Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Wtf. Please boo.

Opinion​

AFL 2024

Booed, under-paid and over-scrutinised: Who’d be an AFL coach?

Port Adelaide coach Ken Hinkley.

The AFL must end the conversation about improving the lot of coaches, and act. Watching Ken Hinkley after last Sunday’s game should have proved another wake-up call.
Caroline Wilson

Caroline Wilson

Football columnist for The Ag
The only thing more inaccurate than Hinkley being under-paid is him being over-scrutinised.

So Wilson's point is we should be paying Hinkley more and questioning him less?

GTFO.

Wtf. Please boo.

Opinion​

AFL 2024

The AFL must end the conversation about improving the lot of coaches, and act. Watching Ken Hinkley after last Sunday’s game should have proved another wake-up call.
Caroline Wilson

Caroline Wilson

The fact that Hinkley blurted out to Sarah Jones “I WANT THE JOB” amidst his emotionally-manipulative attempts to cry suggests the pros still very much outweigh the cons, Caro.

Wtf. Please boo.

Opinion​

AFL 2024

Caroline Wilson

Caroline Wilson

Jeepers Caro. The faker made a beeline to Sarah Jones, running faster than he ran away from the ball off the hbf for the Geelong Handbaggers. It was a deliberate act. Spare me the "poor Ken" beatitudes.

The fact that Hinkley blurted out to Sarah Jones “I WANT THE JOB” amidst his emotionally-manipulative attempts to cry suggests the pros still very much outweigh the cons, Caro.
He and her ARE the Cons!

Jeepers Caro. The faker made a beeline to Sarah Jones, running faster than he ran away from the ball off the hbf for the Geelong Handbaggers. It was deliberate act. Spare me the "poor Ken" beatitudes.

I wonder if Tim McGrath, Barry ‘Effy’ Stoneham, Liam Pickering, and the other flagless wonders from that pr¡ckteasing Cats era are just as borderline sociopathic.

Sack Hinkley so he can find a better job where he is universally liked, gets paid more than $800k a year, and can fail to achieve his KPI for 12 years without being criticised. It's a kindness really.

Wtf. Please boo.

Opinion​

AFL 2024

Caroline Wilson

Caroline Wilson

For Gods sake.

Not a fraction of the scrutiny a coach of a team in major world sport is put under.

Pays actually pretty good particularly when there's no expections of you actually maximising the talent on your list.

Ken Hinkley is a clown and Port Adelaide is now his circus.

We win.

What a great performance under pressure. How did he get that team to produce that result.

We lose

How can that rabble of a fan base treat a good man trying his best with a list made up of four blind guys and an amputee.

Either way.

This the kenninkley foodbowl club people.

(I am sure somewhere, somehow , something is written that no one individual is bigger than the club - but here we are).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wtf. Please boo.

Opinion​

AFL 2024

Caroline Wilson

Caroline Wilson

Person who scrutinises coaches constantly over every little thing every day is upset that coaches are over-scrutinised? Is this real life?

Wtf. Please boo.

Opinion​

AFL 2024

Caroline Wilson

Caroline Wilson

Under paid? You horrible campaigner.

People are legitimately struggling and this charlatan has fleeced about 8 million dollars in 12 years.

Most people don't make close to that in their lifetime.

This guy's a ****ing bumpkin with a grade 10 education and a world record for lack of success.

**** you you stupid campaigner caro

I would tell Caro to EAD but I doubt there would be any takers...miserable woman.

I admired the way caro went after the Essendon drug cheats after all the other media weasels tried to sweep it under the rug.

But she's so hopelessly compromised on Hinkley. It's embarrassing.

Has there been a time during the past 12 years where you were confident that port could get it done no matter who we rocked up against?

Maybe 2014? Was 2020 and 2021 like that?

Just feels like swans and Carlton this year, lies and brissy last year, Richmond prior to that, etc etc just had a year or years where there was belief that you could beat whoever they were playing. Didn’t always happen but fans could rock up knowing they were a good chance of winning.

Has this been the case at port? Maybe I’ve just forgotten but feels like you could lock in a loss against the cats, the big teams of the year whoever that may be, west coast until recently and showdowns have been way more nervous than they should be considering we’ve been much stronger than them since 2019.

The only thing more inaccurate than Hinkley being under-paid is him being over-scrutinised.

So Wilson's point is we should be paying Hinkley more and questioning him less?

GTFO.
I think Caroline's village is missing their idiot. If Ken was on a performance based contract, he'd be owing the club a considerable amount by now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back