Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

If We lose the showdown he will be booed like never before.. if we get smacked early in the game there will be full quarters of booing and it will be hostile. Plus a last quarter walkout

There’s no way he will survive that no way.

Bro it could very easily happen on Saturday night, if we lose to Richmond (which I’ll be amazed if that does happen) but if we lose, omg I think all hell will break loose.

Last edited:

Nah.

The happy clappers are firmly in charge of the club and fanbase.

Na, he’ll lose the happy clappers, and what we saw against Brisbane will be nothing like what will happen if we lose to Richmond. This will be the point of no return. Just imagine losing to the frontrunner for the wooden spoon at home when the season is on the line. I will be amazed if Ken doesn’t get sacked. Most people and the wide mainstream media are underestimating this game and the ramifications for Ken and his job security if we lose this game. This might send the fans who attend the game and the wider fanbase over the edge.

Last edited:
Kane on Footy Classified saying Port need to change their game style as it has been found out by the opposition as evidenced by Hardwick's pre match interview yesterday.

No mention of who is in charge of said game style!

If we limp into the showdown, big losses to Carlton, Sydney, Melbourne, which is likely, there will be a considerable number of crows supporters, and knowing the bloody luck Hinkley has, the crows' hoorahs will drown out our boos.

If they lose those three games prior to the Showdown, I'd be very, very surprised if Hinkley was still employed at the Club.

Bro it could very easily happen on Saturday night, if we lose to Richmond (which I’ll be amazed if that does happen) but if we lose, omg I think all hell will break loose.

This. They lose on Saturday night, he's probably gone before the Carlton game.

Footy Classified bashed JHF on his behaviour and no criticism on Hinkley. AFL360/Couch 0.00, zero, zip, zilch, nada mention on Ken, JHF or anything port adelaide.
This infuriates me. If dickhead, look at me Hinkley didn't make a big deal of it on the bench and in the presser, no-one would be commenting. He could be spoken to like an adult behind closed doors.

I just finished listening to Tredders 5AA segment, it seems like the loser mentality is even starting to rub off on him. Just couldn’t stop praising the Suns while saying very little about another horrific Ken Hinkley coached performance. The clubs just about lost me completely.

This infuriates me. If dickhead, look at me Hinkley didn't make a big deal of it on the bench and in the presser, no-one would be commenting. He could be spoken to like an adult behind closed doors.
I know everyone is focusing on the Horne-Francis issue but, to me, it looks like it's more than just him. I'll admit I haven't watched Sunday's game (and probably never will) so I'm just going by everything I've read, mostly on here.

It sounds like there is a general malaise around the whole team and it's just showing up differently in different players. We have a few that clearly just don't have their heads in the game. These incidents of players crashing into each other, not being aware where their team-mates are. Lazy efforts maybe just because they have no enthusiasm for playing to a game plan that they know is never going to work. And players like Butters and Horne-Francis who very much want to win and play well, but they feel like their hands are tied by the game plan and other players not pulling their weight, so they get frustrated and it boils over into undisciplined actions.

I am still inclined to hold fire when criticising many of the players until we have seen them get the chance under a new, fresh, coaching regime, and being played to their strengths in a decent structure.

I just finished listening to Tredders 5AA segment, it seems like the loser mentality is even starting to rub off on him. Just couldn’t stop praising the Suns while saying very little about another horrific Ken Hinkley coached performance. The clubs just about lost me completely.

This is just another example of don’t listen much to what key figureheads say in public. Look at the actions they commit behind the scenes, Tredders is doing a mount of work behind the scenes and if you don’t believe me, ask, RussellEbertHandball who knows that this is the case. We are nearly there

Last edited:
Anyone know if AFL360 / on the couch had anything to say?

They don't care unless we're picking on him and being an unreasonable mob.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They've all forgotten how to be ashamed of themselves.

Kane on Footy Classified saying Port need to change their game style as it has been found out by the opposition as evidenced by Hardwick's pre match interview yesterday.

