Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

It was about getting off the remaining 800-900k left on his contract. At the time they couldn't afford to get rid of him unless it was for someone like Clarkson. The financial circumstances however have since changed and are no longer a mitigating factor.

This one I can't say as the information was given directly to me by someone high up at the Club. All I can say is that the demand was absurd and its enactment would have been unprecedented.
Just going to take a wild stab in the dark here to amuse myself.

Clarkson goes to the states a lot to immerse himself in US sports franchises for career development purposes.

Over there a lot of the head coaches are also the general manager, maybe Clarko wanted to combine the senior coach and footy ops role to become one almighty football overload behemoth.

I’ll see myself out tips cap

Hd Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Just going to take a wild stab in the dark here to amuse myself.

Clarkson goes to the states a lot to immerse himself in US sports franchises for career development purposes.

Over there a lot of the head coaches are also the general manager, maybe Clarko wanted to combine the senior coach and footy ops role to become one almighty football overload behemoth.

I’ll see myself out tips cap

You know what you might be right

If he gets another job in the AFL Industry, whatever he is paid reduces the payout that Port has to give him.

Why do you think Brad Scott got his plumb job at the AFL when North sacked him under contract.

Does the AFL need a used car salesman?

If we were sacking him he would have been sacked straight after the Brisbane game. Barring another massive disaster meaning a massive flogging he will survive the season. I think we will lose the last 5 games.

After that then I'm confident of change.

He's going to graciously step down and the fans will be painted as evil psychopaths for destroying poor widdle Kenny's mental health

It is an unfortunate situation but if Kane feels Ken is still the perfect fit for West Coast then we have to let Ken move on. It is only fair.

View attachment 2043481
I must make note of the time and date - I'm actually agreeing with Kane Cornes about something........

If we were sacking him he would have been sacked straight after the Brisbane game. Barring another massive disaster meaning a massive flogging he will survive the season. I think we will lose the last 5 games.

After that then I'm confident of change.

He nearly was sacked after the Brisbane game. Came a lot closer to happening than what anyone in the media reported.

There will come a time later this year when the Club has no choice but to let him go. The results will dictate it.

But the Club is also right in sticking fat right now given they are firmly in the top 4 race. Of course, the ladder is so tight this year that they can go from top 4 race to out of the 8 in a single round, which means that the media will be riding the waves with each and every game.

Realistically, if they lose 3 of their next 4, that puts them at 11-9 with 3 games to go but with a 3-6 record over their last 9 games. If the losses to Carlton and Sydney in particular are ugly, and the team is out of the top 8 at the time, I'll be surprised if he's not moved on at that point.

Imagine if it comes down to beating the crows in rd 23 to make the eight and save his job. He will literally explode with the double pressure of the showdown and making the eight. The boos if he loses against the crows again and misses the eight would be off the charts. Probably a fitting way to go and bookmark the end of his era.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's going to graciously step down and the fans will be painted as evil psychopaths for destroying poor widdle Kenny's mental health

Is he tho? I don’t think so we’re talking about a bloke that has squeezed every last cent from us. The only way he leaves, he gets the sack.

As recently as 10 days ago he said "I want the job", albeit through crocodile tears.

He isn't stepping down, he'll need to be removed.

We'll all be painted as monsters regardless of how he leaves, the important thing is he'll be gone.

Finals record %

Ken Hinkley 41.7%
Simon Goodwin 50.0%
Michael Voss 60.0%
Alistair Clarkson 61.5%
Adam Kingsley 66.7%
Craig McRae 66.7%
Adam Simpson 58.3%
Luke Beveridge 58.3%

If anyone knows a list comparing Hinkley to other coaches vs top 8 top4?

FB_IMG_1716085925498.jpg

As recently as 10 days ago he said "I want the job", albeit through crocodile tears.

He isn't stepping down, he'll need to be removed.

We'll all be painted as monsters regardless of how he leaves, the important thing is he'll be gone.
I can't recall any other senior coach continually saying "I want to coach for as long as I can. I love my job" in public.

Hinkley has no regard for what is best for the club. If he did, he would have handed back the keys years ago.

I can't recall any other senior coach continually saying "I want to coach for as long as I can. I love my job" in public.

Hinkley has no regard for what is best for the club. If he did, he would have handed back the keys years ago.

Saying this constantly whilst somehow also simultaneously getting hailed in the media as this ultra club first, selfless mother teresa type, who deserves perpetual gratitude from the fan base.

It's quite infuriating.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Back