2nds SATURDAY, AUGUST 31 Elimination Final – Pies v Port Melb (replay now up on ABC iView)

Remove this Banner Ad

Glad they put the Game on Saturday so Pie Fans can go to VFL on Saturday and AFL on Sunday.

Though it bloody Stupid that we play at Port's Home Ground when we finish above them:mad:

Glad they put the Game on Saturday so Pie Fans can go to VFL on Saturday and AFL on Sunday.

Though it bloody Stupid that we play at Port's Home Ground when we finish above them:mad:

Agreed about the home ground should have at least been at a neutral ground if it can't be at Vic Park.

Is it on ABC?

http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?client=1-118-0-0-0&&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=25217838

For those coming to the VFL finals on Saturday at North Port Oval, the entry fee is as follows:

Adults $15
Concession $10
Kids U/12 FREE

Plus Beer at North Port is $4.50 a can (including full strength).

Best way to get there is to take a train into the city (usually Southern Cross) and from Collins Street take the 109 Port Melbourne tram. Jump off at North Port tram stop and the ground is a 2 minute walk from there.

Who do you think will pull the bigger crowd at North Port Oval in the VFL finals this weekend?

Collingwood on Saturday (with the AFL side playing Sunday and against the 'home team' Port Melbourne)

OR

Essendon on Sunday (on the back of the whole banned from AFL finals business)

Ground can hold around 8,000 people... maybe a sell out on both days with warm and sunny weather predicted.

Who do you think will pull the bigger crowd at North Port Oval in the VFL finals this weekend?

Collingwood on Saturday (with the AFL side playing Sunday and against the 'home team' Port Melbourne)

OR

Essendon on Sunday (on the back of the whole banned from AFL finals business)

Ground can hold around 8,000 people... maybe a sell out on both days with warm and sunny weather predicted.

Sell out unlikely but can see them getting 4-5000 each day which for wk 1 VFL finals is excellent.

Clinton Young returns for the final.:)

Collingwood

B Yagmoor Ramsay Oxley
HB Russell Richmond Frost
C Didak Beams Seedsman
HF Hudson Corr Kennedy
F Young Witts Paine
R Jolly Martin Hellier
Int Allan Broomhead Collopy
Ferguson Gray Heagney-Steart
Hine Wallace Mooney S. Williams
Kelly* Moloney Tyquin

Krak is not listed? Is he not playing in the VFL this week?

Your guess is as good as mine. Rang in an hour before the Sandringham game to say he was sick then played well last week in the win over Werribee. Just weird what's happening with him at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your guess is as good as mine. Rang in an hour before the Sandringham game to say he was sick then played well last week in the win over Werribee. Just weird what's happening with him at the moment.

Don't know what's going on. If I did I would shed some light. I mean I assume he is not playing in the VFL if he is not listed? Yeah he was sick when the Pies played Sandringham. He was not well.

But not sure why he isn't listed in the VFL side.

Joke that it's played at Ports home ground.

We finished above them yet they get the advantage.

2nd That but I think it is becasuse ABC thinks it's the Best Ground to Televise Games

Elliott playing?

Nah Bucks said he wouldn't play anywhere this weekend, still resting the hammy up for the finals, well the AFL finals that is.

Port Melbourne is, and always should be, the venue for the majority of VFL finals. It is a brilliant boutique venue.

What makes it the Best for VFL Games?

What makes it the Best for VFL Games?
Location, size, facilities, atmosphere, choices to sit (stand, against the fence, standing room, on the hill), view, city backdrop, tradition.

Location, size, facilities, atmosphere, choices to sit (stand, against the fence, standing room, on the hill), view, city backdrop, tradition.

Spot on ;)

Actually, last year the VFL looked at the possibility of playing it's finals at Victoria Park.

Unfortunately the Yarra City Council who own the ground were too greedy/demanding and the VFL ended up sticking with the status quo (except for the Semis which went out to Casey Fields).

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds SATURDAY, AUGUST 31 Elimination Final – Pies v Port Melb (replay now up on ABC iView)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back