2nds SATURDAY, AUGUST 31 Elimination Final – Pies v Port Melb (replay now up on ABC iView)

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for that. Not good timing, let's hope the VFL team gets up this week so he can get another crack at it.

Yeah I guess, when a player hits 30 (in Andy's case) or another player in thier 30s, it probably takes a bit longer to recover. As you said hopefully the VFL Pies can get the job done and move forward onto next week.

Yeah I guess, when a player hits 30 (in Andy's case) or another player in thier 30s, it probably takes a bit longer to recover. As you said hopefully the VFL Pies can get the job done and move forward onto next week.

Strange he had soreness seeing he didn't play a game 2 weekends ago, that's 2 weeks off in a 3 week period.

Strange he had soreness seeing he didn't play a game 2 weekends ago, that's 2 weeks off in a 3 week period.

Well would you like me to ask him to get in contact with you and you can ask him your query ??

I'd say this is Krak's last year based on the way he seems to have dropped off towards the end of the year.

Hunger might no longer be there and the body seems to have had enough

He was flying in 2011, had a good year. 2012 - the year he did his knee was inconvenient. Shame about that knee injury. Spent most of 2012 out which was a shame for Collingwood. Made a comeback for the finals series though. Was ok but lack of games meant it was always catch up and it took it's toll. As I said, just a shame about him getting that knee injury in 2012.

He was flying in 2011, had a good year. 2012 - the year he did his knee was inconvenient. Shame about that knee injury. Spent most of 2012 out which was a shame for Collingwood. Made a comeback for the finals series though. Was ok but lack of games meant it was always catch up and it took it's toll. As I said, just a shame about him getting that knee injury in 2012.
Yes, shame indeed mate. Krak is the X factor that we lack in our team, would love for him to be fit and firing for the AFL finals but it looks unlikely.
Anyway, you wish him all the best from the army and hoping that he can get another year out of himself before hanging the boots.

A location map for North Port Oval (formerly TEAC Oval), Port Melbourne.

239359_1_L.jpg

Tram Timetable (109 - Box Hill to Port Melbourne via Collins Street, City) - Jump off at the North Port stop.
http://tt.ptv.vic.gov.au/tt/TTB/20130828-130826/vic/03109A_ttb_TP.pdf

Bus Timetable (232 - North Altona to City, via Millers Road, Westgate Freeway and Port Melbourne)
http://tt.ptv.vic.gov.au/tt/TTB/20130828-130826/vic/04232_ttb_TP.pdf

First Bounce is at 2.10pm

Entry: Adults $15, Conc $10, Kids 12 and Under FREE.

Yes, shame indeed mate. Krak is the X factor that we lack in our team, would love for him to be fit and firing for the AFL finals but it looks unlikely.
Anyway, you wish him all the best from the army and hoping that he can get another year out of himself before hanging the boots.

I certainly will mate. Thanks for your support as well as everyone on here for their support. As for next year, I don't know, and there was an article last week and it said that Krak and his manager were waiting to speak to Collingwood in regards to next season. Not sure if talks have begun or not. I guess all of will have to wait and see. The article also said that Krak being picked for Australia might reignite his footy career but I wouldn't think Collingwood would take the International Rules Series into consideration when deciding if a player should get another contract or not? The International Rules Series is a different altogether.

Spot on ;)

Actually, last year the VFL looked at the possibility of playing it's finals at Victoria Park.

Unfortunately the Yarra City Council who own the ground were too greedy/demanding and the VFL ended up sticking with the status quo (except for the Semis which went out to Casey Fields).

Heard the Yarra Council are real Pricks about Vic Park:mad:

Do club members get a discount, or doesn't that count for finals?o_O

Short preview off the VFL site;

http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?client=0-118-0-0-0&&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=25276793

TWO of Victoria’s oldest football clubs – Collingwood and Port Melbourne - will square off for its VFL finals encounter in a cut-throat Elimination Final.
Collingwood, the competition’s big improver in 2013, lock horns with Port Melbourne, which contests its sixth successive finals under Gary Ayres.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nope. During the finals, everyone pays normal price*

*Except tonight at Simmonds Stadium where cats fans get a discount - don't ask me how they got that!

Then why do they have Concession at $10 and not $15?

I certainly will mate. Thanks for your support as well as everyone on here for their support. As for next year, I don't know, and there was an article last week and it said that Krak and his manager were waiting to speak to Collingwood in regards to next season. Not sure if talks have begun or not. I guess all of will have to wait and see. The article also said that Krak being picked for Australia might reignite his footy career but I wouldn't think Collingwood would take the International Rules Series into consideration when deciding if a player should get another contract or not? The International Rules Series is a different altogether.
I hope he gets another 1 year deal....the only concern I have, if Bucks has him in his mind to be part of the seniors or not.
He has not played senior footy for 6 weeks now....Bucks is going for youth.
The club could also be worried about his overall commitment to footy & Collingwood.
We all loved how he battled to come back from the ACL & play finals last year.....then something happened over the summer & he wasn't ready to go at the start of the year.
It may get down to how many players retire or are moved on.......& how many places remain, similar to McCaff 2 years back, when Leon's surprise departure allowed the club to retain/meet his salary expectations.
If places on the list are tight....them Martin, Dwyer etc will get the nod ahead of him.
I guess we will not know until Oct/Nov.

I hope he gets another 1 year deal....the only concern I have, if Bucks has him in his mind to be part of the seniors or not.
He has not played senior footy for 6 weeks now....Bucks is going for youth.
The club could also be worried about his overall commitment to footy & Collingwood.
We all loved how he battled to come back from the ACL & play finals last year.....then something happened over the summer & he wasn't ready to go at the start of the year.
It may get down to how many players retire or are moved on.......& how many places remain, similar to McCaff 2 years back, when Leon's surprise departure allowed the club to retain/meet his salary expectations.
If places on the list are tight....them Martin, Dwyer etc will get the nod ahead of him.
I guess we will not know until Oct/Nov.
Dwyer had already signed a 2 year deal so he's a certainty to be elevated to the senior list at years end.

Interesting what we do with the rookies this year with Martin, Oxley, Frost and Mooney all showing a capability to play AFL.

A location map for North Port Oval (formerly TEAC Oval), Port Melbourne.

239359_1_L.jpg

Tram Timetable (109 - Box Hill to Port Melbourne via Collins Street, City) - Jump off at the North Port stop.
http://tt.ptv.vic.gov.au/tt/TTB/20130828-130826/vic/03109A_ttb_TP.pdf

Bus Timetable (232 - North Altona to City, via Millers Road, Westgate Freeway and Port Melbourne)
http://tt.ptv.vic.gov.au/tt/TTB/20130828-130826/vic/04232_ttb_TP.pdf

Thanks for Info. Where do I go out at Spencer Street Station?

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds SATURDAY, AUGUST 31 Elimination Final – Pies v Port Melb (replay now up on ABC iView)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back