Event Season 32 Mobbenfuhrer Medal Count - Congratulations TheInjuryFactory!

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 1293150
Every season, the EKA Medal is awarded to the rookie player whom the Committee representatives vote to be the best performed poster amongst that seasons class. The EKA is named after former administrator from seasons 2-4 EaglesKickAss, and has been awarded since Season 8. Some of the best Qootiers of all time have won this award, including The Half Back, pantskyle, brahj, Wosh and Elton Johns Wig, all of whom went on to bigger and better things.

We had a vibrant and active rookie class this season. A total of 24 rookies were nominated for this seasons EKA; ImissFrosty, HirdsTheWord, Ticky009, hotchilli, thewizardmelon, Soggy2112, CursingFijian, Electronic_Renaissance, darthmann, @enigmal v3, mike ross, damicky, the tick, Brenton Davy, Dory_77, Dancing Potato, krakouers85, Pickitt, Lore, Bluelegs, DJ75, Snuffaluphagus, Cats_R_Cool_4_Ever & RPCB

However, only one be the winner of the prestigious EKA (Well, not entirely, but we have never had a tied EKA). Each captain sent their 3-2-1 votes for best performing rookie privately via PM to decide the top performing rookie:

In 3rd place, on a total of 10 votes is East Side Phoenix youngster thewizardmelon. This snappy rookie was a favourite among punters early and impressed with his witty banter in match threads and not being shy to give posters a decent wack.

The runner up, scoring a total of 17 votes is Gold City Royals rookie krakouers85. Krakouers showed a high level of engagement in the league throughout the season and show great initiative in getting opposition involved in match threads. He has also dabbled in media playing a major part in his skippers Superleague and his parody of Damien Barretts "sliding doors".

and without further ado, the winner of the Season 32 EKA Medal, with a total of 23 votes is Mount Buller Demons rookie damicky. It's been an interesting season for this rising star. Damicky made his debut for the Fighting Furies and was traded to the Demons in exchange for fellow rookie ImissFrosty during the mid season trade period. D showed keen interest in getting the league and the people in it from day one. He made himself known around the league through his "cheese" persona in match threads and gaining the attention of league captains through his interview series, one that got better in each edition he posted.

Congratulations on the S32 EKA medal, damicky!​
The committee clawing back some respectability with this choice!

Hurrah damicky!

Round 13
RD 13.png
We all know Round 13 shapes the entire SweetFA season. It's a wonder we have any of the other rounds at all. DID YOU KNOW that no team that has lost in Round 13 has ever gone on to win the Premiership? Qootballers train for months to build up to this week, and as you'd expect, the results were extraordinary!

spookism wrapped his ungainly arms around 13 individuals, Itsmyshow guided 8 leather beans through the large ones, the Sinewy, Sautéed Swamprats hung on by three points to dislodge the MBD or the DEM or whatever the simmers decided on that week from the top spot, cats2rise notched up game 400, having played game 399 the week before, and local gutter maintenance expert Ljp86 accrued 30,000 DreamTeam points. Don't spend them all at once!

So that's round 13, stay tuned for the remaining, redundant rounds. I am NaturalDisaster, and I smell.

(Write up courtesy of JoshWoodenSpoon)

R13 Official Votes

East Side Phoenix vs Las Vegas Bears

3 - Itsmyshow (ESP)
2 - Electronic_Renaissance (LVB)
1 - Millky95 (LVB)

Coney Island Warriors vs Dragons FFC
3 – T2B_ (DRA)
2 - Dinsdale (CIW)
1 - TheInjuryFactory (CIW)

Gumbies FFC vs Roys FFC
3 - Mooch (ROY)
2 - Zevon (ROY)
1 - StFly (GUM)

Sin City Swamprats vs Mount Buller Demons
3 – cooney (MBD)
2 – GremioPower (SCS)
1 - ant555 (SCS)

Gold City Royals vs West Coast Wonders
3 - Mozzie19 (WON)
2 - Marlowe (GCR)
1 - spookism (GCR)

Baghdad Bombers vs Fighting Furies
3 - GREENESHOOTS (FUR)
2 - Tigerturbulance (FUR)
1 - Pugsley (BOM)​

Well done damicky. Licorice bullets in the post.

