Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

I've got a fair idea as to what happened last year but if I say everything I know, I'd lose confidence in the people telling it to me.

I can say definitively that even though the press release said the decision to extend Ken was unanimous by the footy committee and the Board - it was only unanimous once they had come to the conclusion as to what they were going to do about Ken. I hope you can draw the necessary conclusions from that.

This is just my own personal opinion, but I think Koch was getting heckled on radio an in interview about Ken, and threw out the August timeline off the cuff as a way of shutting the noise up. At the time no one expected to go on a 13 game streak and by August they would have expected to be out of finals contention so the decision would have been easy.

Then the 13 game streak came and Koch ended up looking like an idiot having to double down on his August timeline. Completely unnecessary, and a gaffe that defied all logic both back then and in hindsight.
I find that very believable about Koch making up the August part due to pressure on radio....but if it was true, all he had to say last August was:

"OK I invited the media to ask me about Ken's future in August...and now that it is August, my answer now, is that we will wait until the end of the season, and a decision will be made then"

Nobody is talking about the best case scenario here. Its definitely possible.

Lose to Richmond. Sack Hinkley. Get the caretaker coach bounce. Win 4 of the last 5. Get a home final.

Win the ****ing flag.

Have josh carr take the cup and yell in to the mic **** you Ken. **** you

(Ok the last two might be a little bit less realistic)

"Ladies and gentlemen, what a season it has been! We've battled through adversity, doubted ourselves at times, but here we stand today as champions! I want to thank each and every one of you for your hard work and dedication to this team.

But there's something else I need to address. For years, we've fought tooth and nail, always falling short of our ultimate goal. There's been a shadow over this club, a barrier that seemed insurmountable. That barrier was Ken Hinkley.

Ken, you held us back. Your outdated strategies, your lack of faith in our potential, it all kept us from reaching our full capability. Today, we've proven what this team is capable of without you. We've shown the world what true leadership and belief can achieve.

To the players, you've shown immense courage and determination. You never stopped believing in yourselves, even when others doubted us. Today's victory is a testament to your resilience and skill.

To the fans, this is for you. You've stuck with us through thick and thin. Today, we celebrate together, knowing that this victory is just the beginning of a new era for Port Adelaide.

So, Ken, wherever you are, know that we've moved on and moved forward without you. This premiership is a reminder that change was necessary, and it's paid off in the sweetest way possible.

Thank you all once again. Let's enjoy this moment, and here's to many more victories in the future!"

LOL. Every time Hinkley shits on a plate, Koch thinks it's Swiss chocolate. Even if we lose every game up to the Showdown he's staying. Even if he again embarrasses the club in a Showdown after that, it'll be 'Well one week to go, can't sack him!'. The 'best' we can hope for is miss the finals, lose the Showdown, with Hinkley repeatedly booed to the point Koch and co. fear it'll make them look bad if he's there in 2025. Even that's only a small chance. Small silver lining, of having traded out of the draft it'll be hard to get in shiny new toys ('the missing piece') to distract from next year's results.
If We lose the showdown he will be booed like never before.. if we get smacked early in the game there will be full quarters of booing and it will be hostile. Plus a last quarter walkout

There’s no way he will survive that no way.

You actually have to possess a brain to be in fact brain dead.
Consciousness, defined as awareness of self and thought requires the presence of a brain as far as scientists are aware.

That pretty much sums up Hinkley. Zero self awareness and intelligent thought.

Should we send Hinks up your way for a post coaching life tour? Take him to the track?
I suggested that in 2016 when I spent a few hours with him in Shanghai.

He reminded me the dog track is in Macau.

I threw up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lose to Richmond. Sack Hinkley. Get the caretaker coach bounce. Win 4 of the last 5. Get a home final.

Win the ****ing flag.

Have josh carr take the cup and yell in to the mic ** you Ken. ** you

You just know that if it happened that Koch would drag Ken up onto the stage and Josh would be looking at both of them with disdain.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Win the ****ing flag.

Post of the Year mixed with some RSI but I like it.

Win the ****ing flag.

How about "Big Footy you were right"

If We lose the showdown he will be booed like never before.. if we get smacked early in the game there will be full quarters of booing and it will be hostile. Plus a last quarter walkout

There’s no way he will survive that no way.

If we limp into the showdown, big losses to Carlton, Sydney, Melbourne, which is likely, there will be a considerable number of crows supporters, and knowing the bloody luck Hinkley has, the crows' hoorahs will drown out our boos.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Back