Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just facts. Ken Hinkey is the greatest motivator coach in history.

The Collingwood coach is also considered a motivator coach but his sample size is too small and a flag doesn't really tilt the scale to him being a better motivator coach then ken Hinkey. Also watch his lowest ladder position he takes pies compared to ken

Chris Scott is a tactical coach. So I ask name a better motivator coach?

He's a great motivator for our opposition.

Well they stupidly made the decision to extend him in August last year - which is ridiculous given they would have sacked him after the finals series if he wasn't contracted. It was without question the dumbest move I've seen the Club make since the 2017 extension.

I really don't give two shits if you believe me or not though - and that goes for anyone. I would not be posting with such definitive language if the information I was getting was in any way ambiguous. I literally spent 4 years last decade writing as a part-time journalist for a Las Vegas football news group - I know more than anyone the importance of being accurate when reporting as opposed to providing opinions etc.

If he stays, it means that things will have done a 180 degree turn on the current situation.

King Chewy

Don't know why some people are still doubting Chewy's info. I think the only way Hinkley is coaching Port next year is if we make the grand final - in which case fair enough and a lot of what we have to complain about will in all fairness have evaporated if by some miracle that happened.

Well they stupidly made the decision to extend him in August last year - which is ridiculous given they would have sacked him after the finals series if he wasn't contracted. It was without question the dumbest move I've seen the Club make since the 2017 extension.

I really don't give two shits if you believe me or not though - and that goes for anyone. I would not be posting with such definitive language if the information I was getting was in any way ambiguous. I literally spent 4 years last decade writing as a part-time journalist for a Las Vegas football news group - I know more than anyone the importance of being accurate when reporting as opposed to providing opinions etc.

If he stays, it means that things will have done a 180 degree turn on the current situation.
To be clear, when I say "I don't believe you", that doesn't mean I think you're lying. I believe you have a source and I believe you genuinely believe the information you're getting from your source to be true. But this is at least year 4 of hearing that he's definitely gonna be sacked at the end of this year. And we did a 'complete 180' those last 3 times too.

You said yourself you don't trust the board, so I assume your source isn't a board member, and that means that your source can only go off what they've been told by other people. People, especially the people on our pissweak board, have been known to change their mind when faced with the prospect of making a hard decision.

I think the standard Ken would have to achieve for that 'complete 180' to come about is probably a lot lower than you and your source have been led to believe it is. I expect if we make finals, even if it's only losing an elimination final, that'll be enough. And after tonight we're a lot more likely than not to make finals.

To be clear, when I say "I don't believe you", that doesn't mean I think you're lying. I believe you have a source and I believe you genuinely believe the information you're getting from your source to be true. But this is at least year 4 of hearing that he's definitely gonna be sacked at the end of this year. And we did a 'complete 180' those last 3 times too.

You said yourself you don't trust the board, so I assume your source isn't a board member, and that means that your source can only go off what they've been told by other people. People, especially the people on our pissweak board, have been known to change their mind when faced with the prospect of making a hard decision.

I think the standard Ken would have to achieve for that 'complete 180' to come about is probably a lot lower than you and your source have been led to believe it is. I expect if we make finals, even if it's only losing an elimination final, that'll be enough. And after tonight we're a lot more likely than not to make finals.

This is exactly where i'm at. I fully believe Chewy's mail regarding the current opinion of club powerbrokers.

I've also seen these people back away from an obvious sacking like complete cowards. I've seen Ken put his foot down when he should step away, and we know that the board really struggles to hold him to account in any manner whatsoever. I've seen them give him unnecessary extensions out of nowhere. When push comes to shove, I don't trust them to hold firm when, say, we win an elimination final and he tells them he wants to coach on, both of which are well within the realms of possibility.

I know there is a key member of the football committee present who wasn't there last time and I know his opinion, but he's just one man with one opinion.

Hinkley doesn't have the cattle, it's impossible to win games like this.

It’s funny how he oversees patchy performances like this with a lot of good and a lot of bad (similar to this year’s win at Kardinia Park),

And the takeaway always seems to be that he’s a magician with lightning in his fingertips conjuring a positive result with a sh¡theap, rather than,

“if they’re capable of wins like this despite only playing well for 2 and a bit quarters, why are they such perennial flakes and disappointments?”

It’s funny how he oversees patchy performances like this with a lot of good and a lot of bad (similar to this year’s win at Kardinia Park),

And the takeaway always seems to be that he’s a magician with lightning in his fingertips conjuring a positive result with a sh¡theap, rather than,

“if they’re capable of wins like this despite only playing well for 2 and a bit quarters, why are they such perennial flakes and disappointments?”

Because kerny doesn't coach the bad parts, he's only responsible for the good parts, duh 🙄

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chewy has written with authority and definitively recently and also without the need to do so but what Schulzy has written gnaws at the back of my mind too. We have seen countless spineless, conveniently "dumb" and poor decisions for over a decade and although Chewy writes with extreme confidence, the history is there.

If only you knew about Chewy's source.

Commentators comparing Hinkleys win rate to the NFL where 50% of wins is deemed a successful year....
What the **** are you guys talking about!!!!

They're just using the only argument you possibly could to support the idea that Hinkley is a great coach - ie, he's not a bad coach therefore he's a good coach.Traditionally though sport is about being first not about not being last.

On Fox Footy they had Dixon and Dal Santo talking about how hard it is to win the premiership (both having never won one) and how people should give Hinkley a break because he's always around the mark. Mooney joked that it's not that hard to win the premiership but you could tell he was half serious about it. He also said he loves Ken but that 12 years is a long time and that he understands why Port fans are frustrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back