Roast Sack Koch - Chairman of The Redeem Team

Remove this Banner Ad

"It''s only round 3"
"It''s only round 4"
"It''s only round 5"

giphy.gif

All of these recent interviews is really showing us how unbelievably incompetent and narcissistic these people really are. We knew it but their real qualities and values are obvious.

There is not one element of love or sacrifice for the Port Adelaide Football Club that these people show.
They just don't have the values of the club.
They don't understand the Port Adelaide ethos and quite probably hate the idea.

We are done until Koch leaves. Hinkley is a start but there is a real possibility that he will just put in one of his guys. It doesn't matter if they are any good, they just need to know where their bread is buttered. Nuala Hafner might be our next coach.

I really worry because if they put in a real Port Adelaide ruthless and winning coach, it will mean one person demands accountability and these values will be at odds, hence some good assistant coaches leaving abruptly.

It has to be said. Koch is an absolute loser and will go down in living memory as the worst Chairman of the Port Adelaide Footy Club. Koch and Hinkley will be seen in two ways - forgotten or ridiculed.

All of these recent interviews is really showing us how unbelievably incompetent and narcissistic these people really are. We knew it but their real qualities and values are obvious.

There is not one element of love or sacrifice for the Port Adelaide Football Club that these people show.
They just don't have the values of the club.
They don't understand the Port Adelaide ethos and quite probably hate the idea.

We are done until Koch leaves. Hinkley is a start but there is a real possibility that he will just put in one of his guys. It doesn't matter if they are any good, they just need to know where their bread is buttered. Nuala Hafner might be our next coach.

I really worry because if they put in a real Port Adelaide ruthless and winning coach, it will mean one person demands accountability and these values will be at odds, hence some good assistant coaches leaving abruptly.

It has to be said. Koch is an absolute loser and will go down in living memory as the worst Chairman of the Port Adelaide Footy Club. Koch and Hinkley will be seen in two ways - forgotten or ridiculed.
Not one iota of empathy for the long suffering members.

Not a single indication of a sense of responsibility to the members or the men and women who made this club great.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

"It''s only round 3"
"It''s only round 4"
"It''s only round 5"

giphy.gif

“Judge us at the end of the year”

“Dont judge us at the end of the year”

These people are ****ed

Summary:
  1. Very disappointed in the loss
  2. Worked very hard to get to wear the Prison Bar guernsey
  3. It's only round 3 of a long season
  4. Tredrea is only one club champion of many
  5. Tredrea has a podcast to promote
  6. It's round 3 of a very long season
  7. Many club legends disagree with Warren
  8. Many more club legends support what the club is doing
  9. It's a long season
  10. Did I say it's only round 3?
  11. There's another showdown

Piffle.
I liked the “even Mark Bickley said to keep Ken”

You idiot kock ! of course he did ! Every other team in the league want us to keep him
I am sick of it
I used to just go to matches and read forums like this for interest
Now I feel the need to join in the get rid of Ken bandwagon

11 years is a long time to be a chairman. 10 years is normally the max

Koch confirmed as Chairman​

The club is honoured to confirm that David Koch is the new Chairman of its Board of Directors effective immediately.
By Port Adelaide Football Club on Oct 2, 2012, 3:01pm

The Port Adelaide Football Club is honoured to announce David Koch as the new Chairman of its Board of Directors.

A respected and influential finance commentator, successful businessman and well-known television host, Mr Koch takes up the position of Director and Chairman vacated by Brett Duncanson who has served on the Board since 2005 and presided over it since 2009.

Mr Koch was nominated as a Director with the support of the Port Adelaide Football Club, the SANFL and the AFL, before being elected Chairman at a meeting of the Board.

[ Related: Changes to Board confirmed ]

A passionate lifetime Port Adelaide supporter and its Joint Number One Ticket Holder since 2007, Mr Koch has extensive credentials for the role as the club embarks on an era that will be defined by the move of AFL football to Adelaide Oval.

“For a Port Adelaide person and one who comes from a family that has been Port Adelaide for generations, it is an enormous honour to become the club’s Chairman,” Mr Koch said.

