Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting to hear Garry Lyon say Port cant let Hinkley go after we committed to him for two years and we apparently have a duty of care. I guess even though Garry was largely responsible for selecting Mark Neeld as Melbourne Senior Coach, Garry had no issues with that contract being terminated 18 months early? :D
Garry has a very short memory - wasn't Brett Ratten recently sacked by St. Kilda just months after signing a 2 year extension? So why is Hinkley different?

Ummm if i'm having my house built, and the builder is still working on the foundations after 12 years, wouldn't you say that I'd have every right to be a bit annoyed?

In Ken's case, if he still hasn't completed the foundations after all this time, I'd like to offer a left field suggestion - maybe he's not a very good coach!!!
As I said, they are idiots.

Ummm if i'm having my house built, and the builder is still working on the foundations after 12 years, wouldn't you say that I'd have every right to be a bit annoyed?

In Ken's case, if he still hasn't completed the foundations after all this time, I'd like to offer a left field suggestion - maybe he's not a very good coach!!!
You don’t get it. It’s his trade assistants. Him still being around after 12 years actually demonstrates how loyal he is.

My concern is with the pro Hinkley group at the moment is they are trashing the playing group and saying that being competitive is enough. Which player in their right mind would ask to be traded to port? Management state that they are difficult to win but are satisfied to make finals occasionally.
Most AFL players want to win a premiership, why come to a team that is unlikely to play in a grand final?

“Are you still on the Port Adelaide board after your comments the other night.”

Caro and Tredders pull no punches 👀

I see Caroline doing Kane bidding trying to get Warren removed

Even more the reason to keep the heat going

View attachment 2031867

It’s SURREAL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"You forget what he's done"

It's been over a decade FFS!
Oh he's done plenty - the point is that very little of it has been for the benefit of Port Adelaide.

“Are you still on the Port Adelaide board after your comments the other night.”

Caro and Tredders pull no punches 👀

I see Caroline doing Kane bidding trying to get Warren removed

Even more the reason to keep the heat going

View attachment 2031867
What a hag. She can **** off

"They don't have the list" they cry, failing to recognise the irony that this is the third iteration of said list under Hinkley and the second of his own creation. So either this giant chode is the unluckiest bloke on the face of the planet having crapped out on 3 full lists.....or the much more logical explanation is he just can't coach.

But who ya gonna get?

View attachment 2029738

what the actual

How many Geelong sycophants actually have a role in the media boys club? How would any other coach in AFL history be judged like this? The second sentence directly shows that it is Hinkley.
I have a theory on this - maybe Geelong people want him to stay at Port, because they're secretly worried that he might return to Geelong.

According to Tredrea, it was "Footy Classified" that contacted Richardson while listening to the episode. Kane fleshed out the story by describing Wilson as distraught when she heard it.
Why would Wilson be distraught at Warren's comment? What a strange thing to say. I assume they (Wilson and Hinkley) would know each other through the industry but I hardly think anything beyond that.

I think Caro has been chummy with Hinkley well before he came to port, from memory she was all in on Hinkley to coach her beloved tigers when Dimma pipped him at the post.

Her opinion means about as little as Kane’s, may as well ask Jordan and Donna for their opinions.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Why would Wilson be distraught at Warren's comment? What a strange thing to say. I assume they (Wilson and Hinkley) would know each other through the industry but I hardly think anything beyond that.

I can think of one hypothesis, at least, on why.

She is comfortable with how things are at Port in the moment. She has total access to everything. As a journo, it’s gold. Tredrea is a threat to that.

My concern is with the pro Hinkley group at the moment is they are trashing the playing group and saying that being competitive is enough. Which player in their right mind would ask to be traded to port? Management state that they are difficult to win but are satisfied to make finals occasionally.
Most AFL players want to win a premiership, why come to a team that is unlikely to play in a grand final?
He trashed the playing list after the GWS SF loss last year as well and then in the summer we were subjected to Sav and BZT saying they came to Port Adelaide ‘because of Kenny’. It’s happened multiple times over his tenure.

If you’re being paid enough you’ll say what they want you to say, when Ken leaves they’ll forget about him pretty quickly

But Ken doesn't have the cattle!!

*Just forget about the start of the year when our CEO announced if you're not excited about our list what's wrong with you and Ken proclaimed it his best ever list.
And a competent coach will prove how good our list is, while Ken would struggle to win a final with Tony Lockett and Gary Ablett snr in his forward line.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back