Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing has changed.
He needs to take Port deep into the finals to keep his job for 2025.

If Port decide to move on from Ken, Ken won't be given an opportunity to use excuses to retain his employment.

Without going into contractual terms, if Hinkley wins the flag he will not be sacked.

If you are right on Buckley you deserve a lifetime gold pass on this forum - but literally everything I've heard is that Buckley is not a chance to even be an assistant.

The new Chewy is just like the old Chewy - hopeful 😎
I've heard Hinkley is heading elsewhere mate

the bloke that cried about his hat being knocked off, genuine question is that the same bloke that was booing ken???

also how good is ken!!!
He is so good that he is looking at a move to Queensland. He is perfect as Fagan's replacement, I believe, five years his junior and will be perfect in sorting out the many social issues within the Lions. He will be available within the next six weeks.

He is so good that he is looking at a move to Queensland. He is perfect as Fagan's replacement, I believe, five years his junior and will be perfect in sorting out the many social issues within the Lions. He will be available within the next six weeks.
very strange to sack a potential premiership coach, also fages is contracted for next year but thanks

Even some detractors within the Club are starting to wonder whether the team has indeed turned the corner for the better.

I can't recall this much optimism within the Club under Hinkley. Maybe 2020, but they've been building to this stage for the last few years whereas 2020 came out of nowhere and things were largely an unknown.

Let's just enjoy the ride for now.
They didn’t get suckered in to the 13 win streak last year but do now?

Brisbane will want to sack him when they lose the elimination final. But I digress because it ain't worth arguing with an idiot, so perhaps run along before you are banned!
banned for what? supporting a great coach ken that has port currently 2nd on the ladder with potentially 2 home finals

seems like a fantastic coach to me

banned for what? supporting a great coach ken that has port currently 2nd on the ladder with potentially 2 home finals

seems like a fantastic coach to me
2 finals wins in 10 years isn't a "great" coach , are you taking the piss?
His issue for the last decade has been his failure to get the team up for big games and September .. nothing has changed in that space. Credit has to go to him for finally getting the club where it should be this year in the minor round given the level of talent but to call him a great coach is ridiculous

Last edited:
I don't know why you all hate on Hinkley here. Look what he has done this year! Nothing will stop a premiership in 24' besides a straight exit and surely that won't happen
LOL what has he done this year? I'm excited to see where we end up, but until we finish higher than we ever have under Hinkley, the reservations will continue.

Even if Port win the flag this yr Hinkley won't be at Port in 2025.
There a reason why he isn't wearing a head set while on the bench
Port have spoken to Buckley and he is interested in coming home

Bull
Shite

I don't know why you all hate on Hinkley here. Look what he has done this year! Nothing will stop a premiership in 24' besides a straight exit and surely that won't happen
His done what was expected of this list this year. A top 4 finish.
His actual job hasn't started yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've heard Hinkley is heading elsewhere mate

Not if they win the flag.

They didn’t get suckered in to the 13 win streak last year but do now?

By the end of last year a fair few of the players were playing with one arm or one leg due to injuries. Right now the list is pretty damn healthy and the competition is not at as high a level as it was last year

Never been a better chance to win a flag imo.

Maybe they told the players that if they win the premiership this year then Kenny will retire BUT if they don't, they'll sign Kenny up for 10 more years so that's made all the playing group go harder to win.

By the end of last year a fair few of the players were playing with one arm or one leg due to injuries. Right now the list is pretty damn healthy and the competition is not at as high a level as it was last year

Yeah true also the competition feels more wide open this year. Sucks we’ll be missing Houston.

Exactly. That 13 win streak took it out of the players especially the main ones e.g. Butters, Rozee, Wines etc... they didn't have depth and replacing players. Lycett was out a lot and caused no structure so it was Jezza.

Honestly, for what that young group etc did last season should realistically be given massive credit. Yeah they flopped In finals but you could see they were stuffed after the Essendon game where Houston won it after the Siren. Even before that.. took its toll.

That's what happens when some players don't get managed and there isn't enough good or ready, depth.

selective stats, 60% winning record is a great coach
Dude - great coaches don't fail to make a grand final 11 years in a row. Finals are what ultimately judge a coach's credentials, and Ken has repeatedly failed the finals acid test.

lets not let facts get in the way of your feelings
Take the hint and go eat your banana paddle pop and post on the Lions board. Last time I looked this was indeed the Port Board. Might be worth reading the posting rules regarding opposition supporters, that is if you can comprehend them. I have linked them below ion case you can't find them:

Take the hint and go eat your banana paddle pop and post on the Lions board. Last time I looked this was indeed the Port Board. Might be worth reading the posting rules regarding opposition supporters, that is if you can comprehend them. I have linked them below ion case you can't find them:

no worries ill leave it here, I suggest you read the rules also

* Spirited debate is encouraged but over-the-top criticism of players and/or officials is not welcome.

GO KEN! great coach, great person

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back