Opinion Sack Hinkley 4 - Show Him The Door

When to sack Ken?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is it the coaches fault when you have far less talent?

Bont better than Wines
Macrae better than Boak
Libba better than Gray
B Smith better than Butters
Naughton better than Dixon
Treloar better than Amon
Dunkley better than Drew
Dale better than Houston
Daniel better than DBJ or Burton or whoever else
Hunter better than Duursma
English is better than Ladhams

The only area you have one better in absolute top end talent would be Aliir is a better interceptor than anything they have. Add to that Lycett is better than Martin now too, but wasn't so clear last night. You may have a more even spread, but their top end is far superior.
3 prelim he has failed, and got smashed last night despite everything going our way. That’s why it’s the coaches fault

Bont better than Wines
Macrae better than Boak
Libba better than Gray
Treloar better than Amon
Dunkley better than Drew
Dale better than Houston

The only area you have one better in absolute top end talent would be Aliir is a better interceptor than anything they have. Add to that Lycett is better than Martin now too, but wasn't so clear last night. You may have a more even spread, but their top end is far superior.

Yet we beat them in round 23?

Baffled by that argument of but who would you get. Like fu** me the footy world is full of more than capable replacements but somehow if they aren't hypothetically footballs Phil Jackson then it's a non starter in these people's minds.
I reckon I could name 30 gettable blokes that are far superior if it came to it.

Bont better than Wines
Macrae better than Boak
Libba better than Gray
Treloar better than Amon
Dunkley better than Drew
Dale better than Houston

Wow why are you posting online? With so much knowledge you must have made millions betting on the dogs last night when they were big underdogs despite being so much more talented. Go have some champagne buddy!

I think the premiership window is closed irrespective of who is in charge.

I have just watched his press conference as I was too angry last night to hear what Hinkley had to say.

What a pathetic deflection of all the questions. You are paid to man up and accept responsibility for shameful performances like last night and admit that you were wrong.
Don't worry I'm sure there'll be an emergency board meeting today in which Ken has to explain what the **** happened over the last two weeks, and culminating in last night.

Any time now...

People have a tendency to rubbish this idea, but it actually has merit. Where he goes, success tends to follow. He knows how to get through to players. He knows how to TEACH them.
People may think I was being sarcastic.
I wasn't.

Always loved Choco, and he's Port Adelaide through and through.

Things didn't end well with him, mistakes happen and people learn from those mistakes and get better from them.

We've become such a weak football club, allowing this fraud to coach us for 9 years of nothing is inexcusable.
******* hell.

Imagine waltzing into a home Prelim as $1.40 favourites, with every advantage over a battered opponent, and serving up a performance on par with the North game in 2019.

And shockingly, it’s the same man at the helm!

Imagine waltzing into a home Prelim as $1.40 favourites, with every advantage over a battered opponent, and serving up a performance on par with the North game in 2019.

And shockingly, it’s the same man at the helm!
And the same players not turning up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We’re not the worst.
We are Port Adelaide.
See you at the footy.

Sure, take the quote out of context. The whole point is that we should only be sacking if we're getting a legitimate upgrade. There is no guarantee an untried coach like Schofield is going to do any better.

He is currently our midfield coach, and that's the area we got smashed yest. Do you really think he has no input into what happened yesterday?

It's easy to call out names that are highly rated as replacements, but for every Luke Beveridge, there's been so many poor coaches. There's far more failed coaches than successful ones.

Bucks name has been thrown around as an option, but he was at Collingwood for nearly 10 years and won nothing. Yes, he made GFs, but are we sacking Hinkley to win one extra game a year?

Sack him if we're getting a proven winning coach - Clarkson or Choco.

We could have sacked Choco in 03 after falling out of finals, and many wanted him gone. We stuck with him and reaped the rewards.

Sure, take the quote out of context. The whole point is that we should only be sacking if we're getting a legitimate upgrade. There is no guarantee an untried coach like Schofield is going to do any better.

He is currently our midfield coach, and that's the area we got smashed yest. Do you really think he has no input into what happened yesterday?

It's easy to call out names that are highly rated as replacements, but for every Luke Beveridge, there's been so many poor coaches. There's far more failed coaches than successful ones.

Bucks name has been thrown around as an option, but he was at Collingwood for nearly 10 years and won nothing. Yes, he made GFs, but are we sacking Hinkley to win one extra game a year?

We could have sacked Choco in 03 after falling out of finals, and many wanted him gone. We stuck with him and reaped the rewards.

There’s no guarantees.
We’re not the worst.
We are Port Adelaide.
See you at the footy.

Yep our strategy is to back in the coach.

So far out of 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 07, 13, 14, 20 and 21 we have one flag to show for it.

It is at the stage now where even if Ken wins the flag next year this strategy could be seen as a failure

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Bont better than Wines
Macrae better than Boak
Libba better than Gray
Treloar better than Amon
Dunkley better than Drew
Dale better than Houston

Tend to agree with that but it is the nature of the loss that is so damning.

Bont better than Wines
Macrae better than Boak
Libba better than Gray
Treloar better than Amon
Dunkley better than Drew
Dale better than Houston

It so bizarre how oppositions supports always front up to throw their support behind Ken. Same goes for people in the media. What do these morons see in Ken? Is it themselves? Are they just not paying any attention to his constant failures?

I have never felt the need to go on an opposition board and defend their coach.

As long as it culminates in Ken's sacking.
When I **** up at work I have to explain what happened and why, and again why it won't happen again. And I just deal with computers.

Unbelievable if this doesn't happen in the next 24-72 hours, especially when the meeting would be forced to be virtual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back