Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
262d52e1d1c79714eca3acb4b6a8e781
homer-day-dreaming.gif

Chewy316
Any update on your previous posts? Specifically, if we were to ultimately fail in making a grand final this year, do you expect we will have a different head coach for 2025?

I'm curious if Houston most likely missing the finals series this year will impact our expectations on how deep we go and if it'll be an excuse leveraged by Hinkley to play out his contract.

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Even if Port win the flag this yr Hinkley won't be at Port in 2025.
There a reason why he isn't wearing a head set while on the bench
Port have spoken to Buckley and he is interested in coming home

Whilst that partially may be true, I don't believe Kenny not wearing a head set means he isn't "coaching"

The boys will get on the phone to their specific coaches, e.g. the mids to Carr, backs to Goldstein, etc and Kenny will be coaching his view on the bench whilst talking during breaks etc to the coach group.

So yes, Kenny is still coaching.

How can you say that when Ken was coaching from the bench last year without a headset yet he won himself a contract extension. Your reasoning doesn't make sense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know who Watto's source is but I'd be very, very surprised if it were as good as Chewy's. I don't think Buckley is on the radar at all.
Yeah, Chewy better get back to the Millennium Falcon and hit light speed.

Chewy did say that if they were looking at Buckley they were keeping it super under wraps if they were.

The problem with that is Frampton just had to stop Mcstay from marking the ball . He did nothing else. Dan is one of the best HBs in the AFL. If you watch him at the ground he is directing where other defensive players should stand or go. He is a leader back there.
We are not replacing him ..period.

Thats an easy task for Frampton given McStay and Billy play for the same side and McStay was injured in the final ;)

But I agree with you, there's no direct replacement for Houston

Chewy316
Any update on your previous posts? Specifically, if we were to ultimately fail in making a grand final this year, do you expect we will have a different head coach for 2025?

I'm curious if Houston most likely missing the finals series this year will impact our expectations on how deep we go and if it'll be an excuse leveraged by Hinkley to play out his contract.

Nothing has changed.
He needs to take Port deep into the finals to keep his job for 2025.

If Port decide to move on from Ken, Ken won't be given an opportunity to use excuses to retain his employment.

Without going into contractual terms, if Hinkley wins the flag he will not be sacked.

If you are right on Buckley you deserve a lifetime gold pass on this forum - but literally everything I've heard is that Buckley is not a chance to even be an assistant.

But I like the old chewy.... He gave me hope 😔

The new Chewy is just like the old Chewy - hopeful 😎

The funny, amusing and ironic thing about Caro, Kane etc piling on Warren is that if Port win the flag this year, these muppets will still continue the pile on him as if if should be miserable that he was "wrong." He will continue to live in their heads rent free whilst all you will see at that time is Warren smiling from ear to ear where I'm sure a good photographer will find a way to get a shot of he and Ken holding the cup together on Grand Final night.

Taking a euphemism from the great man because God knows he says it a million times in every radio interview, "the reality is" that he, like any rational Port supporter wants to win a flag at all costs. Many, including Warren at times (given his untenable comment) have doubted that Ken can actually take Port to that end goal. The rhetoric has never been kick Hinkley out because we don't like him - it's kick Ken out because we don't believe he can win a flag.

And dare I say if we finally win a flag this year after 12 years of Ken, I would suggest there is a reasonable correlation to be had with Warren's arrival on the Board and a sudden surge of accountability and a drive of best practices within the footy department.
The last month has been the most un-Hinkley-like football I can remember. There's no way this change in the way we play is solely due to Ken.

The last month has been the most un-Hinkley-like football I can remember. There's no way this change in the way we play is solely due to Ken.

Even some detractors within the Club are starting to wonder whether the team has indeed turned the corner for the better.

I can't recall this much optimism within the Club under Hinkley. Maybe 2020, but they've been building to this stage for the last few years whereas 2020 came out of nowhere and things were largely an unknown.

Let's just enjoy the ride for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back