“There is no way I underestimate the challenges going forward, but I’m excited because I think that together we can make a difference and have a great impact as we guide the club through an incredibly exciting period.

“I have agreed to the role after taking advice from a great number of people, some of whom are every day members of Port Adelaide who sit in the outer week in and week out.

“I am humbled and strengthened by the support and commitment I have received from the supporters I have spoken with, the AFL, the SANFL and senior people within the club including Deputy Chairman Kevin Osborn and Chief Executive Officer Keith Thomas.”

Mr Koch brings extensive business knowledge and experience to the Board, along with entrepreneurial thinking, long-established contacts within corporate Australia and a national profile as co-host of Channel 7’s Sunrise program.

His appointment meets the recommendations of an external review of the Board’s make-up, urging a wider diversity of skills among its Directors including a strong representation in the eastern states.

A father-of-four married to Libby, Mr Koch will remain based in Sydney where he fulfils his daily television and financial commentary commitments while also running his own media business.

“I absolutely see the fact that I don’t live in Adelaide as an advantage in my role at Port Adelaide,” Mr Koch said.

“Port Adelaide has got to be a powerful AFL brand not only in Adelaide and South Australia but also a powerful national brand. I am fortunate to have an east coast influence and network and I believe that will be important to Port Adelaide going forward.

“While we are very much the Port Adelaide Football Club and we will never forget our roots and where we come from, we don’t just represent the Port Adelaide district.

“We have members who live in other areas of South Australia as well as interstate as well as overseas, and that’s where many potential supporters and corporate backers also are.

“We have fantastic support from many local sponsors like V.I.P. Home Services and many others, but we also have to think nationally and one of my first projects will be to set up a national advisory board of corporate and community leaders who are Port Adelaide supporters and want to help the club become stronger.”

Port Adelaide Deputy Chairman Kevin Osborn welcomed Mr Koch to his new roles.

“David’s national presence in television and financial circles will be a great help to our club as we look to expand our brand and appeal to a larger interstate corporate network,” Mr Osborn said.

“We are part of a national competition and it has become increasingly important that we have a national presence in all aspects of our business.”

Mr Koch will attend monthly Board meetings while maintaining constant contact with fellow Directors and Chief Executive Officer Keith Thomas. “I’ll be at every Board meeting personally by flying in for each one through the year,” Mr Koch said.

“And beyond those meetings, I will have plenty of contact with the people I need to. Technology means that it doesn’t matter where you are, you can eyeball people. I’m very comfortable with that and I know Keith and the board are at ease with that.”

Mr Duncanson said he was excited to hand over the reins to Mr Koch, having previously signalled his intention to stand aside at the end of 2012.

“David is a very proud Port Adelaide man who brings passion and many other great qualities to the role,” Mr Duncanson said.

“I am thrilled that he is taking over and I have no doubt that he is in a position to make a great impact on behalf of our great club and build upon what has been achieved in the past.”

Mr Koch said he was determined to see Port Adelaide become successful on the football field and financially strong away from it.

“The two things I’ll promise are that every individual associated with the club will do everything they can to be the best in the league, and that there’ll be no lack of heart around Port Adelaide,” Mr Koch said.

“It will have heart when it plays and it will have heart in in the way that it operates as a club including in the way that it deals with its supporters and members.”

Mr Koch was born and raised in Largs Bay and has maintained his devotion to Port Adelaide throughout his successful career.

“I am lucky enough to be a part of a great family tradition of supporting Port Adelaide,” Mr Koch said.

“My extended family, including cousins and their children, are all Port Adelaide people and they go to every game to support Port Adelaide in the outer. That will never change.”

