Preview Saints vs Bombers Fri 14 July Etihad

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Membrey out is huge..acres is not even close to membreys marking ability..we must bring another forward...if paddy is nit ready i say roll the dice and get rowan marshall..
One thing is for sure, there'll be plenty of head scratching going on if Paddy doesn't get up

BOOM!!

Rice's VFL highlights just been put on clubs website..i think he will replace mckenzie who had a heavy fall taking that mark..could still be sore from it..
I'd say if Dan was doubtful and Rice was a strong chance to come in for him he would have sat out the last quarter (at least) of the VFL game on Sunday.

The big knock on Rice has been his endurance, so I reckon the likelihood of him making his debut 5 days after playing a full VFL game (if that's what he played) is pretty much zero.

You guys get the feeling we are in for a classic? Hope both sides come out firing and play like it's a finals game, Bloody excited as both teams best is exhilarating.

Please don't be a fizzer. :)
Gonna be an absolutely massive game - if it weren't for GWS v Sydney, would be without a doubt the game of the round. Friday night footy in Melbourne, two sides that play fast, attractive footy vying for a spot in the 8 in front of over 45,000 fans should be a ripper

Both teams very up & down. They have some very good young players, McDonald-Tipungwuti is a gem, very exciting. Hopefully they are down & we are up.
who ****ing knows in season 2017.

I've seen our team play both the best footy of the comp (v Port Adelaide, WC) and the worst footy of the comp (Melbourne, Brisbane). I dare say you have seen similar.

Strangely enough I like that you guys had such a big win and we're such heavy underdogs. Bit worried about Steven and Ross though. Hopefully Merrett and Heppell both have cracking games to match them.

Walla is a gem, as you say, and alongside Fantasia really gives us an edge if they fire. One name you probably aren't too concerned about but maybe should be - if I might be so bold - is big Tommy Bellchambers. He has been absolutely mint over the last few weeks. Hugely competitive in the ruck and allows Joe Daniher to spend a lot of time forward. The other one would be David Zaharakis. His run has been instrumental in our good games over the last 4-6 weeks, he's been very good. Hooker is the other guy who is probably due - but having said that may just fizzle as well the way he's been going.

Interested in some of the match ups. Not sure who will take Roo and Bruce, as in, which way they'll go with Hurley and Hartley. I dare say McGrath to Gresham will keep shit really interesting for everyone.

****ing can't wait already

Rice's VFL highlights just been put on clubs website..i think he will replace mckenzie who had a heavy fall taking that mark..could still be sore from it..

On SM-N9005 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Gee those highlights are good!
Loved the defensive mark and then just burst away from the pack. Also the hit on Dickson on the boundary line was a big hit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

David Armitage Groin TBC
Nick Coughlan Hamstring 1-2 weeks
Nathan Freeman Back Test
Hugh Goddard Foot Season
Billy Longer Hamstring Test
Paddy McCartin Concussion TBC
Tim Membrey Suspension Available round 19
Darren Minchington Ankle TBC
Jimmy Webster Suspension Available round 18
Mav Weller Ankle Test
Updated: Tuesday, July 11

If I have the day free what I like doing is watching an old throwback classic of the two sides before the game starts, then tune into the current day Saints.

Cleared out Friday to sit back with some beers and watch this classic from '97.
52,000 at the 'G.

I'm pumped already.

So glad if Newnes is okay. He's a heart and soul player, like Geary, but also has near elite skills/stats/impact. An unsung hero.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I like him but have to disagree on the near elite skills, actually think he makes some pretty costly turnovers, I mean all players do but he does it too frequently for me to consider him near elite for skills. Otherwise a terrific and important player.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If I have the day free what I like doing is watching an old throwback classic of the two sides before the game starts, then tune into the current day Saints.

Cleared out Friday to sit back with some beers and watch this classic from '97.
52,000 at the 'G.

I'm pumped already.

One of the great games, first time I really started believing in 97 when we won this, we could never beat the Bomers back then!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back