Opinion Sack Hinkley 4 - Show Him The Door

When to sack Ken?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you guys should consider that maybe THE PLAYERS are not good enough?
Just a thought don't crucify me.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk
I don't agree that their squad is weak, they're probably one elite midfielder away from being a complete side, they'd be disappointed someone like Merett resigned with Essendon as he is the profile of player they desperately need. There most likely getting in Dawson, which is a great recruit, to complement their squad nicely. But by saying all of this, every team that's won a premiership has had personnel issues that they'd like to improve but elite coaches find a way to mask the deficiencies of players and get them performing above their level. Like Ken Hinkley isn't working with scrubs here, hes got Boak, Gray, Wines, Allir, Fantasia, Dursma, Bergman, Georgiadis, Dixon, Amon, Marshall, Rozee, Butters, Bonner, Lycett, Byrne-Jones, etc at his disposal, people are sleeping on this Port Adelaide team, they should be one of the favourites for the flag but Hinkleys lowered the standards of this club and made people think he's working with bums. Plus Port Adelaide have so much cap space too, so really they're in the window to have extended shots at the flag but has bottled twice a home preliminary final in consecutive years.

I was only 10 in 2003 so I don't know too much about it, but for those that have a better understanding or memory of that time, was there about the same discontent with Choco at the end of 03 after another premature finals exit as there is with Hinkley now? Or did he have a bit more respect as he was still relatively new to the role? ...
No the discontent with choco was also pretty big the difference though choco and the club copped heaps of pressure from outside as well like the vic media. Up to now they have been easy on ken maybe cause he is Victorian or they don't really care how we go that might change now so it will be interesting to see how ken handles it.

Hinkley you were out coached. You allowed the dogs to play an extra man at stoppage whilst we leave dbj hanging on his own 30 metres off the ball in defense. What were you thinking Ken??? You need to resign and have some respect for this once great club.

Take a walk ken, you arent a tactical coach in the slightest. Any of us on this board wouldve drawn up a better game plan than this spud has tried continuously for the last 7 years.

This is a bit, right?

David Koch and the happyclappers personal obsession with Ken Hinkley is the only thing that has prevented Port Adelaide levelling the AFL premiership ledger with your lot at a minimum.

You should be greeting the news of each contract extension like the safe and healthy birth of a child into the family.

I was only 10 in 2003 so I don't know too much about it, but for those that have a better understanding or memory of that time, was there about the same discontent with Choco at the end of 03 after another premature finals exit as there is with Hinkley now? Or did he have a bit more respect as he was still relatively new to the role? ...

I dont think the vitriol toward Choco was worse than what Ken has received by some of the supporter base the last 5 years or so.

The main difference I have noticed between these two were that Choco actually had a tactical brain, always had his players develop elite skills by hand and foot, and he wasn't afraid to try different things. We were not just a good side in 2002 and 2003 - we were the dominant side in the comp those two years. But could not put it together in finals. Even then, we only lost by 2 goals in both qualis. This is in contrast to Ken who is tactically a buffoon - relying solely on "work harder for longer" to win games. We have been labelled pretenders all year, have been far from dominant. 6 games won by 2 goals or less, 4 by under a goal. Resilient, yes. But not anywhere near at a level that suggested dominant among the elite competition. The only reason I believe we were a chance this season was because the whole competition was pretty weak across the board.

With Choco I always believed going into 2004 they were on the right track. I have zero belief that Ken can lead us to a grand final win. Zero.

Hinkley you were out coached. You allowed the dogs to play an extra man at stoppage whilst we leave dbj hanging on his own 30 metres off the ball in defense. What were you thinking Ken??? You need to resign and have some respect for this once great club.

Take a walk ken, you arent a tactical coach in the slightest. Any of us on this board wouldve drawn up a better game plan than this spud has tried continuously for the last 7 years.
Drew on the bench at that start of the game was a joke too

How many coaches have been given 203 games to coach and achieve nothing? Can’t believe there are still idiots who think Ken isn’t the issue. It’s all well and good when other clubs blame their coach like Buckley, Pyke, Cameron, Scott etc who actually made a grand final in less time. Wtf has Ken done in 9 years?

I dont think the vitriol toward Choco was worse than what Ken has received by some of the supporter base the last 5 years or so.

The main difference I have noticed between these two were that Choco actually had a tactical brain, always had his players develop elite skills by hand and foot, and he wasn't afraid to try different things. We were not just a good side in 2002 and 2003 - we were the dominant side in the comp those two years. But could not put it together in finals. Even then, we only lost by 2 goals in both qualis. This is in contrast to Ken who is tactically a buffoon - relying solely on "work harder for longer" to win games. We have been labelled pretenders all year, have been far from dominant. 6 games won by 2 goals or less, 4 by under a goal. Resilient, yes. But not anywhere near at a level that suggested dominant among the elite competition. The only reason I believe we were a chance this season was because the whole competition was pretty weak across the board.

With Choco I always believed going into 2004 they were on the right track. I have zero belief that Ken can lead us to a grand final win. Zero.
Choco at least seemed like he cared about winning.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, put it this way, in 04 we had lesser attendances at games than we did in 02 and 03. Yes, there was discontent. We went to the brink with Choco. Almost lost the prelim too. This is who we are as a club. There is a difference, our oldest player in 04 I think was 30 and Choco was in his 6th year as coach.

This is the first final ken has been thrashed in so it makes it more of a head scratcher
He is 5-5 in finals the losses
2013 geelong - 16 points
2014 hawthorn - 2 points
2017 luke shewy
2020 Richmond - 6 points
The other 5 good solid wins
So before last night I felt ken was good at preparing teams for final games. So you can see why he and us are dumbfounded.

No the discontent with choco was also pretty big the difference though choco and the club copped heaps of pressure from outside as well like the vic media. Up to now they have been easy on ken maybe cause he is Victorian or they don't really care how we go that might change now so it will be interesting to see how ken handles it.
Media is soft on Hinkley because he is Geelong

It's worth noting that Ken didn't create the toxic culture of choking that pervades this club, it's something he inherited. But he's now had 9 long years to change this and not only failed to do so but has probably all things considered made things worse. Just sack him.

View attachment 1233725
Ken Hinkley describing his team after 9 seasons at the helm. Young. Developing.

9 seasons.

Even the “they” is telling enough. Trying to distance himself from every loss. The mastermind behind every win. Just **** off and never come back you monumental loser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back