SC Midfielders Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 2011 SC Midfielders Discussion Thread

Kieran Jack. Any thoughts? I am thinking he may be used in a tagging role with Kirk gone? Any whispers?

Kieran Jack. Any thoughts? I am thinking he may be used in a tagging role with Kirk gone? Any whispers?

Jack has been on my short list right after the end of last season. Good point with Kirk gone, who knows? No whispers yet...

Any opinions on the number of rookies for the midfield?

I'm running a 5 premium/4 rookie midfield, but I was considering dropping it to 4 and going the extra rookie, allowing me to get a 4th quality defender.

Also don't have Krak in the team yet, so that's who I'd downgrade to.

Hey guys been looking at heaps of Supercoach teams for the Upcoming season. Loving the fact its footy season of as Friday!!!! Here is my team anyways any feedback more then welcome.

Backs B.Goddard, B.Gibbs, Lids,C.Enright, Gilbee, B Retzlaff, T Jonas, M Shaw, Poupolo M Hibberd

Centres Hodge Watson Didak Hayes Scully Gaff Conca Mzungu Weller

Rucks Warnock Fraser Lobbe Bailey

Forwards N Reidwoldt Franklin O keefe Pav Kraks C Richardson Prestia Howe Callinan Mcgovern

Very rough draft NAB watching them all!

$325 000 left over so have plenty of upgrading etc to do.

Hey guys been looking at heaps of Supercoach teams for the Upcoming season. Loving the fact its footy season of as Friday!!!! Here is my team anyways any feedback more then welcome.

Backs B.Goddard, B.Gibbs, Lids,C.Enright, Gilbee, B Retzlaff, T Jonas, M Shaw, Poupolo M Hibberd

Centres Hodge Watson Didak Hayes Scully Gaff Conca Mzungu Weller

Rucks Warnock Fraser Lobbe Bailey

Forwards N Reidwoldt Franklin O keefe Pav Kraks C Richardson Prestia Howe Callinan Mcgovern

Very rough draft NAB watching them all!

$325 000 left over so have plenty of upgrading etc to do.
Wrong thread buddy... You're after "Rate my team" I reckon. :thumbsu:

i dont think he'll be used as a tagger this season. he was utillised in an attacking role in parts of last season and did very well. i think Nick Smith will get our tagging duties freeing up Jack, but we'll wait and see come NAB Cup

i dont think he'll be used as a tagger this season. he was utillised in an attacking role in parts of last season and did very well. i think Nick Smith will get our tagging duties freeing up Jack, but we'll wait and see come NAB Cup
Yep I'm with you Ed, I'd even expect to see RoK tagging (he did a great job on Hodge last year from memory) more-so than Jack this year but we will see I suppose.

I'm running a 5 premium/4 rookie midfield, but I was considering dropping it to 4 and going the extra rookie, allowing me to get a 4th quality defender.

4 premiums, 2 rookies on the field and 3 on the bench is the way to go this year I think. Simply too many good options (Swallow, Gaff, Polec, Conca, Harris, Heppell) not to do this.

I'm going with 3 premiums in the midfield. I'm confident in the young guys with Harris and Krak as well.

Me and my mate are arguing over who is the better pickup, Scully or Foley, both around 350 000. i personally would easily go foley over scully.
Am i right ?
Thoughts please. :)

Me and my mate are arguing over who is the better pickup, Scully or Foley, both around 350 000. i personally would easily go foley over scully.
Am i right ?

Yes, you are right ... this year at least (Scully will be better eventually, but this will be the typically difficult 2nd year for him). The only thing against Foley is that he will be more of an injury concern than Scully.

Am i right ?
Great argument. If you take the greater chance of injury out of it Foley would be my pick but Scully has tremendous upside, more so than Foley in my opinion... Very tough. Both as good as each other for different reasons too (e.g. their teams, coaches, Teammates etc).

Too much risk for mostly moderate rewards for 2nd year players, examples just from last season include Rich, Hill, Ziebell and Dangerfield. Better off going with a proven high scorer in Foley rather than a 2nd year player who will in all probability not improve particularly much this season, SC wise anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shuey, L @ $323,300 - my mid range pick for this season - even with a broken finger atm, will figure prominently in an emerging Eagles midfield (with Gaff on the bench)

In DT I've gone for a value pick in Rhys Palmer, for SuperCoach I've gone with Dan Hannebery - what are some thoughts on this bloke? I reckon he'll increase his average just enough to become a solid keeper as a 6th midfielder

Usually I wouldn't go for a second year player around the $350,000 bracket, but i'm going to go for Scully as i'm quietly confident he will be able able to average 100+

Usually I wouldn't go for a second year player around the $350,000 bracket, but i'm going to go for Scully as i'm quietly confident he will be able able to average 100+

Usually I wouldn't either ... but that's just a general rule ... I broke that rule for Joel Selwood in his 2nd year as I thought he was quality and was VERY glad I did !! :)

Who is leaving Swan alone this year? With the new interchange rules I don't see him being close to the SC he was last year. I think his average will drop about 20 points because he was very much a system player due to his high rotation amounts.

As much of a risk as Ablett this season in my opinion.

Who is leaving Swan alone this year? With the new interchange rules I don't see him being close to the SC he was last year. I think his average will drop about 20 points because he was very much a system player due to his high rotation amounts.

That is something I have certainly considered - but it would be such a big call to leave him out.

Considering he is super fit and never injured.. yeah leave him out lol.. You make a good point, but I reckon he will avg the same at the very minimum.

Or the game is slowed down a little and he doesn't have to be rotated as much.

I've got Pendles over Swan, and intend to trade up to Ablett during the season depending on how he goes.
Sometimes you have to gamble on being unique.

The issue with Swan is that if you don't have him at the start of the year you are probably going to have to wait at least until round 14 before trading him in.

(Pies have the bye in Rd 7 and 13 - Two byes in the peak upgrading season)

Hard decision here guys, need help....
Bacher Houli (now at Richmond) $324,000
Brock mcLean (sources say has burned the track down in pre-season) $311,000

Cheers guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back