Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
• 36-4 against GC/StK/NM
• 11-12 against Adelaide
• 1-4 in cutthroat finals at Adel Oval*
• Longest-serving coach in VFL/AFL history without a Grand Final appearance

*including a 71pt defeat to the Christmas Island Bulldogs in the 2021 Prelim, which is the record heaviest home final defeat suffered by a non-Vic team against an interstate opponent in the history of the national comp.

But please continue.

We love being told by eastern seaboard randos how a guy who can barely string a sentence together and has collected over $7,000,000 of our membership dollars to do it is such a supercoach.
Lol, old mates maths isn't even right. Assuming we finished top 8 every year, then on overage we'd play 42% of our games against top 8 (7/17), and 58% against bottom 10 (10/17).

Across 12 seasons its about 111 games against top 8, and 153 against bottom 10, or a 37% difference.

Not taking into account finals which are all against top 8 teams. Or the fact we were bottom 10 in 2015/16/18/19/22.

What that has to do with our good record against bottom 10, and bad record against top 8 sides i have no idea.

18 team competition with Port usually in the 8 suggest he’s coached bottom 10 sides circa 42% more often than top 8 sides.
“Port usually in the 8”? In his 12 seasons, he’s only made finals seven times and has missed out on finals a total of five times with so much talent at his disposal Matthew Primus would’ve dreamed of. He doesn’t usually make the eight to me going by that logic.

Lol, old mates maths isn't even right. Assuming we finished top 8 every year, then on overage we'd play 42% of our games against top 8 (7/17), and 58% against bottom 10 (10/17).

Across 12 seasons its about 111 games against top 8, and 153 against bottom 10, or a 37% difference.

Not taking into account finals which are all against top 8 teams. Or the fact we were bottom 10 in 2015/16/18/19/22.

What that has to do with our good record against bottom 10, and bad record against top 8 sides i have no idea.
Update: accounting for finals played, and years where we missed the finals, its closer to 15%.

You might want to check your decimals and rounding above old mate👍

selective stats, 60% winning record is a great coach
56% of teams don't make the finals so a 60% winning record barely scrapes into average and is certainly not great.

His finals winning record is only 42% and his Preliminary Finals winning record is 0%, zero from three.

Talk about selective stats. :rolleyes:

56% of teams don't make the finals so a 60% winning record barely scrapes into average and is certainly not great.

His finals winning record is only 42% and his Preliminary Finals winning record is 0%, zero from three.

Talk about selective stats. :rolleyes:
its hardly selective but sure, one of the best records in the game and currently has you sitting second on the ladder, also I hear a lot of rhetoric about how you haven't won a premiership, which year did u have the best list to win a premiership because I don't see any

its hardly selective but sure, one of the best records in the game and currently has you sitting second on the ladder, also I hear a lot of rhetoric about how you haven't won a premiership, which year did u have the best list to win a premiership because I don't see any
If you think Ken is that good, we can send him to Brisbane for the next 13 years so you can beat up on the bottom 10 teams and fail when it counts against top 8 teams and finalists.
What matters is at the business end of the season and Hinkley has a miserable record, it's that simple, who remembers that Port finished 2nd or third, no one, they remember the grand finalists and premiers.
If that's how you Brisbane supporters roll these days, Leigh Mathews would be shaking his head in disgust that mediocrity has swept into the once 3 in a row power house.
Good luck on your journey of watching others win flags.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even if Port win the flag this yr Hinkley won't be at Port in 2025.
There a reason why he isn't wearing a head set while on the bench
Port have spoken to Buckley and he is interested in coming home
My mail is different on Buckley.

Port has spoken to him but he is not interested in moving from Melbourne.

If you think Ken is that good, we can send him to Brisbane for the next 13 years so you can beat up on the bottom 10 teams and fail when it counts against top 8 teams and finalists.
What matters is at the business end of the season and Hinkley has a miserable record, it's that simple, who remembers that Port finished 2nd or third, no one, they remember the grand finalists and premiers.
If that's how you Brisbane supporters roll these days, Lee Mathews would be shaking his head in disgust that mediocrity has swept into the once 3 in a row power house.
Good luck on your journey of watching others win flags.
1. Our coach is contracted for next year
2. Its Leigh Matthews

Would you hire a coach on a 12 year contract if you knew in advance that it was guaranteed he wasn't going to take you to a grand final?

Would you hire a coach on a 12 year contract if you knew in advance that it was guaranteed he wasn't going to take you to a grand final?
do you have some sort of crystal ball that can see until 2036? there is no year that port has had the best list and should of won the premiership, he has been a great coach with the list port has had

Hinkley was very serious and fired up at his press conference today, almost like he was back in 2013 and 2014 before he became the smiling, laughing, someone has to lose guy. Would be good if he had a month or so of that fire in him.

do you have some sort of crystal ball that can see until 2036? there is no year that port has had the best list and should of won the premiership, he has been a great coach with the list port has had

It's a lie that the best team on paper wins the flag every year, even then, the team that wins the flag is judged as the best only in hindsight - all you can do is judge them on the performances they put up.
Your team last year was better on paper than Collingwood. Probably better than Geelong and Melbourne the previous years too. That has to sting.

It's a lie that the best team on paper wins the flag every year, even then, the team that wins the flag is judged as the best only in hindsight - all you can do is judge them on the performances they put up.
Your team last year was better on paper than Collingwood. Probably better than Geelong and Melbourne the previous years too. That has to sting.
they finished top of the ladder with a home a grand final, you could make an argument for either side, what's clear is there is no year you could make an argument for port having the best list, ken has overachieved and the list is probably in its best shape now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back