Saints - window officially shut

Remove this Banner Ad

Adz

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
I think we can now categorically rule out a St Kilda revival under Scott Watters - it's not going to happen. Tonight showed that they are a quite a way off the best teams.
Is it time to offload some of their ageing stars for some picks why they have currency?
Players like Dal Santo and Hayes must be GUTTED knowing they won't get a flag.

Given Dal Santo and Montagna did sweet **** all, Fisher went down half way through the game and Goddard didn't have a great game I thought overall they did pretty well.

I wouldn't write them off yet, they have some tough games but give them a chance and see how they go over a few of them.

Will continue to slide in the upcoming years. Lyon jumped before the ship had completely sunk; as soon as Riewoldt, Dal, Montagna, Hayes etc retire the team is completely shot. Very scarce young talent down there.

Their window was obviously shut last year same as dogs, it was just some delusional supporters that thought otherwise. As their stars fall away in next couple of years they are going to crash big time.

Unsure still. Had Hawkes measure all night really. Fisher going off and some atrocious decisions the Hawkes way cost them dearly. Like Simpkin Stanley Stevens Siposs Milera and a few more in Sandy.

I think we can now categorically rule out a St Kilda revival under Scott Watters - it's not going to happen. Tonight showed that they are a quite a way off the best teams.
Is it time to offload some of their ageing stars for some picks why they have currency?
The writing was on the wall as early as about midway through last season. Could still make the lower rungs of the 8 but will only be nuisance value in the finals

You know what?

I actually don't give a shit about picks. Start from scratch. I'm not saying tank or anything because I don't really condone it.

I just think we need to blood the youngsters we've got in the big games so they can get some more experience and just let our form and our resulots take care of themselves.

Tonight showed our younger brigade were not as good as Hawthorn's - finally playing a quality team (no disrespect to Port, Freo, Melbourne, Bulldogs or Gold Coast, I'm talking top six quality here) they didn't perform as well as they ahd the first month and all of s sudden we see why they are where they are.

As for your bolded point, Hayes yes but if Dal Santo retires without a premiership, it's almost partially his own fault. Of our elite players, Dal is probably the one who goes missing in the big games the most.

Was good seeing Goddard at his best tonight and Kosi performed well too...

Just not up to it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They will more than rue not winning the 2009 flag. It was theres from round 1 that year. Feel for them, it wouldn't have upset the applecart them winning and Geelong being 07, 11 premiers only.

Terrible thread.

We were competitive all night against Hawthorn tonight, who are supposedly the flag favourites, the final margin flattered them btw.

We also lost our main ruckman McEvoy before the game and our best defender Fisher before half time while having to cope with some terrible one sided umpiring in favour of the Hawks.

We were far more impressive tonight than Collingwood were last night who just fell over the line against the Bulldogs who are a bottom 8 side.

Can't wait to play Collingwood later this season, we will see whose window is shut then and if we win the OP can expect this shit thread to be bumped.

Terrible thread.

We were competitive all night against Hawthorn tonight, who are supposedly the flag favourites, the final margin flattered them btw.

We also lost our main ruckman McEvoy before the game and our best defender Fisher before half time while having to cope with some terrible one sided umpiring in favour of the Hawks.

We were far more impressive tonight than Collingwood were last night who just fell over the line against the Bulldogs who are a bottom 8 side.

Can't wait to play Collingwood later this season, we will see whose window is shut then and if we win the OP can expect this shit thread to be bumped.

up until three quarter time tonight, was thinking how much I wanted to play Collingwood at the moment.

After the final quarter where we just got completely dominated and served a harsh dose of reality, i'll just happily wait until the end of the year.

People don't realise how bloody important Fisher is to our team.

Terrible thread.

Hawthorn is out of form and the Saints have been in good form and Saints were in the 8 while the Hawks are 11th..
So I think in actual fact the Hawks must be good to have just beaten the Saints by 6 goals...
I'm still not overly happy with tonight's performance btw, but four points is all that is needed to get a season back on track...
And oh the Umpires were bad but that had no effect on the game, if you want to go down that road then had Hawks kick straight the game would of been over in the first term.
But we don't deal with what ifs don't we???

up until three quarter time tonight, was thinking how much I wanted to play Collingwood at the moment.

After the final quarter where we just got completely dominated and served a harsh dose of reality, i'll just happily wait until the end of the year.

People don't realise how bloody important Fisher is to our team.

In the final quarter our spirits were broken by the one sided umpiring, we did well to fight against it for three quarters and stay in the game.

Fisher was a huge loss too along with McEvoy. May have been a different result if we had both of them playing a full game tonight and got some neutral umpires.

In the final quarter our spirits were broken by the one sided umpiring, we did well to fight against it for three quarters and stay in the game.

Fisher was a huge loss too along with McEvoy. May have been a different result if we had both of them playing a full game tonight and got some neutral umpires.

yeah I think to lose one of Fisher or McEvoy was pretty shit, to lose both....

Jeez, being a St Kilda supporter sucks sometimes....

I cant believe that a club that played off in two GF's, three with the draw, only 3 years ago has Polo in its best 22.

he was named emergency and came in when McEvoy etc pulled out :confused:

even ignoring any injuries (Schneider, Gwilt etc) simple logic would suggest he's not considered best 22.

Saints: 1 Premeirship in 115 years.

Next premiership in 2147?

(j/k)

Remove this Banner Ad

Saints - window officially shut

Remove this Banner Ad

Back