2nds SATURDAY, AUGUST 31 Elimination Final – Pies v Port Melb (replay now up on ABC iView)

Remove this Banner Ad

Just got home, disappointing way to end what was a much improved VFL season by our reserves.

Almost certain that the home ground advantage cost us the win, but that's another argument all together.

Out of that team there's not a lot putting pressure on for senior spots though, with Jolly looking like he's playing out the year (might be over now) and Witts and Paine plain ordinary.

Broomhead, Ramsay, Young, Frost, Oxley and Hudson should be in the finals training squad we could just about tell the rest their season is over.

One thing, we need to buy some better top up players next year, we have millions to spend, buy some good state level players even if they are from interstate.

Having all TV Finals Games makes the VFL Final's a Joke

My Thoughts:

• Umps are Bloody Cheats
  • Our Ball Use was Terrible
  • Martin is very Overrated on this Board
  • We where too Top Heavy today
  • Paine will not get any Better
  • Jolly is Finshed
  • Like Frost Game
  • Kelly Showed a Bit again

My Thoughts:

• Umps are Bloody Cheats
  • Jolly is Finshed
  • Like Frost Game

Why do you say Martin is overrated here?

Most people don't really rate him that highly, just think he has earned to play a few more AFL games than he did

I don't think Martin is overrated at all.

Will become a gun once he learns how to shake off a tag.

What number was Kelly?

71?

My Thoughts:

• Umps are Bloody Cheats
  • Jolly is Finshed
  • Like Frost Game
Martin is so overrated he's been tagged the past 6 weeks

Learning how to shake off a tag isn't going to help him in the AFL

He is already a VFL gun.

Kelly was 71 i think

Either way, he's not overrated because if he goes to the AFL and is not tagged we know he can rip games to pieces. Well, at least at VFL level.

And good. I did make a mental note of 71 in the first quarter, but lost track of him for the rest of the game.

Why do you say Martin is overrated here?

Most people don't really rate him that highly, just think he has earned to play a few more AFL games than he did

Big Game and I thought he was Easily Tagged out of the Game.

Krakouer can stay where he is

Either way, he's not overrated because if he goes to the AFL and is not tagged we know he can rip games to pieces. Well, at least at VFL level.

And good. I did make a mental note of 71 in the first quarter, but lost track of him for the rest of the game.

Kelly was in #72.

#71 was Jackson Heagney-Steart.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay, I remember 72. He scrubbed a kick in the 3rd quarter but remember in the 4th he was handling two Port Melbourne players off the ball.

I agree. First quarter when we needed to win clearances, and hard ball I didn't think anyone in the midfield stood up.

He needs to be able to handle a hard tag. But that's also a team thing showing the ability to give him a chop out.

We got Flogged in the Clearances all game long

First time since I can remember that I thought the scumps (ode to TradeDraft ) were cheats. In particular, that absoulute ********er ****ing cheating campaigner #4 umpire. His 50 metre penalty against Hudson in the second quarter was ****ing putrid. :mad: Then his free against Hudson in the last quarter for a dangerous tackle was beyond belief! :mad:o_O Game was still in the balance after the fourth quarter free (although we probably don't win to be fair) and Port kicked a goal about one minute later.

I will be amazed if Paine isn't delisted at the end of the year. Simply nowhere near good enough and doesn't impact the game anywhere near where he should as a key forward. I though Kyle Martin was one of our best players, contrary to what someone said earlier. Heavily tagged and still had a huge impact on the match. Yagmoor was one of our better players too, surprisingly.

Jolly is gone, sadly. Although I hope he plays next year as backup for Grundy and Witts.

Pies had their fair share of the ball but wasted it and turned it over countless times.

Such a frustrating match to watch on tv, not least because of messers Rhys-Jones, Cleary and Donegan. Time and time again those fksticks showed their bias against the Pies as well as absolute ****ing joy when Port kicked a goal.

Anyway, enough ranting for now, bring on the dead rubber against the Roos tomorrow. I hope we dead set annihilate them and take some momentum into the finals. :thumbsu:

First time since I can remember that I thought the scumps (ode to TradeDraft ) were cheats. In particular, that absoulute Al Swearengen ******* cheating silly #4 umpire. His 50 metre penalty against Hudson in the second quarter was ******* putrid. :mad: Then his free against Hudson in the last quarter for a dangerous tackle was beyond belief! :mad:o_O Game was still in the balance after the fourth quarter free (although we probably don't win to be fair) and Port kicked a goal about one minute later.

I will be amazed if Paine isn't delisted at the end of the year. Simply nowhere near good enough and doesn't impact the game anywhere near where he should as a key forward. I though Kyle Martin was one of our best players, contrary to what someone said earlier. Heavily tagged and still had a huge impact on the match. Yagmoor was one of our better players too, surprisingly.

Jolly is gone, sadly. Although I hope he plays next year as backup for Grundy and Witts.

Pies had their fair share of the ball but wasted it and turned it over countless times.

Such a frustrating match to watch on tv, not least because of messers Rhys-Jones, Cleary and Donegan. Time and time again those fksticks showed their bias against the Pies as well as absolute ******* joy when Port kicked a goal.

Anyway, enough ranting for now, bring on the dead rubber against the Roos tomorrow. I hope we dead set annihilate them and take some momentum into the finals. :thumbsu:

Agree Paine Influence on Games are not very Much.

Donegen is a Pies Supporter but they mostly Support Orginal VFL Teams and Not AFL Reserve Sides

The problem with Paine is that he is not a forward you structure a forwardline around. Plays much better as the 2nd or 3rd tall.

First time since I can remember that I thought the scumps (ode to TradeDraft ) were cheats. In particular, that absoulute Al Swearengen ******* cheating silly #4 umpire. His 50 metre penalty against Hudson in the second quarter was ******* putrid. :mad: Then his free against Hudson in the last quarter for a dangerous tackle was beyond belief! :mad:o_O Game was still in the balance after the fourth quarter free (although we probably don't win to be fair) and Port kicked a goal about one minute later.

Such a frustrating match to watch on tv, not least because of messers Rhys-Jones, Cleary and Donegan. Time and time again those fksticks showed their bias against the Pies as well as absolute ******* joy when Port kicked a goal.

Donegan is one of us, nothing but praise for his commentary from me, both as a general rule and today.

Darren Boyd, the guy next to him, is a Roos supporter who once said his favourite memory of Paul Licuria was THAT photograph with Malthouse after the 2002 Grand Final. Knob. :mad:

As for Rhys-Jones and Cleary, they're Bluebaggers, they love seeing us lose. Screw them.

Paine is very disappointing. He is not a one grab player and fumbles too much. His second efforts were being praised by the commentators when he should not have needed another effort if he had been decisive in the first place.
What happened to Broomhead? He hardly touched the ball in the first half (I was on the road in the 2nd half). He has been quiet for several weeks. He looks small and light.
Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds SATURDAY, AUGUST 31 Elimination Final – Pies v Port Melb (replay now up on ABC iView)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back