DAVID JAMES KOCH

Chairman and Director of Port Adelaide Football Club
Co-host of Channel 7’s Sunrise program
Financial commentator for Channel 7, News Ltd newspapers and New Idea
Director of Pinstripe Media
Chairman of Organ and Tissue Authority Advisory Board
Founding Director and shareholder of Sydney Kings basketball organisation
Author of four books

Personal

Born: 7 March 1956 Married to Libby
Children: Samantha, Brianna, Alexander and Georgina.
Four grandchildren

I'd prefer Dorinda. Just think of the canapes in the Magarey room.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

11 years is a long time to be a chairman. 10 years is normally the max

Koch confirmed as Chairman​

The club is honoured to confirm that David Koch is the new Chairman of its Board of Directors effective immediately.
By Port Adelaide Football Club on Oct 2, 2012, 3:01pm

The Port Adelaide Football Club is honoured to announce David Koch as the new Chairman of its Board of Directors.

A respected and influential finance commentator, successful businessman and well-known television host, Mr Koch takes up the position of Director and Chairman vacated by Brett Duncanson who has served on the Board since 2005 and presided over it since 2009.

Mr Koch was nominated as a Director with the support of the Port Adelaide Football Club, the SANFL and the AFL, before being elected Chairman at a meeting of the Board.

[ Related: Changes to Board confirmed ]

A passionate lifetime Port Adelaide supporter and its Joint Number One Ticket Holder since 2007, Mr Koch has extensive credentials for the role as the club embarks on an era that will be defined by the move of AFL football to Adelaide Oval.

“For a Port Adelaide person and one who comes from a family that has been Port Adelaide for generations, it is an enormous honour to become the club’s Chairman,” Mr Koch said.

“There is no way I underestimate the challenges going forward, but I’m excited because I think that together we can make a difference and have a great impact as we guide the club through an incredibly exciting period.

“I have agreed to the role after taking advice from a great number of people, some of whom are every day members of Port Adelaide who sit in the outer week in and week out.

“I am humbled and strengthened by the support and commitment I have received from the supporters I have spoken with, the AFL, the SANFL and senior people within the club including Deputy Chairman Kevin Osborn and Chief Executive Officer Keith Thomas.”

Mr Koch brings extensive business knowledge and experience to the Board, along with entrepreneurial thinking, long-established contacts within corporate Australia and a national profile as co-host of Channel 7’s Sunrise program.

His appointment meets the recommendations of an external review of the Board’s make-up, urging a wider diversity of skills among its Directors including a strong representation in the eastern states.

A father-of-four married to Libby, Mr Koch will remain based in Sydney where he fulfils his daily television and financial commentary commitments while also running his own media business.

“I absolutely see the fact that I don’t live in Adelaide as an advantage in my role at Port Adelaide,” Mr Koch said.

“Port Adelaide has got to be a powerful AFL brand not only in Adelaide and South Australia but also a powerful national brand. I am fortunate to have an east coast influence and network and I believe that will be important to Port Adelaide going forward.

“While we are very much the Port Adelaide Football Club and we will never forget our roots and where we come from, we don’t just represent the Port Adelaide district.

“We have members who live in other areas of South Australia as well as interstate as well as overseas, and that’s where many potential supporters and corporate backers also are.

“We have fantastic support from many local sponsors like V.I.P. Home Services and many others, but we also have to think nationally and one of my first projects will be to set up a national advisory board of corporate and community leaders who are Port Adelaide supporters and want to help the club become stronger.”

Port Adelaide Deputy Chairman Kevin Osborn welcomed Mr Koch to his new roles.

“David’s national presence in television and financial circles will be a great help to our club as we look to expand our brand and appeal to a larger interstate corporate network,” Mr Osborn said.

“We are part of a national competition and it has become increasingly important that we have a national presence in all aspects of our business.”

Mr Koch will attend monthly Board meetings while maintaining constant contact with fellow Directors and Chief Executive Officer Keith Thomas. “I’ll be at every Board meeting personally by flying in for each one through the year,” Mr Koch said.

“And beyond those meetings, I will have plenty of contact with the people I need to. Technology means that it doesn’t matter where you are, you can eyeball people. I’m very comfortable with that and I know Keith and the board are at ease with that.”

Mr Duncanson said he was excited to hand over the reins to Mr Koch, having previously signalled his intention to stand aside at the end of 2012.

