Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
name the year port was meant to win a premiership, ken has overachieved with the list port has had

Wasn't the year they were supposed to but potentially could have in 2014. If they just got over the line in that preliminary against Hawks then who knows. That was, I dare say, the GF people got instead of the actual GF.

Wasn't the year they were supposed to but potentially could have in 2014. If they just got over the line in that preliminary against Hawks then who knows. That was, I dare say, the GF people got instead of the actual GF.
and my arguement to that would be hawthorn were the clear powerhouse and no chance port were going to win that premiership

and my arguement to that would be hawthorn were the clear powerhouse and no chance port were going to win that premiership

That's precisely my point. Considering what Port went through and Kenny only taking the reins the season prior. To give it to the clear best side that season, in the Hawks and potentially could of won that preliminary says quite a bit about Kenny and that port side. Like I said, that was the GF because the actual GF was shit.

If you ignore the fact Port had beaten Hawthorn in their lone meeting in the minor round, and were statistically superior to the Hawks in the 2014 Prelim in,

• inside50’s: 50-44
• scoring shots: 29-22

And would go on to beat Hawthorn home and away the following season.

There was a reason the Hawks players were on their knees embracing, on the verge of tears in relief after that one. They dodged a massive bullet and knew it.

But sure fella, “clear powerhouse/no chance”.

If you ignore the fact Port had beaten Hawthorn in their lone meeting in the minor round, and were statistically superior to the Hawks in the 2014 Prelim in,

• inside50’s: 50-44
• scoring shots: 29-22

And would go on to beat Hawthorn home and away the following season.

There was a reason the Hawks players were on their knees embracing, on the verge of tears in relief after that one. They dodged a massive bullet and knew it.

But sure fella, “clear powerhouse/no chance”.
so your saying ken should been sacked for not winning the 2014 premiership, ive heard it all now

of course port could have won, anyone can win on any given day, but when u look back with clear hindsight, hawthorn were the best team, they won 3 in a row and they didn't have a dynasty team just because ken was a rubbish coach of port

I think I know what is going on.

Happy Oh Boy GIF

yeah not sure im a troll considering I think port are having a fantastic year under a great coach with a good record, that's second on the ladder
The fact that you continue to ignore the total of his record at Port that show Hinkley is not a great coach but just an average coach shows you are a troll. We finished 2021 second on the ladder yet once again failed to make the Grand Final.

Even to continue to use the term "great coach" in regards to Hinkley is an outright troll.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In all seriousness, old man Fages is nearly as bad. Your opinion holds very little weight.
6 finals campaigns in a row another fantastic coach, yeah yeah only matters if he wins a premiership, well what happens if its this year or next, will be regarded as one of the all time great coaches, but you would rather sit there and boo your coach that's a choice for u to make

The fact that you continue to ignore the total of his record at Port that show Hinkley is not a great coach but just an average coach shows you are a troll. Even to continue to use the term "great coach" in regards to Hinkley is an outright troll.
I gave u his total record 60% win rate which is elite

6 finals campaigns in a row another fantastic coach, yeah yeah only matters if he wins a premiership, well what happens if its this year or next, will be regarded as one of the all time great coaches, but you would rather sit there and boo your coach that's a choice for u to make

Yeah cool. Fail to win one this year or next and you're looking at probably the biggest missed opportunity in the modern era, especially when finals and even the GF were all being held at your home ground.
Worry about your own, we'll worry about ours.

I gave u his total record 60% win rate which is elite
I previously replied to that claim;

56% of teams don't make the finals so a 60% winning record barely scrapes into average and is certainly not great.

His finals winning record is only 42% and his Preliminary Finals winning record is 0%, zero from three.

Talk about selective stats. :rolleyes:

The fact that you ignored my previous response and once again posted your assertion highlights that you are trolling.

Welcome to my ignore list.

Yeah cool. Fail to win one this year or next and you're looking at probably the biggest missed opportunity in the modern era, especially when finals and even the GF were all being held at your home ground.
Worry about your own, we'll worry about ours.
the covid grand final has a huge asterisk next to it anyway, shortened game time shortened season im actually gladl we didn't win it in 2020, obviously would of taken it at the time though. Also u mentioned finals, the finals we qualified for would of been at home regardless

they finished top of the ladder with a home a grand final, you could make an argument for either side, what's clear is there is no year you could make an argument for port having the best list, ken has overachieved and the list is probably in its best shape now
The great man himself said at the start of '22 he had the "best list ever"

This is on the back of '20 finishing clear top and '21 2nd before finals (at least one of these should have gotten is to a GF)

The list only needs to be good enough, plenty of premiership teams in the last 12 years with role players and plodders

Old mate has been on HumungousSherrin since 2008 and has posted a total of 424 times yet in the last day or so has posted 15 times in this thread and nowhere else. Very strange behaviour for an oppo supporter that isn't a troll. :think:

Old mate has been on HumungousSherrin since 2008 and has posted a total of 424 times yet in the last day or so has posted 15 times in this thread and nowhere else. Very strange behaviour for an oppo supporter that isn't a troll. :think:
why do people have a fascination about how often I post, when I signed up to Bigfooty and how often I post has nothing to do with if ken is a good coach, I do agree with the last post about 12 years being too long, that would be a valid argument for a change in coach

Mediocrity loves mediocrity

It's probably one of kochies grandkids

most likely knows him and is just defending his loser friend

pmXCPSU.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back