Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

It's obvious that we have a soft lazy culture, we go from the last two weeks to a team that looked like they want to win, they backed each other up on field and seemed to have better structures.
Why does it take the supporter base to turn on the club to play decent football, that is a lazy comfortable culture, just like telling your kid he's grounded unless he tidies his room, suddenly it's tidied.

This is why we need a new coach with a fresh voice because without consequence it won't work next time.
From the coaches to the players they are supposed to be a professional sports team and get paid accordingly, there is no excuse for their child like attitude, it should be inbuilt to want to succeed, like JHF, Bergman.
I'm sure we'll slip back into soft mode now the heat is of.
This isn't a matter of not being good enough like the fraud said 2 weeks ago, it's a good bloke huggy huggy soft attitude by the whole club top to bottom, they should all be ashamed of themselves.

Have faith people. Don't be fooled. It's not as if we haven't seen the odd good episode of a sh*t sitcom.
Like David King said a couple of weeks ago, nobody’s getting excited about Port beating the also-rans anymore, because Port has always brained the also-rans.

Dispatched two mediocre teams in the last fortnight, and I use the term dispatched very lightly as we did a Steven Bradbury against the Saints.

Some pretty piss poor defeated comments on here after a pretty good footballing performance yesterday.

Sure the opposition were off their game big time, but tackling, ball movement, structure around the contested ball etc were all very good and the players put the effort in.

Keep the pressure on and keep Ken and co accountable, every piss poor contest or half arsed effort, or dodgy selection call is unacceptable.

Some pretty piss poor defeated comments on here after a pretty good footballing performance yesterday.

Sure the opposition were off their game big time, but tackling, ball movement, structure around the contested ball etc were all very good and the players put the effort in.

Keep the pressure on and keep Ken and co accountable, every piss poor contest or half arsed effort, or dodgy selection call is unacceptable.

We shouldn’t have to keep the pressure on the senior coach to deliver results. That effort you’ve described should be a non-negotiable every week regardless of result.

This is why these ‘piss poor’ comments are made. We are sick of the same shit and tired of the players only rocking up when daddy is in strife.

We've seen how this ends time and time again. These ad hoc performances and results are a waste of *ing time. Hinkley has to go. End of story.

We shouldn’t have to keep the pressure on the senior coach to deliver results. That effort you’ve described should be a non-negotiable every week regardless of result.

This is why these ‘piss poor’ comments are made. We are sick of the same shit and tired of the players only rocking up when daddy is in strife.
Why not?
As far as im concerned there should always be pressure applied if you want results.
Problem with Port is no one in senior management apply pressure, they're all mates, so it takes a prolonged outburst from fans to bring the heat.
Im fine with that, we want the coach and players to be accountable, hold them accountable as only fans can.
They say they want Ken, ok, have Ken, but put in efforts like yesterday to keep Ken all the way to GF day or he goes, pretty simple.

Watching on from the stands, I was really proud of the boys yesterday. Some might say the Dogs had an off day, I'd like to think we didnt let them play as they would through our own intent.

It's not even effort.

Sure sometimes we've put in pissweak performances.

But I've watched so many games over the years where we dominate, commit hard 100% to the contest and still lose easily. Not because our players suck, but because our forward press is a dumb inefficient way of playing football. We lock it in for 15 minutes, dominate possession and piss blast a few behinds. Then the "Oppo" gets it out the back and kicks 2 quick ones.

Our system doesn't stand up in big games when the heat is on. It's been obvious for years. So there's no joy in watching us dominate a team that is either poor, or brings no heat. We know we win those games. It keeps Kennys 60% win look healthy without ever achieving anything.

Sack everybody

Professional footballers being praised for putting effort in is something I’ll never understand.

It's not even effort.

Sure sometimes we've put in pissweak performances.

But I've watched so many games over the years where we dominate, commit hard 100% to the contest and still lose easily. Not because our players suck, but because our forward press is a dumb inefficient way of playing football. We lock it in for 15 minutes, dominate possession and piss blast a few behinds. Then the "Oppo" gets it out the back and kicks 2 quick ones.

Our system doesn't stand up in big games when the heat is on. It's been obvious for years. So there's no joy in watching us dominate a team that is either poor, or brings no heat. We know we win those games. It keeps Kennys 60% win look healthy without ever achieving anything.

Sack everybody
And thats a 'good call'.
So we as a club need to be better, as fans we need to expect more and hold them accountable the only way we can, as weve seen this past 2 weeks.
As Coach, Ken needs to be accountable and give the players what they need to be accountable and the players need to be accountable if they want Ken to stay.

At the same time, we, as supporters, need to be accountable too.
When they play the way they did yesterday we need to say well done, thats what representing our club looks like, now show us again, and again, and again.
A mutual respect.

Reward should be for effort, not from simply participating.

Kane just called your supporter base ‘pathetic’ and ‘most fickle in the league’ on the Footy Show. Seemed angry when he said it too, was a very weird rant and very directed. I’m sure you’re all aware which people at your club are getting this message spread on national platforms since the Brisbane loss.

Kane just called your supporter base ‘pathetic’ and ‘most fickle in the league’ on the Footy Show. Seemed angry when he said it too, was a very weird rant and very directed. I’m sure you’re all aware which people at your club are getting this message spread on national platforms since the Brisbane loss.

Hate losing and long term under-achieving . Like effort and winning.

Fickle

skw39.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really, changed your tone a bit.

Screenshot (181).png
Screenshot (182).png
Screenshot (183).png
Screenshot (184).png

I don't bother reacting to his bullshit any more, he was a shit player that was gifted 300 games, quit half way through a season, letting his team mates down then failed as a fireman, such a selfish campaigner.
Remember Primus dropped the loser, he's a shit journo that doesn't report the facts and now he's a shit bloke.
Most of us here are embarrassed to have him represent the PAFC. He's got a chip on his shoulder about all the Glenelg GF defeats at the hands of the Magpies.
Kane and his old man are bitter people, Blighty had to show him how to coach a team to a premiership. The quicker Chad bro is gone the better.

Last edited:
Yeah we don’t give a shit.

Once Ken’s gone, so is Chad and all the toxic leaks, and we’ll have rid the club of this diseased family for good.

So Good Korn pots Ports supporters but bad Korn pots Tex Walker - on your way thanks.

Someone really needs to explain to kane what fickle means.
'Fickle' would mean we praise Ken when we win but want him sacked when we lose. We want him sacked win lose or draw. It's literally the exact opposite of fickle.

One example of 'fickle' we could give Kane so he can learn what it means would be saying every year that Hinkley need to make a Grand Final to save his job, and then changing your mind every year when he inevitably fails to make the Grand Final again while criticising the fans for holding him to a standard that you yourself set.

It’s Kane, so I don’t care.

No one believes him. A fair whack on here don't bother with him.

Everyone has seen what twelve years of Hinkley has gotten.

He's just a mouthpiece for the Four Frauds.

Everything about the club is stale and obvious and this is just another boring rant that everyone on here saw from a million miles away.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back