Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just facts. Ken Hinkey is the greatest motivator coach in history.

The Collingwood coach is also considered a motivator coach but his sample size is too small and a flag doesn't really tilt the scale to him being a better motivator coach then ken Hinkey. Also watch his lowest ladder position he takes pies compared to ken

Chris Scott is a tactical coach. So I ask name a better motivator coach?

The Collingwood coach is also considered a motivator coach but his sample size is too small and a flag doesn't really tilt the scale to him being a better motivator coach then ken Hinkey. Also watch his lowest ladder position he takes pies compared to ken

Find a better way to spend your time. Seriously what are you doing thinking about this moron at all, trolling or not, when he doesnt even coach your club.

Short answer, there isnt. Which is why you should throw the kitchen sink at him.

There's still plenty of footy to be played against a fairly poor bunch of teams, even if they are at the top of the table at the moment. Naturally in a year where we need the top sides to put us to the sword, we get this season where you could throw a blanket over the top 12.

These idiots have caved multiple times. I absolutely trust that your mail is correct. What I don't trust is for the board not to wilt if we win a final and Ken tells them he reckons we're right on the cusp and he wants to go on.

If he is going to be sacked at the end of the year, he should be sacked already. My worry is that your contact is being told what they want to hear so they don't try to push too hard for the sacking, believing it's already a guarantee.
That is a reasonable worry. Makes sense the club may try to calm everything down by using that strategy. The players are definitely playing more as a team in the last few weeks. All the criticism & division has galvanised them.

My partner just walked downstairs, asked how the game went. I said we won. Her response was "is that good?". I don't know the answer, honestly.

I wish I could enjoy a win like this properly. Instead it's a nothing feeling like it has been for years.
This is why I've given up my membership for the first time in my adult life. This is why I've barely watched us play this year, and when I have watched it I'm more interested in my Supercoach scores than if we win.

I'd rather be back at Football Park with 12,000 other diehards sitting in the rain watching us lose to Collingwood by 138 points than watch tonight's game. At least then I could go to a game and know that I actually wanted us to win. Better to have a goal and fail spectacularly to achieve it than go through whatever the bullshit cognitive dissonance experience watching Hinkley's Port Adelaide is, knowing that I either have to watch the club I love lose on the scoreboard or watch the club I love extend the pointlessness of Hinkley's reign for another year. Watching our games is a lose/lose experience right now.

Last edited:
You can relax. This result does not change anything going forward. Making finals isn't going to save Ken.

It's going to be ok.
I'm sorry, I don't believe you. I've been hearing this for five years and it never comes true. There's less reason to sack him right now than there was in 2019 or 2022 and we didn't sack him then either.

That is a reasonable worry. Makes sense the club may try to calm everything down by using that strategy. The players are definitely playing more as a team in the last few weeks. All the criticism & division has galvanised them.
Problem is it only galvanises them until they've done just enough to take the pressure off of Daddy for a few weeks, and then they promptly go to shit again. We're stuck in a vicious cycle which we've seen play out so many times already. There's no good reason to believe this time is any different.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's still plenty of footy to be played against a fairly poor bunch of teams, even if they are at the top of the table at the moment. Naturally in a year where we need the top sides to put us to the sword, we get this season where you could throw a blanket over the top 12.

These idiots have caved multiple times. I absolutely trust that your mail is correct. What I don't trust is for the board not to wilt if we win a final and Ken tells them he reckons we're right on the cusp and he wants to go on.

If he is going to be sacked at the end of the year, he should be sacked already. My worry is that your contact is being told what they want to hear so they don't try to push too hard for the sacking, believing it's already a guarantee.

The Footy Committee are the ones who make the call - not the Board. And there are people on that committee with strong agendas to move on from Ken at the conclusion of this season.

I personally don't trust the Board either - but I know where my info is coming from, and it's close enough to the source to give me confidence to say he's going to be moved on regardless of how the rest of the season goes. The people I'm speaking to are definitely not just being told what they want to hear. You can never be certain in Board politics but it would be beyond a shock if something of that ilk happened.

Of course things can change but there's no suggestion that will be the case.

I'm sorry, I don't believe you. I've been hearing this for five years and it never comes true. There's less reason to sack him right now than there was in 2019 or 2022 and we didn't sack him then either.

Hard to sack a coach when at the time they had considerably more debt and weren't in a financial position to move him on.

I think we're all going to owe Chewy a beer for getting us thru this.

The day he gets moved on I'll be headed to the Precinct at Alberton that very evening with REH, will hold you to that beer.

Hard to sack a coach when at the time they had considerably more debt and weren't in a financial position to move him on.
We were in a financial position to move him on last year and we didn't do it.

He always has a contract, or we have too much debt, or we win 13 in a row, or something. There's always some excuse. Right now he had a contract and we're sitting third on the ladder. There's better excuses to keep him this year than most of the other years we've kept him. It defies logic that this year is the year we're going to sack him when we've let much more justifiable sacking opportunities go.

For a great motivating coach please explain why the team didn't turn up to play recent finals. Go back & watch the 2021 final against the Dogs & the 2 finals last year. Disgraceful efforts. And his recent Showdown record against our greatest rival. Crows came to play tough footy despite an inferior list, we didn't.

It's a myth.

We were in a financial position to move him on last year and we didn't do it.

He always has a contract, or we have too much debt, or we win 13 in a row, or something. There's always some excuse. Right now he had a contract and we're sitting third on the ladder. There's better excuses to keep him this year than most of the other years we've kept him. It defies logic that this year is the year we're going to sack him when we've let much more justifiable sacking opportunities go.

Well they stupidly made the decision to extend him in August last year - which is ridiculous given they would have sacked him after the finals series if he wasn't contracted. It was without question the dumbest move I've seen the Club make since the 2017 extension.

I really don't give two shits if you believe me or not though - and that goes for anyone. I would not be posting with such definitive language if the information I was getting was in any way ambiguous. I literally spent 4 years last decade writing as a part-time journalist for a Las Vegas football news group - I know more than anyone the importance of being accurate when reporting as opposed to providing opinions etc.

If he stays, it means that things will have done a 180 degree turn on the current situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back