Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

**** my life, honestly.
To add insult to injury, Dillon read a text message pointing out Rucci's hypocrisy to which he replied "And here they come" .
They then proceeded to play Never Tear Us Apart.
You can't make this sh*t up.
Rucci is a guttersnipe. A paid propagandist. A shill.

To add insult to injury, Dillon read a text message pointing out Rucci's hypocrisy to which he replied "And here they come" .
I don't get it

He went so hard at chocco and Primus

Did ken **** him too?

I'm confident that Josh Carr will be coach come round 1 next year. I'm also confident that it's his intention to reset the club culture to be more in line with the pre-Hinkley Port Adelaide. Watch this space.

This is just a hunch or?

I'm confident that Josh Carr will be coach come round 1 next year. I'm also confident that it's his intention to reset the club culture to be more in line with the pre-Hinkley Port Adelaide. Watch this space.

It's very difficult to be confident in this panning out given what happened in 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022 and 2023.

It's very easy because of the talent we have on our list to win 4 of our last 7, finished 5th/6th, win the first final before getting obliterated in the semi only for them to give Ken the final year of his contract because we improved by winning a final.

He won't leave money on the table. He won't step down. We're relying on David Koch to fire someone who wants to continue to get paid. We're relying on Donna Hinkley not glaring at Koch and having him fold faster than Superman on laundry day. There are too many things that can go wrong to keep Hinkley here.

We heard in 2018, 2019 and 2022 that he had to be gone, there's no way he can survive it, that it's coming, be patient. It never comes. We're like Wile E Coyote trying to catch the roadrunner and the anvil keeps falling on us.

Not necessarily, what we want is West Coast to make a big play for Carr and the Board have their hand forced and move Ken on so we don't lose Carr.

The board will simply re-sign Ken now that the orderly handover to Carr has been interrupted. Can't risk giving the reins to someone who hasn't spent several years under Chris Davies' genius.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Primus
Hardwick
Dew
Kingsley
Schofield

+ 4 current assistants and 2 former assistants

Clarko
Bailey
Walsh

The 2004 Premiership year players and coaches to coach at AFL level.

It's very difficult to be confident in this panning out given what happened in 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022 and 2023.

It's very easy because of the talent we have on our list to win 4 of our last 7, finished 5th/6th, win the first final before getting obliterated in the semi only for them to give Ken the final year of his contract because we improved by winning a final.

He won't leave money on the table. He won't step down. We're relying on David Koch to fire someone who wants to continue to get paid. We're relying on Donna Hinkley not glaring at Koch and having him fold faster than Superman on laundry day. There are too many things that can go wrong to keep Hinkley here.

We heard in 2018, 2019 and 2022 that he had to be gone, there's no way he can survive it, that it's coming, be patient. It never comes. We're like Wile E Coyote trying to catch the roadrunner and the anvil keeps falling on us.

It's just as conceivable to think they could lose 3 of their next 4 games, which would then mean they would have won just 3 of their last 9 games entering the final 3 games of the season.

You're also making a massive assumption that even if they make finals that they would win one - especially given that they haven't won a single knockout final under Hinkley since 2014 (0-4 since the 2014 prelim in such games).

What I'm certain of is that if Port make the finals from this position, given the remaining schedule, it will mean they have defied the long standing history of Hinkley being unable to get his team's to perform in big games late in the year when the stakes are higher.

The board will simply re-sign Ken now that the orderly handover to Carr has been interrupted. Can't risk giving the reins to someone who hasn't spent several years under Chris Davies' genius.

So then a question and a possibly a stupid one but let’s say for sake of the example we get beat badly by Gold Coast and lose to Richmond. That’s got to be Ken done and dusted?

Sacking fever has came to town with Simpson gone or no?

I don't get it

He went so hard at chocco and Primus

Did ken **** him too?
Rucci needs to make money to spend 12 weeks a year in Italy.

He aint the chief football writer of high selling paper, like the 90s and 00s, he probably earns 40% at SEN of what he did at the Tiser, so he has to suck up and write stories for the club and try and be everyone's friend, compared to when he could hang shit on people and be the big footy media chief in the state.

