Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got us winning 4/7 - i was thinking anywhere between 2 and 5 wins and went with 4. Hardly optimistic. Winning 4/7 is actually a lower winning percentage than we've gone up to this point.

And you've got us winning 1/7? I guess when you are that pessimistic what I'm predicting would seem optimistic.

I honestly don't see how we are not a chance to beat Gold Coast, i think we will win that one personally and the week after against Richmond and at 12 and 6 it will be hard to miss from there.

I think we beat GC, Richmond and Crows and jag one of the others.

🤣🤣🤣 - Uhh, no, it’s being realistic and living in the real world like most supporters on here do.

Gold Coast - Haven’t lost a game all year at home, and now they're gonna be fired up after the loss against North.

Showdown - We go in as heavy favourites every time we fall on our faces. The Crows come into the showdown wanting to win; they treat them like GFs and win. We don't.

But the reason why we only win one game for the year, imo, is because the Bunsen burners are switched off at Alberton, and now, as Timmy would say, we go back to feeling “comfortable being comfortable.” Whenever we feel uncomfortable to the point where Ken’s job is on the line, you get performances like the one on Saturday. When we feel comfortable, we go back to playing putrid unwatchable football. As I keep on saying, we are so used to this cycle.

If you can’t see this cycle, it's on you.

"We haven't been able to get there (a flag) but with this group you can see it's building. At the same time, there is the pressure that comes with the (Ken's) tenure".

~ Port Adelaide CEO Matthew Richardson

📻 Sportsday SA

Building where?

blocks-wrecked.gif
big-bird-sesame-street.gif
baby-blocks.gif

God I hate this CEO

"We haven't been able to get there (a flag) but with this group you can see it's building. At the same time, there is the pressure that comes with the (Ken's) tenure".

Sportsday SA

Building? What a sandcastle. Please.

🤣🤣🤣 - Uhh, no, it’s being realistic and living in the real world like most supporters on here do.

Gold Coast - Haven’t lost a game all year at home, and now they're gonna be fired up after the loss against North.

Showdown - We go in as heavy favourites every time we fall on our faces. The Crows come into the showdown wanting to win; they treat them like GFs and win. We don't.

But the reason why we only win one game for the year, imo, is because the Bunsen burners are switched off at Alberton, and now, as Timmy would say, we go back to feeling “comfortable being comfortable.” Whenever we feel uncomfortable to the point where Ken’s job is on the line, you get performances like the one on Saturday. When we feel comfortable, we go back to playing putrid unwatchable football. As I keep on saying, we are so used to this cycle.

If you can’t see this cycle, it's on you.

No it isn’t being realistic. We realistic win at least 2 or 3, even if we play shit.

When is the last time we’ve lost 6 out of 7 games? 2018 in that horror run home, that included some horrible bad luck in that west coast game where we had the game won and then dropped like flies in the last quarter and the Jenkins poster goal in the showdown sunk us. You are saying we are going to produce our worst block of footy in 6 years, and after the way we played on Saturday and with our captain now back in form I just don’t think we are currently the worst we’ve been in 6 years.

Would you make a bet with me on us not winning more than 1 game in the run home? And all those supporters that apparently agree with you and think I’m off my head for thinking we can possibly do the unthinkable and win more than 1 game out of 7, how many of them would take that bet?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:

📻 Sportsday SA

Building from a minor premiership and 2 other top 4 finishes to a solid 7th-8th position finish.

On the way up!

Underpaid is an incredible take. The AFL and it's puppets truly are "It's one banana, what could it cost, $50?" levels of out of touch with the outside world. No wonder it's $8 for an ice-cream at the games.

Anyway, sack the con man and let him find a better paying job with less scrutiny
Well there is a federal election coming up

Yep. Seen plenty of false dawns with us.
Interesting that Ken did a full 180 and threw out his game plan of the last decade+ overnight.
And replaced it with a play-on-at-all-costs mantra, playing with instinct, passion and inventiveness.
Gone the stodgy old hold-the-play style, go through the playbook of set plays, go around in circles, hesitate and freeze up, fumble/stumble/bumble through poor decisions and woeful skills.
Instead enjoy playing, forget the set routines, play fast and dynamic footy, take risks, play with complete abandom.

Who am I kidding?
He would have been told to let the assistants devise a new strategy for this week and just run with it.
Before we know it, he'll be back with the keys to the car, and the same painful as pulling teeth style will resurface.
Enjoy this fleeting Nirvava - whilst it lasts.

We played a really shite bulldogs outfit that played like the chihuahuas

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My biggest takeaway from this if this is true is that senior Port players might be a bit more responsible for these 12 years of failure than many think.

We already know that. Boak, Wines, Jonas and Dixon etc are Hinkleysexuals.

No it isn’t being realistic. We realistic win at least 2 or 3, even if we play shit.

When is the last time we’ve lost 6 out of 7 games? 2018 in that horror run home, that included some horrible bad luck in that west coast game where we had the game won and then dropped like flies in the last quarter and the Jenkins poster goal in the showdown sunk us. You are saying we are going to produce our worst block of footy in 6 years, and after the way we played on Saturday and with our captain now back in form I just don’t think we are currently the worst we’ve been in 6 years.

Would you make a bet with me on us not winning more than 1 game in the run home? And all those supporters that apparently agree with you and think I’m off my head for thinking we can possibly do the unthinkable and win more than 1 game out of 7, how many of them would take that bet?

Do a count, mate. I agree to the bet on one condition that Ken is still the head coach for each game loss but going back to how many wins we have between now and the end of the year, I am being realistic. We are comfortable now. Performance will be there for the most part, but not enough to win. Carlton, Sydney, Melbourne, Gold Coast (at home), and Freo are better than us. That’s not a ridiculous statement; it’s just fact.

