Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Somebody needs to raise this with the media. Do you think any of the people who booed, the people that bought season tickets, people who bought memberships or match day tickets
.. people who bought Port Adelaide Merch and spend hard earned dollars during a cost of living crisis, don't want to see the Port Adelaide Football Club succeed? They have more skin in the game than anyone else commenting on the matter bar those currently at the club. So **** off with your judgement and telling how they shouldn't do this or that. That performance in isolation, on that day, just about justifies the booing on its own, let alone all the rest. These media w***ers who get paid to watch every game and earn a living hanging on every word a coach or player utters are completely divorced from the reality of everyday supporters, it's a joke.

Is it? How many times has be got a fine this season for something stupid... Is getting put off his game to easily. Screams out unhappy for me.. but like I said no inside info... Just my opinion. Quite happy to be wrong.
He's dominating most weeks. Doesn't look unhappy other than being heavily tagged, easily frustrated and undisciplined like he always has been.
I don't think it's "Ken"... Most things are though.

He's dominating most weeks. Doesn't look unhappy other than being heavily tagged, easily frustrated and undisciplined like he always has been.
I don't think it's "Ken"... Most things are though.
To me, it just looks like he is fiercely competitive.

Kane just called your supporter base ‘pathetic’ and ‘most fickle in the league’ on the Footy Show. Seemed angry when he said it too, was a very weird rant and very directed. I’m sure you’re all aware which people at your club are getting this message spread on national platforms since the Brisbane loss.
The funny thing, is I look at it completely differently.

The game against Brisbane was just so far from acceptable, and the booing didn't just come because of one result, but nearly a decade of persisting with a failing regime. It was justified, and it was the only means for our supporters to feel heard given the near decade of shit we've gone through.

Meanwhile the game against the Dogs, the crowd was supportive, they were cheering and celebrating the form. The clapping wasn't an "oh they're back on board", it was a statement that this is what we expect. Put in that effort, play to your potential with some great ball movement and skill, and our supporters will praise you, recognise you and congratulate you. It doesn't change the underlying problem however of Hinkley and doesn't equal an acceptance of him. The weekends performance is the expectation, not the exception. Though the reality is it's just more of what we've seen for years and until we can start doing this against top 4-8 sides we're going nowhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hinkley is really going to outlast actual premiership coaches in Simpson and Beveridge

Bottom 4 West Coast lose to Melbourne and it brings about change. We'll lose to Melbourne in a few weeks and it'll be "well Melbourne are tough settle down you fickle supporters"

I'll keep Zak thanks. Get rid of Mr Kleenex.

Robert Redford Nodding GIF by Turner Classic Movies

Hinkley is really going to outlast actual premiership coaches in Simpson and Beveridge

Hang on. Hang on. Typical Vic bloody media mafia. Ken’s butt cheeks was on the grill of the BBQ for weeks, and the media defends Hinkley and puts us and Tredders through hell and back, but Simmo is on the chop board, and campaigner Tommy Grubby Morris has “in-tell” that senior West Coast players want him gone, which I don’t believe and think that accusation is made out of thin air because vic media mafia wants Simpson gone. The hypocrisy of the media to quickly defend Ken but not Simmo or any other coach makes my blood boil, like, spare me

(For the record, Simmo probably needs to go, but the lack of defence for Simmo but ultra-defence for Ken is the thing that annoys me.)

Last edited:
If anything, simpson getting the arse just adds another indefensible stat to the hinkley reign.

No one will care though since absolutely nothing seems to stick to slimy old ken.

I think I'm pretty much done even watching our games. There was no enjoyment in watching that performance. It just feels interminable. The club will be looking at any excuse to have him see out all of next year as well. Then who knows, we get on the top 4 and maybe they give him more years.

The most fun I've had watching us this season was when stinkers got booed.
Everything is just kicking the can down the road. The road to nowhere. There's nothing to be gained by it. I know a lot here have given up on AFL and can't watch neutral games, I'm not there yet. I can even find them more enjoyable than watching Port.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back