the 90s and 2000s. There's nothing to support. We have some good young players, sure. But the club doesn't care about supporters. There's not even a token effort. They don't want anyone who holds them to account. Personalities like Koch, Richardson, and Davies are extremely abrasive. Why should I support these muppets?

Wasting a few hours of a weekend watching us go nowhere has lost its appeal. There's no reason to watch the rest of the season and zero reason to get invested in the next with donuts and co in charge.

I'm confident that Josh Carr will be coach come round 1 next year. I'm also confident that it's his intention to reset the club culture to be more in line with the pre-Hinkley Port Adelaide. Watch this space.

Morgan Freeman Quote GIF

I warned you not to get excited. The Brisbane game changed nothing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back