Saintsational Posters Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Saintsational Hacked Again

LOL at cowboy! haha

Anyways, anyone else concerned about the 8 minute video Hinch is reporting about in his latest blog?
Hinch doesn't know, or hasn't said, who the targets of the video are. He insinuates that it's the Saints. Another ignorant opinion-monger shaping the public debate, yippee. :rolleyes:

Where do you start with that tossbag. I'll bet he fancies himself an investigative journalist.

Believe it or not I was just coming back to edit the post before it is quoted.

BTW nothing abusive in it but it just isn't worth it.

Yeah, there was nothing wrong with what you wrote.

I was happy for you to have a right of reply and then that would be the end of it.

Can't quite follow the nailing of the colours to the mast; I like BF for all its diversity (footy pages and beyond, rarely the main board unless there's a scandal :)) and SS for it's sense of community but this thread is rather familiar.

Reminds me of the time the The Judean People's Front forum went down and those posters started posting on the Judean Popular People's Front forum which drove one of the moderators to start a family friendly Facebook page for the Campaign for a Free Galilee. Meanwhile the Popular Front of Judea failed to attract followers to their tweets. Fickle new social media.

:D :thumbsu:

Missed this the first time.

I heard from HSVKing today, he's on the case but quote "having trouble getting hold of the webmaster". It would appear no ETA as of yet.

You catch on quick, MM. Normally when it comes to dealing with filth, you can use domestos or just flush it down the can. But like the MCG change room on GF day, it can overflow and it is often better to get the hell out of there.

I assume you've now met Tiny from Timmytown, KissTroll, PuMunchoo, PieLied and Optispak!

Keep up the good work. I'll have to venture over to the cesspit for a laugh.

I think I've met them all except PuMunchoo and Optispak (if PieLied is in fact PieBeast?). Who are the other 2?

I've also met another 'legend in his own mind' named AmberGuzzler.

I don't mind 'the distributer' he along with a couple of others are quite funny.
PieBeast has taken to visiting here and deliberately misquoting my posts over there, so It's fun calling him out on it.

I cannot believe he's that stupid that he thinks anybody would just cop his crap without returning fire?:)

It will be interesting to see how he misrepresents this psrticular post over there!!!!!

I heard from HSVKing today, he's on the case but quote "having trouble getting hold of the webmaster". It would appear no ETA as of yet.

Given that I'm the one who paid for a year's hosting in early December, I ahd my son (technolically knowledgable and a SS poster) call them to try and find out what the problem is.
You cannot seem to get through to speak to anybody at Tech Support so in the end he spoke with someone in their ACCOUNTS section.
they told him:-
they are aware of the problem
Hackers had 'destroyed' the server (explained to me as a hard drive) and that they were 'working on' getting the website transferred to anothe server.
All the data is preserved

When my son asked why something that normally should take hours to fix has already taken 2 weeks he couldn't get a reasonable answer.
They did state that it would be quicker if we (Battye?) could send thema backup of the website.
He asked why they didn't have a 'backup' adn they said that they did but it would be quicker if we provided our own?!?!

He finished the conversation qiute frustrated.

I'm posting this as I've been unable to contact Battye to let him know, in case he's not having any success with tehm.
Hopefully he's reading this or someone who is in contact with him is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, is there an ETA on Saintsational's return? I'm getting very worried for p66's wellbeing. I didn't think he'd be able to last a day without making 25 posts, let alone a couple of weeks. Could you imagine living with him over that time? Crikey!

Their response is 'we're working on it'

Make of it what you will.
I suppose a good thing is that they claim to ahve all teh data (can enyone confirm that is actually a good thing?)

So, is there an ETA on Saintsational's return? I'm getting very worried for p66's wellbeing. I didn't think he'd be able to last a day without making 25 posts, let alone a couple of weeks. Could you imagine living with him over that time? Crikey!

lol I don't mind P66 - What about Saintbrat, how can she survive not being able to post, anything, long as it's posting (and Stinger) They had the highest post counts :eek:

lol I don't mind P66 - What about Saintbrat, how can she survive not being able to post, anything and in everything (and Stinger) They had the highest post counts :eek:

I think you'll find Saintbrat will be just fine :cool:

When my son asked why something that normally should take hours to fix has already taken 2 weeks he couldn't get a reasonable answer.
They did state that it would be quicker if we (Battye?) could send thema backup of the website.
He asked why they didn't have a 'backup' adn they said that they did but it would be quicker if we provided our own?!?!

He finished the conversation qiute frustrated.
I'm not surprised, how exactly do you take a regular site backup of something as volatile as a chat forum, from outside the host's network?

I would reply to the site host requesting instructions. Personally I think they're talking sh!t.

Their response is 'we're working on it'

Make of it what you will.
I suppose a good thing is that they claim to ahve all teh data (can enyone confirm that is actually a good thing?)

They would create, in effect restore points on X date on what transpired on SS on said date, in effect they would just have to reload this on a working server and there'd be no issue as far as users are aware. The problem comes with if;

The server was rubbished then data might not have been "lifted" and might instead have to be "dug up". Think of it like a book, it's easier to lift a book (data) with spine (server) but it's a pain if the pages are everywhere, some are up on the shelf whilst others have been taken by snails to be eaten.

Then you have to effectively create the same type of server to handle the same loads (x amount of data per click / connection) and ensure that it all points to the same area it did before, this is like Google maps, you could be pointing to Melbourne Aus but if you then just typed "Melbourne" you might be redirected to Florida.

Shouldn't take 2 weeks, that is rather absurd, but yeah it is a good thing that they still have it since it means that SS likely wasn't damaged in any capacity and it's just a process of getting whoever who is still on holiday or etc to pull their collective fingers out.

lol I don't mind P66 - What about Saintbrat, how can she survive not being able to post, anything, long as it's posting (and Stinger) They had the highest post counts :eek:
Pulling out the weeds in the front lawn tends to remind me of p66. They just keep popping up. And the others may have had higher post counts, but I'm not sure they racked them up in as short a time as mr 66.

Pulling out the weeds in the front lawn tends to remind me of p66. They just keep popping up. And the others may have had higher post counts, but I'm not sure they racked them up in as short a time as mr 66.

YOU.....In the garden???????????

We'd need photographic evidence :eek::eek:;) !!

Remove this Banner Ad

Saintsational Posters Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back