And also well done to krakouers85 and thewizardmelon, in a way two guys that feel like proteges. I'll let you in on a secret, you can still be the most decorated player in the league without an EKA or a Mobbs Medal.
Just sign in to the leagues Minecraft server and decorate yourself any way you want.

Favourite Interview 4
Favourite Interview 4

Look here!! I've bumped into Gold Coast Royals veteran spookism, how are you mate?

Good. With the disappointing early finish to the season, I've been spending the off-season working on my golf game. I broke 100 for the first time the other day, which is pretty good for 9 holes, isn't it?

Thanks for that philreich, enjoying your night? I'm having fun, I currently rate it a 3/5, you?

I always enjoy myself, whether it's chuckling politely at another one of the meme's about me or waiting for DemonJim to hit the free bar and watching the results.

You're waiting for him to hit the bar? I'm still waiting for him to win a Mobbs. He's cursed you know. Ok, you're one of the favourites tonight, how does that sit with you?

V5DvGA.gif

You've been a consistent Mobbs performer, you have the 16th most votes all time, and you're a huge chance to break 100 votes all time tonight. That speaks volumes for your performance over a long period of time. How have you done it?

I think the biggest secret is being Captain or in the leadership group for almost every season I've played. I find being in charge of the magnets is very helpful.

Yes, yes it is. Your stats this year are amazing and a clear pointer to why you're one of the favourites, #1 disposals, #1 DT, #1 EXIE, #2 kicks, #4 tackles. You have to admit, that's a compelling set of numbers....

I think stats-wise it's pretty much my best season ever, which is remarkable for the simple fact I only played Ruck-Rover this year because The Filth Wizard didn't want to give up Full Forward. He thought it was an easy way into yet another All Sweet FA team and well, we all know how that ended up.

Yes indeed

If it's not you, who is your tip for tonight?

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Ummm, TheInjuryFactory ?0

Righto, your av is very well known, and makes me sad for you every time I see it. Do you commit to changing your av to something with a smile if you manage to win tonight?

I don't think so, I've won a Premiership, plus two State of Origins and kept it.
I think it has to stay, although as you can see, my Av has a current Christmas theme.

This is true, this is true.

Alright, great to see you here spook, and good luck tonight!!

(Write up courtesy of Elton Johns Wig)​

View attachment 1293157
We all know Round 13 shapes the entire SweetFA season. It's a wonder we have any of the other rounds at all. DID YOU KNOW that no team that has lost in Round 13 has ever gone on to win the Premiership? Qootballers train for months to build up to this week, and as you'd expect, the results were extraordinary!

spookism wrapped his ungainly arms around 13 individuals, Itsmyshow guided 8 leather beans through the large ones, the Sinewy, Sautéed Swamprats hung on by three points to dislodge the MBD or the DEM or whatever the simmers decided on that week from the top spot, cats2rise notched up game 400, having played game 399 the week before, and local gutter maintenance expert Ljp86 accrued 30,000 DreamTeam points. Don't spend them all at once!

So that's round 13, stay tuned for the remaining, redundant rounds. I am NaturalDisaster, and I smell.

R13 Official Votes

East Side Phoenix vs Las Vegas Bears

3 - Itsmyshow (ESP)
1 - Millky95 (LVB)

Coney Island Warriors vs Dragons FFC
3 – T2B_ (DRA)
2 - Dinsdale (CIW)
1 - TheInjuryFactory (CIW)

Gumbies FFC vs Roys FFC
3 - Mooch (ROY)
2 - Zevon (ROY)
1 - StFly (GUM)

Sin City Swamprats vs Mount Buller Demons
3 – cooney (MBD)
2 – GremioPower (SCS)
1 - ant555 (SCS)

Gold City Royals vs West Coast Wonders
3 - Mozzie19 (WON)
2 - Marlowe (GCR)
1 - spookism (GCR)

Baghdad Bombers vs Fighting Furies
3 - GREENESHOOTS (FUR)
2 - Tigerturbulance (FUR)
1 - Pugsley (BOM)​

giphy - 2020-03-30T173921.941.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Favourite Interview 4

Look here!! I've bumped into Gold Coast Royals veteran spookism, how are you mate?