The Showdown would be a winnable game if we turn up and play hard, honest, Port Adelaide footy, but have we in the last couple of showdowns? No, and I don’t think recent form changes that, unfortunately.

So yes, I believe we will lose 6/7, but only if Ken stays between now and the end of the year.

📻 Sportsday SA

So the ****er finally surfaces what a campaigner

Do a count, mate. I agree to the bet on one condition that Ken is still the head coach for each game loss but going back to how many wins we have between now and the end of the year, I am being realistic. We are comfortable now. Performance will be there for the most part, but not enough to win. Carlton, Sydney, Melbourne, Gold Coast (at home), and Freo are better than us. That’s not a ridiculous statement; it’s just fact.

The Showdown would be a winnable game if we turn up and play hard, honest, Port Adelaide footy, but have we in the last couple of showdowns? No, and I don’t think recent form changes that, unfortunately.

So yes, I believe we will lose 6/7, but only if Ken stays between now and the end of the year.

GC away - 50/50, yes they are good there, but we also haven't lost to them since 2011.
Richmond home - 90% win. Night game brings it down from certain.
Carlton away - Certain Loss
Sydney home - 33% chance. Night game Vs top side, likely loss, despite the fact we've won 7 in a row against them.
Melbourne away - 20%-40% chance. Likely loss.
Showdown - 50/50 at best. Crows with nothing to play for and confident against us will be dangerous, only help would be if they are playing for kids with a focus on development.
Freo away - 20% chance. Likely Loss.

At 10 wins now, I think it is reasonable to say we could finish anywhere between 11 to 14 wins.

Last edited:
GC away - 50/50, yes they are good there, but we also haven't lost to them since 2011.
Richmond home - 90% win.
Carlton away - Certain Loss
Sydney home - 33% chance. Night game Vs top side, likely loss, despite the fact we've won 7 in a row against them.
Melbourne away - 20% chance. Likely loss.
Showdown - 50/50 at best. Crows with nothing to play for and confident against us will be dangerous, only help would be if they are playing for kids with a focus on development.
Freo away - 20% chance. Likely Loss.

At 10 wins now, I think it is reasonable to say we could finish anywhere between 11 to 14 wins.

Some of these percentages are a bit on the low side, are Melbourne all of a sudden good? When did that happen?

We’ve also got better than zero % chance against Carlton. We seem to like marvel and gws exposed some chinks in their armour.

And who knows where Sydney is going to be at when we play them, but we seem to play well against them. For the same reason people are suggesting we’ve got no chance against the crows due to recent records, wouldn’t that being the same as saying Sydney have no chance against us?

But even based on these averages it seems that 2 or 3 wins would be a minimum. Win Richmond, one of the 50/50’s and 4 other games with around 20-30% chance in you’d think you’d win one.

None of this is blind optimism. I’m legit going crazy here wondering how the hell expecting to win more than 1 flipping game in the last 7 is not being realistic.

Excuse the intrusion, sorry about Ken, etc.

The simplest question to ask here is “why don’t you back GC this week, with every cent you have to your name? A free 60% return?”.

The obvious response is “well… there’s a chance we actually win”.

Right… as there is in the other 5 “certain losses”.

Extreme pessimism tends to leave people with a warped sense of probability.

FWIW I think you’ll win between 1 and 5 (most likely 3, maybe 2 or 4, and unlikely but possibly 1 or 5).

The simplest question to ask here is “why don’t you back GC this week, with every cent you have to your name? A free 60% return?”.

FWIW I think you’ll win between 1 and 5 (most likely 3, maybe 2 or 4, and unlikely but possibly 1 or 5).
If all Port supporters put $100 each on Gold Coast to win. Hinkley would do everything in his power to make sure Port won. Which is probably letting someone else coach. But he would do it to spite us because he hates us. Just like Korn does.

Some of these percentages are a bit on the low side, are Melbourne all of a sudden good? When did that happen?

We’ve also got better than zero % chance against Carlton. We seem to like marvel and gws exposed some chinks in their armour.

And who knows where Sydney is going to be at when we play them, but we seem to play well against them. For the same reason people are suggesting we’ve got no chance against the crows due to recent records, wouldn’t that being the same as saying Sydney have no chance against us?

But even based on these averages it seems that 2 or 3 wins would be a minimum. Win Richmond, one of the 50/50’s and 4 other games with around 20-30% chance in you’d think you’d win one.

None of this is blind optimism. I’m legit going crazy here wondering how the hell expecting to win more than 1 flipping game in the last 7 is not being realistic.

Carlton have like Collingwood smacked us the last 2 times we've played. Their game has is beat. Away from home we will not beat them. In fact I'd be surprised if we got within 5 goals.

Sydney and 33% is based on 12 years of data that says we only win night games against top 8 sides occasionally, that isn't even factoring in the fact that after a couple losses we might start sliding and that they are not just a top 8 side but the best in the comp. Yes they're having a small slump, it was bound to happen. They're still the best team in it though. 33% is generous.

Melbourne yeah you could argue we're a bit better chance than that. A bit would depend on injuries, but we also were beaten by them here and play far worse away from home against the big sides. Maybe at absolute best you could say that we're a 30-40% chance.

I personally think we'll probably beat GC this week, Richmond the next, get to 12 and then stall. Would be surprised if we didn't pinch 1 more, but it's very possible we lose the last 5.

I'd put my house on Carlton beating us.

I think the core of all of this is it doesnt ****ing matter what we do between now and the end of the season because make finals or not, we aint winning **** all.

The only thing we have to believe in is that keninly will be put in his own annihilator if he misses finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back