He can't strategise for them.

He's obviously paranoid about another scolding phone call from the master coach.

This is just another example of don’t listen much to what key figureheads say in public. Look at the actions they commit behind the scenes, Tredders is doing a mount of work behind the scenes and if you don’t believe me, ask, RussellEbertHandball who knows that this is the case. We are nearly there

We just want honesty & accountability. I’m fine with Tredders being on the Board, but I don’t think thats conducive to his current media role. We are now just subject to the status quo, where every phrase and response is carefully guarded and rather meaningless.

If you’re going to get someone to preview & review games, get an individual who is not beholden to anyone so they can just tell it how it is. I understand why Tredders can’t do that, & that’s the exact reason why he should exempt himself from that role.

We’re so far beyond what ‘normal’ looks like for a club on timelines stretching out this long, that even if one was to wholly agree with Kane’s pro-Hinkley clickbait shtick, the issue remains the same.

Whatever blame or innocence can be apportioned to players, coaches, admin, whoever, Hinkley‘s overseen and flubbed more chances than anyone else in the history of the league, and has objectively been there too long.

Everyone needs a fresh start.

We just want honesty & accountability. I’m fine with Tredders being on the Board, but I don’t think thats conducive to his current media role. We are now just subject to the status quo, where every phrase and response is carefully guarded and rather meaningless.

If you’re going to get someone to preview & review games, get an individual who is not beholden to anyone so they can just tell it how it is. I understand why Tredders can’t do that, & that’s the exact reason why he should exempt himself from that role.

We all want that, and, tbh, it shouldn’t be much to ask for. The problem is the people at the club and the way they run it. They created this environment. They created this division between the club and the members, supporters, and fans. They wanted the media circus, whether it be with whenever Ken’s contract has come up for renewal, the 3 flags in 5 years quotes, the best list in years quote from Ken, the drive-by’s from Caro to Warren, or the bloodthirsty pack article from Wheatley. They’ve wanted all of this. If our president had a backbone, he’d go to war for his club, especially against the media. Kochie thinks he controls the media. He doesn’t because I’d tell ya what if I were president: no way in hell do I allow Tredders to cop the drive-by’s, do that farcical public interview with Caro on that Thursday on 5AA, and I would publicly condemn any muppet from the media to refer to our members, supporters, and fans as a bloodthirsty pack. There disrespect to our football club need ramifications and because of it. I’d also start dishing out bans to the members, from the media to club pressers and anything club-related, which the club should do right now but doesn’t have the cojones to do so. Koch needs to change tac and surround himself with people who are winners and keep integrity and accountability at the highest order.

Last edited:
When you hear Tredders speak in the media remember the line "you don't take a crap in your own backyard". Hopefully the night of the long knives will be soon upon us but until then they need to stay silent in the media. And don't interrupt your enemy while he's making a mistake and all that stuff. Sack Hinkley

When you hear Tredders speak in the media remember the line "you don't take a crap in your own backyard". Hopefully the night of the long knives will be soon upon us but until then they need to stay silent in the media. And don't interrupt your enemy while he's making a mistake and all that stuff. Sack Hinkley

Aktshually some previous sack Hinkley threads only have 9700-9900 comments

99,529 posts in 10 threads.
Avg.: 9,953/thread

The minimum was in Sack Hinkley 9 that had 9,799 posts. All other were above 9,900.

There were 3 who reached 10,000. One had 9,999 posts.

Tredrea
Rob Snowden
Cassissi
Cos Cardone
Chris Davies
Matt Richardson
Jason Cripps

If you know any of them or have them on social media...

What?! This is our football committee?!?!

They don't care unless we're picking on him and being an unreasonable mob.
They can't say anything positive about the result so they say nothing. Otherwise they look like fools, & fools they are, clearly demonstrated by their ridiculous bias towards Ken. They're so unprofessional & cult like.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Back