Good. With the disappointing early finish to the season, I've been spending the off-season working on my golf game. I broke 100 for the first time the other day, which is pretty good for 9 holes, isn't it?

Thanks for that philreich, enjoying your night? I'm having fun, I currently rate it a 3/5, you?

I always enjoy myself, whether it's chuckling politely at another one of the meme's about me or waiting for DemonJim to hit the free bar and watching the results.

You're waiting for him to hit the bar? I'm still waiting for him to win a Mobbs. He's cursed you know. Ok, you're one of the favourites tonight, how does that sit with you?

V5DvGA.gif

You've been a consistent Mobbs performer, you have the 16th most votes all time, and you're a huge chance to break 100 votes all time tonight. That speaks volumes for your performance over a long period of time. How have you done it?

I think the biggest secret is being Captain or in the leadership group for almost every season I've played. I find being in charge of the magnets is very helpful.

Yes, yes it is. Your stats this year are amazing and a clear pointer to why you're one of the favourites, #1 disposals, #1 DT, #1 EXIE, #2 kicks, #4 tackles. You have to admit, that's a compelling set of numbers....

I think stats-wise it's pretty much my best season ever, which is remarkable for the simple fact I only played Ruck-Rover this year because The Filth Wizard didn't want to give up Full Forward. He thought it was an easy way into yet another All Sweet FA team and well, we all know how that ended up.

Yes indeed

If it's not you, who is your tip for tonight?

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Ummm, TheInjuryFactory ?0

Righto, your av is very well known, and makes me sad for you every time I see it. Do you commit to changing your av to something with a smile if you manage to win tonight?

I don't think so, I've won a Premiership, plus two State of Origins and kept it.
I think it has to stay, although as you can see, my Av has a current Christmas theme.

This is true, this is true.

Alright, great to see you here spook, and good luck tonight!!

(Write up courtesy of Elton Johns Wig)​

I see the error was posthumously edited Elton Johns Wig

Round 14
RD 14.png
SM kicked a late goal to win the qootballing against the Swamprats. Marlowe played his 250th. The Gumbies begin their advance towards finals, moving off the bottom of the ladder for the first time since Round 3. I have such hairy toes.@Ljp86 had a monster game with 30 and 3 accompanied by 10 marks. Wosh kicked a trio herself from the ruck. It's amazing to think that we've almost finished Round 14 of the count, and it's still so close and the crowd is behaving really well and we'll probably get our deposit back. Next up is a word from our sponsor, Headless!

R14 Official Votes

Las Vegas Bears vs Gumbies FFC

3 - StFly (GUM)
1 - Riviat (GUM)

Fighting Furies vs West Coast Wonders
3 - Mozzie19 (WON)
2 - brenton davey (WON)
1 - haydo (WON)

Dragons FFC vs Gold City Royals
3 - Bonz (DRA)
2 - spookism (GCR)
1 - Ljp86 (DRA)

Sin City Swamprats vs East Side Phoenix
3 - GremioPower (SCS)
2 - Itsmyshow (ESP)
1 - ant555 (SCS)

Mount Buller Demons vs Baghdad Bombers
3 - cooney (MBD)
2 - pantskyle (MBD)
1 - Bluelegs (MBD)

Roys FFC vs Coney Island Warriors
3 - Wosh (ROY)
2 - TheInjuryFactory (CIW)
1 - Supersuns (ROY)​

Remove this Banner Ad

Event Season 32 Mobbenfuhrer Medal Count - Congratulations TheInjuryFactory!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back