Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Terrible point, same people said the same thing about Leon Cameron at Giants. Now Kingsley is in and is playing an attractive brand of football which took them to PF in their first year could do the same yet again.

Clarko was replaced by his assistant who's doing a better job now. Buckley was replaced by McRae who was not even at the club in Bucks' last year.

Hardwick couldn't do much in his last year with that Richmond list and he's a triple premiership coach. What on earth did you expect Yze to do in his first year?
His point is even more stupid when we’ll likely be knocked out by the Hawks next week under Sam Mitchell, while they fired a four-time premiership coach for him. Mitchell has sped up the Hawks rebuild and made them contenders, while Clarkson is leading North to another spoon.

Let's say that Port decide to terminate Hinkley's employment.
Who do you suggest replacing him with? The coaching market is relatively thin when it comes to available quality at the moment.
It's why Richmond ended up with Yze who is a dud.
Come on, Taper. I can only defend you up to certain point. 😅

Let's say that Port decide to terminate Hinkley's employment.
Who do you suggest replacing him with? The coaching market is relatively thin when it comes to available quality at the moment.

We could replace him with an inanimate carbon rod.

We may not win as many minor-round games, but we'd win just as many finals.

We could replace him with an inanimate carbon rod.

We may not win as many minor-round games, but we'd win just as many finals.
Again, if the replacement fails, we get a new one. It’s not a difficult concept to grasp, is it?

Hahaha! This is great.

Mods, can we separate Chewey’s post into a separate thread?

Alternatively, Chewy316, could you start one? 🙂

I think it’s deserving.

Let's wait until Hinkley is sacked, then we can revisit this.

Apparently my joke was a bit difficult to grasp? But you get a leave-pass because it's not your native language :)
No. I got it. I agree with it too.

I was just adding to it.

:rolleyes:Let's say that Port decide to terminate Hinkley's employment.
I'd consider Rod as a replacement.

View attachment 2104362

Why do people obsess with "wHO arE YoU gONna GEt?" This thread is about sacking the most unsuccessful coach in V/AFL history. There's another thread for discussing replacements
The idea that we have to stick with Donuts because his replacement may be an unknown is ludicrous. Donuts was an untried senior AFL coach when he came to Port 12 seasons ago. A fact that a lot of people choose to ignore.

Why is Yze a dud? Poor Kenny Hinkley hasn't got the cattle but Yze with an inferior list is a dud.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it was prefaced with “I don’t know him that well but”.
Reading between the lines, he doesn’t know him that well, does he….
Hinkley is a reminder of the good times when Mick coached a state side and could belt the likes of Hinkley in grand finals.

Similarly, that's why Chris Scott and Chris Fagan have spoken so respectfully of Kenny.

He's the rest of the competition's punching bag.

After Port beat Fremantle in round 24 to secure 2nd spot - Ken was seen as a superhero.
Where were the Hinkley haters then?

They were all here ... nervously trying to believe that something might have changed. That perhaps we could actually do something in finals for once. That we could actually make it to a prelim and win one.

Not BOMB OUT OF OUR FIRST FINAL BY 84 POINTS.

They were all here ... nervously trying to believe that something might have changed. That perhaps we could actually do something in finals for once. That we could actually make it to a prelim and win one.

Not BOMB OUT OF OUR FIRST FINAL BY 84 POINTS.

Clint, Taper was just emulating Kochie.

I'm not getting excited yet, if our moron coach manages to win the next 2 games we are stuck with him for 2025.
Remember what has happened in the past after the untenable comments, 13 wins in a row, after the Brisbane thrashing, we won 5 games we were predicted to lose.
Carn the Hawks, we must get rid of this loser once and for all.

So we're really doing it.

We're really going into a final with a coach who has coached the worst span of 4 finals in 127 years of league history
Who else are we gonna get except the coach that is ready and waiting?

Carr needs to display some true ruthlessness if he is indeed "ready".

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back