Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We have all pondered the question, is the list in 2024 good enough to win a flag.
I would say no and as we both know itā€™s just not me that believes this.
So why are we now playing our best footy for sometime?
There has definitely been a change in who we play and in what position they play.
No Marshall, no Jed, no Finn.
Rioliā€™s return, Rat playing forward
JHF playing more up forward with improved form of Wines,Drew and Rozee back to full fitness.
At the other end of the ground Burton has made way for the best midseason pick ever.
Since Jones has returned from injury his form has been the best weā€™ve seen from him.
Thatā€™s a lot of change within the list from halfway this year.
Also the competition has dropped off even more since the halfway mark.
I still donā€™t believe we are good enough to win the flag but right now I canā€™t put up a rational reason why we canā€™t considering the way all the teams are struggling.
One thing we can all agree on is there has never been a season like this one.

As long as your list is roughly top-4 for talent in a given season, itā€™s ā€˜good enoughā€™ to win the flag on a given day.

Itā€™s certainly hard to see the raw talent for what it is when theyā€™re serving up anaemic performances against mighty Gold Coast or the usual stagefright-defecation in Showdowns.

But there was nothing wrong with ā€œthe listā€ when we were 5 goals up on Collingwood at the MCG, was there? And as scabby as Sydney have been of late, rockā€™nā€™rolling them by triple-figures when they boast the likes of Grundy, Warner, Mills, Heeney, Gulden and Rowbottom in the engine room speaks for itself.

Makes you wonder why we insist on labouring through and enduring such pathetic performances and unfulfilled seasons when this ceiling is begging to be unlocked.

The statue will be going up outside Alberton on Monday ;)

But really, the reason why we've gone from not good enough to world beaters is Esava Ratugolea's move to CHF. A game defining CHF is solid gold.
Yes but more importantly it's the pressure from the fans and the great man Tredrea that has jump started them into doing what they all get paid to do and to have some pride and respect in the jumper.

But really, the reason why we've gone from not good enough to world beaters is Esava Ratugolea's move to CHF. A game defining CHF is solid gold.
Injuries forced that move cause I don't we'd have done it without them. Ratugolea went down for a couple, then Marshall and Finlayson went down and it forced him forward. It also fixed our defence which has been mean the past two weeks against two very good sides.

I'll give Ratugolea credit, I never rated him as a player but like Hinkley in the past two weeks he's shut me up. He's taken the pressure off Dixon and done his job well.

The problem is now I'm optimistic about our chances this year but the last 6 quarters have shown me that this teams best footy is up there with anyone's. Now they have to carry the momentum into the finals over the next three weeks but we do look to be building at the right time of the year finally. Don't think I've ever said that outside of 2020/21

As long as your list is roughly top-4 for talent in a given season, itā€™s ā€˜good enoughā€™ to win the flag on a given day.

Itā€™s certainly hard to see the raw talent for what it is when theyā€™re serving up anaemic performances against mighty Gold Coast or the usual stagefright-defecation in Showdowns.

But there was nothing wrong with ā€œthe listā€ when we were 5 goals up on Collingwood at the MCG, was there? And as scabby as Sydney have been of late, rockā€™nā€™rolling them by triple-figures when they boast the likes of Grundy, Warner, Mills, Heeney, Gulden and Rowbottom in the engine room speaks for itself.

Makes you wonder why we insist on labouring through and enduring such pathetic performances and unfulfilled seasons when this ceiling is begging to be unlocked.
Agreed the list was good enough but we werenā€™t utilizing the list to its full potential?
There has been a big shift to the starting line up from early season.
Why or whom has caused that is debatable.

The mighty Blues who lost an emotional match last night by 3 points and could be in the 8 only on % after today.
For me I canā€™t compare this season to others, nothing is lining up.
Iā€™m starting to believe other teams around us have fallen away with form and making us looking better than we actually are.
Itā€™s not an opinion I have any joy in believing.
Better thought would be there is a change in our game day team and we have the right mix in place in the back line and forward line.
This is because Hinkley has been forced into making change by others and the pressure coming from the supporters.
That sounds a lot more positive donā€™t you think?

Kane feeling vindicated in backing Ken and hanging shit on us who have been calling for his head is a weird flex considering he's been absolutely leading the charge to sack Bevo for the last couple years and now the Dogs are moving into flag favs.

Guys got no credibility but survives off of rage baiting and having the ability to frame the narrative in the media.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Anytime you can relegate an AA CHF to third tall is rather handy isnā€™t it šŸ˜…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Way things are looking we might end up playing Freo with the winner getting the double chance.

If we lose to the Crom this time with what's on the line we should put Hinkley in stocks on Black Diamond Corner and throw rotten fruit at him.

Ken Hinkley and Chris Davies, Head Coach and General Manager of Football declared publicly exactly 6 weeks ago the list was not good enough. I listened to last night's press conference and beyond ' we've worked really hard' and 'the competition is really tight', he says nothing of note; no insightful football knowledge nor tactical reasons behind the result.
The list is capable of winning a premiership Ken and Chris. The problem has never been the list. Get rid of these two so we can maximise this list's potential. You don't get generational talents like we have very often.
When the whips get cracking, he will sit there clueless as we've seen the previous 11 years.
Someone named Christian Romeo has quoted my post included above almost verbatim on Facebook. Is that even allowed šŸ¤”šŸ˜‚
Edit - actually not quoted. Posted as their own........

Last edited:
Agreed the list was good enough but we werenā€™t utilizing the list to its full potential?
There has been a big shift to the starting line up from early season.
Why or whom has caused that is debatable.

The mighty Blues who lost an emotional match last night by 3 points and could be in the 8 only on % after today.
For me I canā€™t compare this season to others, nothing is lining up.
Iā€™m starting to believe other teams around us have fallen away with form and making us looking better than we actually are.
Itā€™s not an opinion I have any joy in believing.
Better thought would be there is a change in our game day team and we have the right mix in place in the back line and forward line.
This is because Hinkley has been forced into making change by others and the pressure coming from the supporters.
That sounds a lot more positive donā€™t you think?

Who knows whatā€™s changed, but itā€™s patently absurd that the assembled talent can look so incompetent, listless, soft and weak against a mentally-soft Suns outfit missing arguably their two best players (Witts, Miller) ā€” the week after Globetrotting a red hot Bulldogs ā€” before going on to humble Carlton and Sydney in the fashion they did.

The variance is nuts.

"We can control where we finish by finishing the way we want to finish."
Ken Hinkley, August 3, 2024
Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

"We can control where we finish by finishing the way we want to finish."
Ken Hinkley, August 3, 2024
Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

With on-tap wisdom such as this, itā€™s becoming increasingly difficult to deny his genius, isnā€™t it.

Enjoy the ride for the time being. Team is playing well, and they're hitting their straps at the right time of the year. Relatively injury free as well.

If they win a flag it will be this Club's finest hour since 2004 and irrespective of how I feel about Ken, I hope he makes it onto the dais and yells out "Chewy from big footy, youse were wrong!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back