Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

There is a pretty huge gulf between, posting stuff about the coach on a forum to physically throwing tissues at him because he was emotional last weekend.

I'm probably in the no boo camp unless we are getting flogged too.

The more this goes on the worse it all gets to everybody.And most of the responsibility falls on those who can actually end it all.

If people ultimately cross lines, it won’t be for lack of warnings. So, no one can act as if surprised.

"no need for personal attacks" we joke about his wife and son daily, crying after beating a VFL side is nothing in comparison
On a forum. If you started yelling abuse to him about his wife and son while he's standing on the sidelines at the football, you'd be an arseh*le. You'd also be playing directly into Whateley, Kane, Caro, Barrett etc's hands.

The more this goes on the worse it all gets to everybody.And most of the responsibility falls on those who can actually end it all.

If people ultimately cross lines, it won’t be for lack of warnings. So, no one can act as if surprised.
So sad to think all this predictable stuff could have been avoided by just not renewing an 11 year failed coach at the end of last year.

Kleenex is out but what about donuts?
Probably not a great idea to throw anything on the field, but the 'donuts' meme is about his coaching record rather than anything personal, so if you want to wave a box of Donut King around on camera that'd be fair game.

On a forum. If you started yelling abuse to him about his wife and son while he's standing on the sidelines at the football, you'd be an arseh*le. You'd also be playing directly into Whateley, Kane, Caro, Barrett etc's hands.

boo the house down to him. Yep, I agree anything else past that and it’s a bad look for us as the supporter base, for the club and aswell we would be playing into the Vic media mafia’s narrative. We must be smart how we go by this.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stick to the facts and statistics over the last decade, just say I don't care who the coach is, these are the statistics and they don't lie.
When Graham Corned read out the statistics I messaged in, he almost choked when he read the win loss ration for wins against top 4 sides, Muppet head Row had to repeat it again.

Stick to the facts and statistics over the last decade, just say I don't care who the coach is, these are the statistics and they don't lie.
When Graham Corned read out the statistics I messaged in, he almost choked when he read the win loss ration for wins against top 4 sides, Muppet head Row had to repeat it again.
Do you have a link?

boo the house down to him. Yep, I agree anything else past that and it’s a bad look for us as the supporter base, for the club and aswell we would be playing into the Vic media mafia’s narrative. We must be smart how we go by this.
Just boo him.

All that is required.

It really is ludicrous that these reports expect the fanbase to keep quiet ... along with other reporters, other players, other coaches, everyone else involved in the footy club.

Literally, the entire world has to protect poor old Ken.

Booing him lets the club know that he isn't wanted or accepted anymore and that they need to make a choice as to support Ken or the fanbase.

Never forget that it is the board's choice to keep him in and the board's choice to let the fans boo him. More pressure on the board will prompt them to act.

Just boo him.

All that is required.

It really is ludicrous that these reports expect the fanbase to keep quiet ... along with other reporters, other players, other coaches, everyone else involved in the footy club.

Literally, the entire world has to protect poor old Ken.

Booing him lets the club know that he isn't wanted or accepted anymore and that they need to make a choice as to support Ken or the fanbase.

Never forget that it is the board's choice to keep him in and the board's choice to let the fans boo him. More pressure on the board will prompt them to act.

That’s literally my point.

So sad to think all this predictable stuff could have been avoided by just not renewing an 11 year failed coach at the end of last year.

My mood hasn't changed in five years. I'm fascinated on how long people have endured this as if it were all fine.

I’ve asked this before and don’t really have a handle on it myself but why does the AFL media refuse to engage with the Port Adelaide Fan base’s frustration with Koch and Hinkley?

Caro, Whateley, several age journalists, SEN, David Zita, etc etc have all backed Ken repeatedly. They’ve attacked the fan base as ungrateful, called the fans feral, vermin and other names. We are supposed to back and support Ken forever because he came to us in 2013 when we were at a low ebb.

I’m not a fan of booing but what can port fans do to show their dissatisfaction with Koch and Ken?

This shows his whole emotional rant was entirely pre-prepared. He didn’t answer the question asked, he had been practicing for the question “how has this week been for you Ken?”, and turned on his “speech” automatically.

There’s a lot of people out there who are happily self-declaring as rubes.

Real “why on earth did you take him back?!” / “because he promised me he’d change!” energy from the middle-aged woman cohort, in particular.
Women seem to be far too loyal to individuals in sport.

Though they also seem to move on quickly :).

I’ve asked this before and don’t really have a handle on it myself but why does the AFL media refuse to engage with the Port Adelaide Fan base’s frustration with Koch and Hinkley?

Caro, Whateley, several age journalists, SEN, David Zita, etc etc have all backed Ken repeatedly. They’ve attacked the fan base as ungrateful, called the fans feral, vermin and other names. We are supposed to back and support Ken forever because he came to us in 2013 when we were at a low ebb.

I’m not a fan of booing but what can port fans do to show their dissatisfaction with Koch and Ken?

Because, if you had to talk about 18 teams every week, Port is toward the bottom of teams that you would pay attention to. Therefore, we get the most superficial takes possible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back