Hard not to like your way with words, Lil :)

Rucci needs to make money to spend 12 weeks a year in Italy.

He aint the chief football writer of high selling paper, like the 90s and 00s, he probably earns 40% at SEN of what he did at the Tiser, so he has to suck up and write stories for the club and try and be everyone's friend, compared to when he could hang shit on people and be the big footy media chief in the state.

Is he still employed by the club, REH?

It's just as conceivable to think they could lose 3 of their next 4 games, which would then mean they would have won just 3 of their last 9 games entering the final 3 games of the season.

You're also making a massive assumption that even if they make finals that they would win one - especially given that they haven't won a single knockout final under Hinkley since 2014 (0-4 since the 2014 prelim in such games).

What I'm certain of is that if Port make the finals from this position, given the remaining schedule, it will mean they have defied the long standing history of Hinkley being unable to get his team's to perform in big games late in the year when the stakes are higher.

We're currently sitting 6th with 7 games to go. % behind 3rd and 1 game and % behind 2nd. We can make the finals without playing outrageously good football at this point. All of the teams we have to play have had recent poor losses.

So then a question and a possibly a stupid one but let’s say for sake of the example we get beat badly by Gold Coast and lose to Richmond. That’s got to be Ken done and dusted?

Sacking fever has came to town with Simpson gone or no?

Until he's officially sacked, it's really hard to be confident. We've been through "no coach could survive this" like 4 times now.

Is he still employed by the club, REH?
He is paid to write 3 articles a week. 3rd one is to transcribe Hinkley's presser for the website.

Dont know if that means he is employed by the club or just invoices them per article.

It's obvious that we have a soft lazy culture, we go from the last two weeks to a team that looked like they want to win, they backed each other up on field and seemed to have better structures.
Why does it take the supporter base to turn on the club to play decent football, that is a lazy comfortable culture, just like telling your kid he's grounded unless he tidies his room, suddenly it's tidied.

This is why we need a new coach with a fresh voice because without consequence it won't work next time.
From the coaches to the players they are supposed to be a professional sports team and get paid accordingly, there is no excuse for their child like attitude, it should be inbuilt to want to succeed, like JHF, Bergman.
I'm sure we'll slip back into soft mode now the heat is of.
This isn't a matter of not being good enough like the fraud said 2 weeks ago, it's a good bloke huggy huggy soft attitude by the whole club top to bottom, they should all be ashamed of themselves.
Last year it was Tredders criticism that got them going, this year it's criticism from a sizeable proportion of the supporter base. When do these players fire up because they desperately want to win a flag. It's all so reactionary, they're never setting the agenda.

Organised a trip 3 mths ago to visit the Gold Coast to watch Port play. I'm here now but have decided I'm not going. Lost the love for the club atm despite the great win against the Dogs. I'm so sick of Hinkley being coach. It's like a prison sentence.

We all think that Hinkley is gone at the end of the 2024 season, why?.
Koch has made it easy to continue with Hinkley for the 2025 season, he's contracted.
The club had two chances to just not renew his contract but extended him instead, so why in hell do we think he will be sacked, we can dream but this club doesn't have the guts unless something gives in the media and they put the pressure on as well.

Last edited:
He is paid to write 3 articles a week. 3rd one is to transcribe Hinkley's presser for the website.

Dont know if that means he is employed by the club or just invoices them per article.

He explained it all the other day - sounds somewhat hands off but he does always seem to side more so with the club.

He plays a fine line. I think he genuinely dislikes the white noise but often it’s more how people talk through their argument which gets him agitated.

We all think that Hinkley is gone at the end of the 2024 season, why?.
Koch has made it easy to continue with Hinkley for the 2025 season, he's contracted.
The club had two chances to just not renew his contract but extended him instead, so why in hell do we think he will be sacked, we can dream but this club doesn't have the guts unless something gives in the media and the put the pressure on as well.
I don't.

I thought it briefly looked likely after the Lions loss, but not now.

If I'm Josh Carr I'm absolutely applying for the WCE job too, so perhaps Hinkley is still here in 2026.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back