2nds SATURDAY, AUGUST 31 Elimination Final – Pies v Port Melb (replay now up on ABC iView)

Remove this Banner Ad

Broomhead was unsighted really but he was nowhere near on his pat malone. I'm prepared to put 2013 down as a development year for Broomhead. Hopefully after a good preseason he improves out of sight to join Grundy and Kennedy in the seniors in 2014.

Paine fumbled and fumbled today on most occasions, so I completely agree with you TGG. I agree with TheFreshBanana that he is not the type of player that's suited to build a forwardline around. He is, at best, suited to a third marking option. Even then I doubt he will make it in AFL, let alone VFL.

Good to see those stats.

I certainly noticed him today.

Him and Rammer Jammer (my nickname for Ramsay) have been steadily progressing this year, I am quite happy with how they went in 2013. Especially Broomhead, considering his glandular fever.

I think we have a real player in Broomhead, might take a little while for him to gain some momentum but he definitely has the skillset there.

It's never a good time to have injuries especially in finals.

With all of Ball, Elliott, Sinkers, Krak out for possibly just the one week and Russell held over for seniors it made a mess of the team structure and running power.
Sundberg would also have made a difference in this area.

Shite happens I guess, left to wonder what might have been.

He had 13 touches in the first half and finished the day with 25. Highest touches for the side at half time was Hellier and Martin on 16 then Broomhead on 13.... so if he hardly touched it i guess the rest of the side didn't touch it at all...
Also
Had 27 last week against Werribe
Had 22 week before against Sandringham
quiet for several weeks?? interesting perceptions...
Yep, on TV Broomhead looked ok.
He has got some pace and tried very hard all day
Maybe it looked differently at the ground

He had 13 touches in the first half and finished the day with 25. Highest touches for the side at half time was Hellier and Martin on 16 then Broomhead on 13.... so if he hardly touched it i guess the rest of the side didn't touch it at all...
Also

I guess in this case with Broomhead, he didn't appear to influence the game that much in my opinion. I certainly didn't think he was terrible, I just suppose unsighted is probably the wrong way to describe his game. As for his other games against Werribee and Sandringham, I didn't see those so I can't comment.

I do think he has a bright future at the Pies. As I said previously, a good preseason under his belt, no illness and he should come along nicely in 2014.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Paine fumbles way too much and I don't think will ever make it.

The fact he's up there in the top goal kickers in the VFL means we could probably straight swap him for Karnezis (Bris) or Michie (Freo).

Also
I only got to see the first half on TV. I could see Broomhead was playing in the midfield. I am surprised he got so many possessions because I can only once recall him touching the ball. Some players collect possessions inconspicuously. Good to hear that he contributed.

I only got to see the first half on TV. I could see Broomhead was playing in the midfield. I am surprised he got so many possessions because I can only once recall him touching the ball. Some players collect possessions inconspicuously. Good to hear that he contributed.
Not in any way saying that he's another Penders but he seems to be able to collect possies without any undue fuss, always a signature of a well centred and focussed player.

Good signs but needs a full pre-season.

Paine fumbles way too much and I don't think will ever make it.

The fact he's up there in the top goal kickers in the VFL means we could probably straight swap him for Karnezis (Bris) or Michie (Freo).

Errrr

The face that he's up there in the top goal kickers in the VFL means he can make it.

First time since I can remember that I thought the scumps (ode to TradeDraft ) were cheats. In particular, that absoulute Al Swearengen ******* cheating silly #4 umpire. His 50 metre penalty against Hudson in the second quarter was ******* putrid. :mad: Then his free against Hudson in the last quarter for a dangerous tackle was beyond belief! :mad:o_O Game was still in the balance after the fourth quarter free (although we probably don't win to be fair) and Port kicked a goal about one minute later.

I will be amazed if Paine isn't delisted at the end of the year. Simply nowhere near good enough and doesn't impact the game anywhere near where he should as a key forward. I though Kyle Martin was one of our best players, contrary to what someone said earlier. Heavily tagged and still had a huge impact on the match. Yagmoor was one of our better players too, surprisingly.

Jolly is gone, sadly. Although I hope he plays next year as backup for Grundy and Witts.

Pies had their fair share of the ball but wasted it and turned it over countless times.

Such a frustrating match to watch on tv, not least because of messers Rhys-Jones, Cleary and Donegan. Time and time again those fksticks showed their bias against the Pies as well as absolute ******* joy when Port kicked a goal.

Anyway, enough ranting for now, bring on the dead rubber against the Roos tomorrow. I hope we dead set annihilate them and take some momentum into the finals. :thumbsu:

Fine work!!!:thumbsu::thumbsu::D

Such a frustrating match to watch on tv, not least because of messers Rhys-Jones, Cleary and Donegan. Time and time again those fksticks showed their bias against the Pies as well as absolute ******* joy when Port kicked a goal.
Donegan is very much black and white blooded.

Mooney gets chased down by people not nearly as fast as him... what does this prove?

Dangerfield gets caught by people regularly as well, 1 incident hardly says anything about pace
lol.

Donegan is one of us, nothing but praise for his commentary from me, both as a general rule and today.

Darren Boyd, the guy next to him, is a Roos supporter who once said his favourite memory of Paul Licuria was THAT photograph with Malthouse after the 2002 Grand Final. Knob. :mad:

As for Rhys-Jones and Cleary, they're Bluebaggers, they love seeing us lose. Screw them.

Media types generally love Port - remember the orgy of praise over Port and Ayres when they last won the flag ?

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds SATURDAY, AUGUST 31 Elimination Final – Pies v Port Melb (replay now up on ABC iView)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back