“David is a very proud Port Adelaide man who brings passion and many other great qualities to the role,” Mr Duncanson said.

“I am thrilled that he is taking over and I have no doubt that he is in a position to make a great impact on behalf of our great club and build upon what has been achieved in the past.”

Mr Koch said he was determined to see Port Adelaide become successful on the football field and financially strong away from it.

“The two things I’ll promise are that every individual associated with the club will do everything they can to be the best in the league, and that there’ll be no lack of heart around Port Adelaide,” Mr Koch said.

“It will have heart when it plays and it will have heart in in the way that it operates as a club including in the way that it deals with its supporters and members.”

Mr Koch was born and raised in Largs Bay and has maintained his devotion to Port Adelaide throughout his successful career.

“I am lucky enough to be a part of a great family tradition of supporting Port Adelaide,” Mr Koch said.

“My extended family, including cousins and their children, are all Port Adelaide people and they go to every game to support Port Adelaide in the outer. That will never change.”

DAVID JAMES KOCH

Chairman and Director of Port Adelaide Football Club
Co-host of Channel 7’s Sunrise program
Financial commentator for Channel 7, News Ltd newspapers and New Idea
Director of Pinstripe Media
Chairman of Organ and Tissue Authority Advisory Board
Founding Director and shareholder of Sydney Kings basketball organisation
Author of four books

Personal

Born: 7 March 1956 Married to Libby
Children: Samantha, Brianna, Alexander and Georgina.
Four grandchildren

I think Ken and Koch were hoping for a flag. They will both walk at some point never achieving that at all.

I really hope the next coach does do that withing the space of 3 years which will well and truly prove a point as to who was wrong.

Heard the interview.

Did he answer the question re is Ken here till August emphatically? I felt like he moved on pretty quickly - if it goes to shite he will be under pressure to do something at the bye.

He sounded under pressure to me - and not very happy with Warren, Kane’s his media mate for sure.
Somehow Koch thinks he knows more about footy then Tredrea is how I've interpreted it and come off looking like the self centred twerp he is.

Tredrea calls it as he sees it, whether it be good, bad or indifferent. He's never going to toe the company line for Koch, Hinkley or any of them.

I can't see how Koch can't see why so many of the fan base identify with Tredders (besides the fact he's right) is Tredders represents us. He's born Port Adelaide, our sole AFL Premiership captain, arguably our greatest ever AFL player & he calls out in the media what many of us see, and discuss here & elsewhere. Whatever Koch thinks he is he isn't and never will be any of that. Part of me thinks Koch is jealous of Tredders in someway or he's utterly stupid I haven't figured out which one.

Koch needs to go, he's playing out supporter base as idiots and treating us as such.

Kochies segment conceding a tough start to the season in regards to the draw and we weren't hardery for longery against the Crows.

No mention about the sh1t preseason preparation for this so called tough draw.

I think the #stickerman should focus on Kochie after he is done with Hinkley

What is also fogotton under this incompetent ceo is we have port languishing in the two's
With players who dont look like adding anything to this club in any way shape or form.
These pricks are burning this club to the ground.
The incompetence runs deep within this club and we look like things will not get better under these fraudsters

Somehow Koch thinks he knows more about footy then Tredrea is how I've interpreted it and come off looking like the self centred twerp he is.

Tredrea calls it as he sees it, whether it be good, bad or indifferent. He's never going to toe the company line for Koch, Hinkley or any of them.

I can't see how Koch can't see why so many of the fan base identify with Tredders (besides the fact he's right) is Tredders represents us. He's born Port Adelaide, our sole AFL Premiership captain, arguably our greatest ever AFL player & he calls out in the media what many of us see, and discuss here & elsewhere. Whatever Koch thinks he is he isn't and never will be any of that. Part of me thinks Koch is jealous of Tredders in someway or he's utterly stupid I haven't figured out which one.

Koch needs to go, he's playing out supporter base as idiots and treating us as such.

Don’t worry he sees it all. It will fall down like a deck of cards.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Sack Koch - Chairman of The Redeem Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back