Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon the best possible hypothetical to anyone blaming the list is...

Ok lets pretend Port has a list on par with any of the top sides: Pies, Swans, Blues, Lions, Dubs, Dogs, etc.

What do you think are the odds of us winning a flag with a coaching box of:
Ken Hinkley - record holder of least successful coach in VFL/AFL history
No senior assistant
Chad Cornes - never had a coaching role at a successful AFL club
Josh Carr - never had a coaching role at a successful AFL club
Tyson Goldsack - never had a coaching role at a successful AFL club

Its actually the real reason its pointless to talk about the list because even if we have the list, we still aren't winning shit.

“Are you still on the Port Adelaide board after your comments the other night.”

Caro and Tredders pull no punches

I see Caroline doing Kane bidding trying to get Warren removed

Even more the reason to keep the heat going

View attachment 2031867

Do we get to vote Waz back in again if they remove him?

That would be fun.

It's not as big a task as you make out.

Really, only Ken and CD are the major problems. We can discuss Koch and the Board, but the reality is that they've hitched their wagon in particular to CD because there has been a lack of football knowledge on the Board, and so CD has manipulated the Board to be the trusted voice on all things footy.

Then of course, Warren has come onto the Board and suddenly CD has someone who can challenge his decisions with a bit more than one or two grains of validity.

Make no mistake, once Ken eventually leaves the battle is going to be between CD and Warren. Get rid of CD at that point and there's a reasonable chance the footy department will operate smoothly and competently even with this footy illiterate Board.
Doesn't Snowden have football experience, where does he fit into all this?

It's not as big a task as you make out.

Really, only Ken and CD are the major problems. We can discuss Koch and the Board, but the reality is that they've hitched their wagon in particular to CD because there has been a lack of football knowledge on the Board, and so CD has manipulated the Board to be the trusted voice on all things footy.

Then of course, Warren has come onto the Board and suddenly CD has someone who can challenge his decisions with a bit more than one or two grains of validity.

Make no mistake, once Ken eventually leaves the battle is going to be between CD and Warren. Get rid of CD at that point and there's a reasonable chance the footy department will operate smoothly and competently even with this footy illiterate Board.
So what your saying is the board and CEO of the football club have no idea about football and rely solely on one person's opinion.

And when that one person fails to deliver, the board and CEO being completely clueless about football, need to ask the same one person, who's failing to deliver, for a solution.

When the solution comes back as keep doing what we're doing, but let's move on all our experienced assistants?

Sounds to me that the board and CEO signing up to such madness is our first problem.

Last edited:
View attachment 2032215

Gotta admit I've never seen a protection racket quite like this for a coach.

So, there are at least two things Damo doesn't get: the concept of sliding doors and why the fans started singing NTUA.

Make it three: the Victorian Kennyinkley protection racket telling the crowd not to boo is not likely to make things better for their bloke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 2032215

These football hacks. The way it works is a dweeb like Barrett knows he has to write his shitty little sliding doors column every week for his AFL masters. Thats 18 things he has to think up about 18 teams. So this week for Port he scribbled down his little "booing poor old Kenny is bad" and then thinks to himself 1/18 down. That's it. Don't have to think about it again. Football journalism 101. They live in a bubble.

“Are you still on the Port Adelaide board after your comments the other night.”

Caro and Tredders pull no punches 👀

I see Caroline doing Kane bidding trying to get Warren removed

Even more the reason to keep the heat going

View attachment 2031867

So her rationale is,

1) because Tredrea doesn’t entirely agree (or pretend to) with the GM’s sudden downgrading of the list despite Davies spending the past umpteen years trading out of drafts and paying a premium for recruits to win now,

and,

2) because he’s not taking every irate caller to task for colourfully condemning Ken Hinkley’s underwhelming job performance,

He should resign? Really? Really?

When did the entire AFL media corps become an unapologetic protection racket and propaganda machine for mediocrity?

View attachment 2032215

Sorry to intrude guys but this sh*t is just unbelievable.

We have never seen anything that even comes close to this. The media are bending over backwards for this campaigner like nothing I've ever seen. What the hell sets Kenny apart from any other coach that makes him devoid of any criticism? It's got me fuming and I'm not even a bloody Port fan.

It literally mirrors a f*cking dictatorship.

Kornes, Wankley, Caro and worst of all this Barrett w*nker can all get farkkked.

So her rationale is,

1) because Tredrea doesn’t entirely agree (or pretend to) with the GM’s sudden downgrading of the list despite Davies spending the past umpteen years trading out of drafts and paying a premium for recruits to win now,

and,

2) because he’s not taking every irate caller to task for colourfully condemning Ken Hinkley’s underwhelming job performance,

He should resign? Really? Really?

When did the entire AFL media corps become an unapologetic protection racket and propaganda machine for mediocrity?

I really need to update my corporations law teaching notes to include the fact that a board needs to be unanimously in support of every aspect of an organisation's operation and that if any board member is not on board with that, they need to resign.

View attachment 2032215

throw up jim carrey GIF

Doesn't Snowden have football experience, where does he fit into all this?

He's very tight with Carr. Make that what you will.

So what your saying is the board and CEO of the football club have no idea about football and rely solely on one person's opinion.

And when that one person fails to deliver, the board and CEO being completely clueless about football, need to ask the same one person, who's failing to deliver, for a solution.

When the solution comes back as keep doing what we're doing, but let's move on all our experienced assistants?

Sounds to me that the board and CEO signing up to such madness is our first problem.

CD isnt the only one on the footy committee but he has the most influence.

It's why it is so important for Warren to be on the Board to hold CD to account but more importantly provide alternative strategies to the status quo. CD has much more to lose in this game (ie his paid job) that Warren (an unpaid director).

It's why it is so important for Warren to be on the Board to hold CD to account but more importantly provide alternative strategies to the status quo. CD has much more to lose in this game (ie his paid job) that Warren (an unpaid director).
How do we get rid of CD? I want it so bad.

View attachment 2032215

Yep spot on
The song was good till people started swaying their scarves and lighting candles like a Christmas carol now its gone cringe anyway
The whole hierarchy have dug their own grave we have every right to want change Ken and Koch are like a lingering fart that won't f*#k off

Isn’t he supposed to be one of the most sought after sport administrators in Australia?

The funny thing about all of this is that the surefire way to get rid of all of this horrible 'division' is to just sack Hinkley. The 90% of Port fans who want him gone will be satisfied, and the 10% of happy clappers who want him to stay will forget he ever existed as soon as the new coach they can happily clap for is announced.

If you don't like division, then sack Hinkley.

I would not get too upset by what is bandied about in the media. These clowns stir the pot to get people to watch, listen or read what they say. As we have seen with the media's feting of Julian Assange they believe in freedom of speech yet do not believe that a Port Adelaide Board Member should also be free to speak his mind.

In this morning's press Willem Drew, who appears to be the players' mouthpiece this week, is saying what we expect him to say, that is the players all love Ken. Nothing to get too excited about as the players will continue to show loyalty to Ken until the moment the 'thanks and goodbye announcement' is made. As it stands Warren Tredrea is the only person at the Club who appears likely to rock the boat. The media can get stuffed- let it rip Tredders.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back