SC Midfielders Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 2011 SC Midfielders Discussion Thread

I'll either have Bartel or Burgyone as my last premium mid. Which one so you reckon?

Or should I just get over it and replace Sewell with someone like Varcoe or O'Keefe? I could also downgrade somewhere else and just afford Pav...

Thoughts?[/quote]

Varcoe coming off shoulder surgery?? Prob not ready for round 1

So will Gibbs be a back/mid? Cos although he played in the backline a lot last year I doubt he will this year. Would be a very handy pick if he could go in the backline

Mitchell Wallis topped the NAB championships and the TAC last year in terms of SuperCoach averages. Will he be able to crack the Bulldogs' midfield this season?

Mitchell Wallis topped the NAB championships and the TAC last year in terms of SuperCoach averages. Will he be able to crack the Bulldogs' midfield this season?

He should play 10-18 games. Where did you get those stats from?

Sorry for asking but where are you getting the prices for the players?

Sorry for asking but where are you getting the prices for the players?
The Fanfooty Fanplanner. However until SC opens no one is going to know the exact prices for every player. But the Fanplanner I would imagine will be pretty accurate

mclean around 200 k surely hes over injuries and ready to play some footy??

I will be going with the Impromptu Midfield this season.With the Gold Coast coming in with alot of rookies getting games and the extra bench room there is alot of merit in it.

So i will have Pendles and the rest of the mids being rookies.

+1..........and no Ablett effect..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want to see a 9-rookie midfield.

Challenge accepted :D

Rookiemid.jpg

For those who are interested, Hamish Hartlett has reported that the docs said it was the smallest hamstring strain they had ever seen and he will be back to full running on Friday. He's definitely a HUGE risk with how injury prone he is, but at his price ($297,400)... if he does stay fit and healthy is an absolute steal.

I'm taking the risk against all my better judgement!

Anyone interested in Kerr at $289k?

Will he play round 1?
Not sure if he will play, i would think he is a good chance though. Always tempting to get Kerr, if he plays the majority of the season $289k is a bargain, but the problem will be getting him on the park consistently, very injury prone as well as the fact he is always on the review panal radar.

Having issues with my last place on my midfeild bench, i have 131,300 in the bank to spend. I'm looking at Savage, Curnow or Wallis...already have 4 hawks in my side (Pupuolo, I. Smith, Bailey and Buddy) so i don't really wanna pick up Savage but he's now got a couple of seasons under his belt and could do well...Curnow won box hills best and fairest and could have a Barlow type year at the Blues...or Wallis who will be a better footballer than both in the future but will he play or have the body to hold his own agaist the big boys.

Any other suggestions would be awesome.

Cheers

PS I already have Mzungu as a forward...

Having issues with my last place on my midfeild bench, i have 131,300 in the bank to spend. I'm looking at Savage, Curnow or Wallis...already have 4 hawks in my side (Pupuolo, I. Smith, Bailey and Buddy) so i don't really wanna pick up Savage but he's now got a couple of seasons under his belt and could do well...Curnow won box hills best and fairest and could have a Barlow type year at the Blues...or Wallis who will be a better footballer than both in the future but will he play or have the body to hold his own agaist the big boys.

Cheers

I think we're all a bit in the dark as to who to pick for the rookies. No one really knows until the Round 1 teams are announced.

Liam Anthony at 362, 900 is a great pick imo. Though he is more of a DT'er, he should still do well.

Cheers

He also broke his leg in the middle of last season - I know nothing of his progress at the moment but unless he is in the team for Round 1, I wouldn't be considering him in your starting side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back