Scott Morrison - How Long? Part 5 - The stroll out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

we got these because 2035 was too long to wait for the war with china, yet they will be delivered in 2040

how the fu** does 2040 help us with a war well before then?
Might as well disband the defence force, get some lobbers and beers and party on

Di......di....did....dutton just whine about " BULLIES " ???
Literally 24hrs after we ****en toucjed our toes and coughed for THE BIGGEST BULLY OF THE LOT ????

Does this dumb #### think we're not paying attention ??

Opposing the Chinese trade deal was racist, we were told at the time.
Chinese govt at the time was very different and heading in a positive direction. it is only since Xi took over that the CCP has regressed to a barbaric aggressive dictatorship that has thrown human rights and international law out the window killing its own people at rates not seen since the days of Mao the pedophile and stealing territory off its neighbours.

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Chinese govt at the time was very different and heading in a positive direction. it is only since Xi took over that the CCP has regressed to a barbaric aggressive dictatorship that has thrown human rights and international law out the window killing its own people at rates not seen since the days of Mao the pedophile and stealing territory off its neighbours.

Xi took over in 2012, we signed the FTA at the end of 2015.

Might as well disband the defence force, get some lobbers and beers and party on

im not saying buy nothing. im saying if we cancelled for an imminent war need (because 2035 was too far away), how is five years longer a win?

Xi took over in 2012, we signed the FTA at the end of 2015.
Xi only gained full power in 2016 although history reflects he was eliminating internal rivals not long after his initial elevation in 2012. Since then he has turned the CCP leadership into his own cult and thrown out what little vestiges of democracy and free speech they had undoing years of progress. In particular he has an aggressive campaign against his peaceful neighbours since 2016.

Xi only gained full power in 2016 although history reflects he was eliminating internal rivals not long after his initial elevation in 2012. Since then he has turned the CCP leadership into his own cult and thrown out what little vestiges of democracy and free speech they had undoing years of progress. In particular he has an aggressive campaign against his peaceful neighbours since 2016.

Yeah, and now we are selling them Iron ore with a whopping 50% discount compared to a month ago.

Does that sound like a war footing to you? Is that how you should treat the big bad enemy, with a discount?

So do we regard it as an intelligence failure (again) that we signed the fta because if you knew what was happening I would have hoped ASIO did too and was advising appropriately, or, and this is my more likely when offered the chance of making a quick quid for it's backers, the Abbott government abandoned any principles and just signed the damn thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

or perhaps noting that there was accountability?

or are you stating that Orkopolous’ behaviour should have attracted less consequence?

geez you lot are confused on ideas of basic logic and critical thought.

Simply that it is gross stupidity to suggest one side of politics is perfect, its the other mob.
All the foibles of today are reflected across the whole community.
Its not basic logic or critical thought, see the post I replied to for the context.

It applies to corruption too, that is flung about as if its limited to one side of politics.

Di......di....did....dutton just whine about " BULLIES " ???
Literally 24hrs after we fu**en toucjed our toes and coughed for THE BIGGEST BULLY OF THE LOT ????

Does this dumb #### think we're not paying attention ??
China's initial response was kinda muted, yet Dutton is out today describing it as an 'outburst' and 'embarrassing'. They are stoking a conflict with China for political gain, which is about as dangerous as it gets. This is not a well thought out defensive strategy, it's an appeal for votes. And all it's done is piss off China, France, potentially the EU and aligned with a diminishing power.

Simply that it is gross stupidity to suggest one side of politics is perfect, its the other mob.
All the foibles of today are reflected across the whole community.
Its not basic logic or critical thought, see the post I replied to for the context.

It applies to corruption too, that is flung about as if its limited to one side of politics.

So what you are saying is there are bad people on both sides, but you'll only defend the bad ones on your side?

im not saying buy nothing. im saying if we cancelled for an imminent war need (because 2035 was too far away), how is five years longer a win?
We have a pretty good current fleet - they can be modernised to last a few years longer

The big difference between a conventional fleet and a nuclear fleet is that a conventional fleet will only operate out of a certain area. They cant go fast - any transit they make - such as to attack you from a different side (or a resupply fleet heading from a home port) takes a lot of time and resources to set up. If the fleets has past it - its not catching up.

As a result, an invading fleet just doesnt have to cover the same sort of area that it does with nuc boats - that can rapidly go the long way at high speed to get around to a different point and threaten, sink or damage then slip away and motor off up ahead and do it again.

Yeah, and now we are selling them Iron ore with a whopping 50% discount compared to a month ago.

Does that sound like a war footing to you? Is that how you should treat the big bad enemy, with a discount?
Germanys biggest trading partner was france before ww2 - before operation barbarossa it was russia.

We do all realise that the reason the French subs were delayed was because they were contracted by the LNP government to modify the nuclear submarine to be a diesel electric submarine. If it was all about getting a nuclear submarine then it would have been much cheaper and faster to stay with the French nuclear submarine.

We have a pretty good current fleet - they can be modernised to last a few years longer

The big difference between a conventional fleet and a nuclear fleet is that a conventional fleet will only operate out of a certain area. They cant go fast - any transit they make - such as to attack you from a different side (or a resupply fleet heading from a home port) takes a lot of time and resources to set up. If the fleets has past it - its not catching up.

As a result, an invading fleet just doesnt have to cover the same sort of area that it does with nuc boats - that can rapidly go the long way at high speed to get around to a different point and threaten, sink or damage then slip away and motor off up ahead and do it again.

Thats not why we cancelled. We cancelled because the french subs wouldnt be ready for our war with china.

my point is, the reasoning is bullshit. Dutton just wasted $2.4b because he wants a cooler toy

Thats not why we cancelled. We cancelled because the french subs wouldnt be ready for our war with china.

my point is, the reasoning is bullshit. Dutton just wasted $2.4b because he wants a cooler toy
If you are waiting for me to disagree that the urgent timing of this immediate agreement is a distraction for political gain well dont hold your breath.

Of course it is.

Doesnt mean im not in favour of it though - doesnt mean i cant still hate potato head and hair plugs.

Just means i finally have a policy i like - our best defence is being an island - its also our biggest weakness.

The germans showed that the best way to fight a country with an overwhelmingly strong naval advantage is by using submarines.

Brainwave re subs
We dont actually need real subs
We just need to bluff everyone into believing they exist
If they can't find them, that means the sub technology is really good
we will fake paying money but actually pocket it

lets face it 8 subs is not going to make any forking difference in a shooting war. Outside of shooting war, what is the role of submarine anyway?

Brainwave re subs
We dont actually need real subs
We just need to bluff everyone into believing they exist
If they can't find them, that means the sub technology is really good
we will fake paying money but actually pocket it

lets face it 8 subs is not going to make any forking difference in a shooting war. Outside of shooting war, what is the role of submarine anyway?
Making that cool “doot” sound that only movie submarines make!!!

Its like the machine that goes ping!!!!

If you are waiting for me to disagree that the urgent timing of this immediate agreement is a distraction for political gain well dont hold your breath.

Of course it is.

Doesnt mean im not in favour of it though - doesnt mean i cant still hate potato head and hair plugs.

Just means i finally have a policy i like - our best defence is being an island - its also our biggest weakness.

The germans showed that the best way to fight a country with an overwhelmingly strong naval advantage is by using submarines.
If the Germans had nuclear bombs we would all be speaking german and japanese right now... if we were alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back