Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just facts. Ken Hinkey is the greatest motivator coach in history.

The Collingwood coach is also considered a motivator coach but his sample size is too small and a flag doesn't really tilt the scale to him being a better motivator coach then ken Hinkey. Also watch his lowest ladder position he takes pies compared to ken

Chris Scott is a tactical coach. So I ask name a better motivator coach?
Will follow you with interest (rather put pins in my eyes) when he's your coach. Enjoy the "motivation" 😉

This is just facts. Ken Hinkey is the greatest motivator coach in history.

The Collingwood coach is also considered a motivator coach but his sample size is too small and a flag doesn't really tilt the scale to him being a better motivator coach then ken Hinkey. Also watch his lowest ladder position he takes pies compared to ken

Chris Scott is a tactical coach. So I ask name a better motivator coach?
lucious lyon wtf GIF

To be clear, when I say "I don't believe you", that doesn't mean I think you're lying. I believe you have a source and I believe you genuinely believe the information you're getting from your source to be true. But this is at least year 4 of hearing that he's definitely gonna be sacked at the end of this year. And we did a 'complete 180' those last 3 times too.

You said yourself you don't trust the board, so I assume your source isn't a board member, and that means that your source can only go off what they've been told by other people. People, especially the people on our pissweak board, have been known to change their mind when faced with the prospect of making a hard decision.

I think the standard Ken would have to achieve for that 'complete 180' to come about is probably a lot lower than you and your source have been led to believe it is. I expect if we make finals, even if it's only losing an elimination final, that'll be enough. And after tonight we're a lot more likely than not to make finals.

Fwiw, I never thought he was getting sacked in 2019 or 2021. I thought it was a legit possibility in 2022 provided they could get Clarkson, but once Clarkson went to North that was done. He was done in 2023 until they went on that win streak. There was even an important meeting between the big wigs at the Club the week of the Sydney game in round 4, where they lined up how they were going to proceed because it seemed obvious at the time that he was done. Then they went on the 13 game streak and people caved.

C4's info has pretty much been on the money all these years and I can't recall him ever saying Hinkley was near the sack either.

And this year is the first time I've ever really posted what I know about the Hinkley situation, I've never said in previous years he's done.

You and I can be in full disagreement about the standard required to keep Ken. I trust the people telling me what's going on, and if for whatever reason it changes, I expect to be in a position to provide an explanation as to why that occurred.

The Footy Committee are the ones who make the call - not the Board. And there are people on that committee with strong agendas to move on from Ken at the conclusion of this season.
Other than Tredrea who is on the Footy Committee that wasn't part of the committee that recommended Hinkley be given a contract extension last August? Greyhound syndicate member Chris Davies and Koch lapdog Cassisi are still there aren't they? How did all these people with strong agendas to move Hinkley on suddenly get on the committee?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Other than Tredrea who is on the Footy Committee that wasn't part of the committee that recommended Hinkley be given a contract extension last August? Greyhound syndicate member Chris Davies and Koch lapdog Cassisi are still there aren't they? How did all these people with strong agendas to move Hinkley on suddenly get on the committee?

Multitude of factors.

When the ship starts to falter - people want to jump to save themselves.

Weird innit

Even 4 years ago, when all hope was well gone, I'd have watched that and enjoyed a win and tuned into the media to hear about all the positive stuff

Now it just makes me sick
I couldn’t change the channel quick enough after the final siren.

Wasn’t interested in the post-game circle jerk that inevitably followed.

Everything at this club has become about one person and it’s just ruined it for me.

Hey, I won't hear a word against Amanda Blair, she is a lovely person.

She's allowed an opinion and she will hardly influence the decision on Hinkley.

Hey, I won't hear a word against Amanda Blair, she is a lovely person.

She's allowed an opinion and she will hardly influence the decision on Hinkley.
There really is no counterargument to the old "some of my best mates are Port supporters".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back