SC Midfielders Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 2011 SC Midfielders Discussion Thread

Thoughts on Callan Ward? Only played 7 games last season due to injury but has shown a fair bit. Looks OK at $274,600

Thoughts on Callan Ward? Only played 7 games last season due to injury but has shown a fair bit. Looks OK at $274,600
IMO opinion what Spud said above in reference to Cotchin applies here.

274k is such an awkward price for a midfielder. At that price I think I be wanting him to almost turn into a keeper otherwise i'd be saving the cash and picking a rookie instead.

He is definately good value, I just think there is better value in picking a rookie mid.

Scully is higher risk but the reward could also be higher. He will be the Gary Ablett of supercoach one day - I just dont have the courage to predict it will be in his second year. I havnt picked him.

Tom will be starting in my side this year, will have a huge season the new rotation rules are made for him, kid has the biggest tank in the league! Will will average 25+ possies this year.

Any thoughts on joel corey?

Priced at 427k due to his injury plagued 2010, but capable of 100-110 ave. when fit.

Even more opportunity now GAJ has gone? Or just a good link man in a very strong side being fed plenty of ball which will now possibly deminish with a weaker geelong side?

He is definitely on my radar. I have 4 premiums in my midfield at the moment being Swan, Boyd, Montagna and Bartel and the thought has crossed my mind of downgrading Boyd or Bartel to a player like Cotchin to use the cash elsewhere.

Not sure if he can manage the same avg's Boyd and Bartel get, but if he can push up to 90+ or so....

I think he has the potential to do it.

Doesn't fit into my 3 premium-6 rookie strategy.

Otherwise, he'd be in* :)

*maybe

I'm tossing up between the 3 premium strategy, or 3 premiums + cotchin. I really want Cotchin in, I think he'll have a great year with a pre-season behind him, but i'm leaning towards the 3 premium strategy.

Any thoughts on joel corey?

Priced at 427k due to his injury plagued 2010, but capable of 100-110 ave. when fit.

Even more opportunity now GAJ has gone? Or just a good link man in a very strong side being fed plenty of ball which will now possibly deminish with a weaker geelong side?

I have also had a long hard think on Corey, I came to the conclusion he is far to much of an injury risk and for an extra 70k would rather secure the services of Bartel who is certain to see a lot more midfield time with GAJ gone.

Get on Andrew Krakouer. Dominating preseason & went h2h with Swan today & came out on top.

I have also had a long hard think on Corey, I came to the conclusion he is far to much of an injury risk and for an extra 70k would rather secure the services of Bartel who is certain to see a lot more midfield time with GAJ gone.

cheers jim

What do yous think of Kieren Jack? Would you rather him or Trent Cotchin?
And how about S.Atley as a bench player?

Get on Andrew Krakouer. Dominating preseason & went h2h with Swan today & came out on top.

4 goals playing in the mifield and bog. Going to make alot of people alot of money. He was in my team before this now it has made it a no brainer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jarrad Brennan is a steal at that price!

Players around that mark will average around 75 - 80, he averaged 90 + last year did he not?

Yeah but he is highly injury prone and can be pretty inconsistent, I would be staying away from him personally.

What are you guys thoughts on these guys and how there going if you know

David Zaharakis ($337,900)
Liam Anthony ($362,900)
Ben Howlett ($363,300)
Nathan Foley ($364,000)
Jason Gram ($376,800)
Leroy Jetta ($378,700) rekon hes set for a big year, may be biased, just a feeling
Trent Cochin(384,100)
One of the two bombers i can chuck in the forward line, if i rekon there worth it, and the others are fighting over a mid spot.

What are you guys thoughts on these guys and how there going if you know

David Zaharakis ($337,900)
Liam Anthony ($362,900)
Ben Howlett ($363,300)
Nathan Foley ($364,000)
Jason Gram ($376,800)
Leroy Jetta ($378,700) rekon hes set for a big year, may be biased, just a feeling
Trent Cochin(384,100)
One of the two bombers i can chuck in the forward line, if i rekon there worth it, and the others are fighting over a mid spot.

from a north point of view, Liam Anthony is a good pickup and is in my team, is relatively cheap, and will definitely increase in price. get's alot of the ball and uses it pretty well. :thumbsu:

Who would you suggest out of L.Hodge, N.Dal Santo and L.Montagna?

Hodge.

Don't understand the lack of love for Hodge since he lost his B/C position.
He averaged more than Montagna last year and played 21 games.
If Goddard was listed as a MID only would we all pick him.........you bet.

Hodge.

This is pretty much what I was thinking...

Big factor is Hodge was awfully popular last year from get the get go because of his starting price of 485k. Everyone expected him to more than produce / deliver at that price and my word he did! + being a MPP did help his cause.

Hodge is a extreme spanner this year. I think people may just be weary as to what exactly his role will be with the inclusion of Bruce and having a fit Mitchell and Burgoyne in side.

Alot of SCers have their Montagna, Swan and Judd etc etc goggles on (including myself). Guess the NAB will give the answers. Could be a flock of SCers all of a sudden trying to squeeze Hodge into SC side if he pumps out a few 100's in the pre season.

Hodge.

Don't get me wrong, i love hodge. He is a gun, just thought he might get tagged a bit this year. But like i said, i love him. Hence why i found room for Hodge and Joey :)

Don't get me wrong, i love hodge. He is a gun, just thought he might get tagged a bit this year. But like i said, i love him. Hence why i found room for Hodge and Joey :)

Yeah - Hodge got tagged more as the season went on and his scores dropped quite markedly ... of course towards the end of the season he was also slightly injured so maybe this has some bearing on it, but it does add to his uncertainty (as does the fact that his year to year S/C average for a Premium Mid is too inconsistent and also that he is not even certain to play as much Midfield time this year with many of those mids who were injured/out of form for Hawthorn early last year now in peak form - and with none of them, other than Cameron Bruce maybe, able to perform Hodge's 3rd man up in defence role anywhere near as well as he can).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back