Official Match Thread Season 35, Round 1 – Baghdad Bombers v Fighting Furies @ Abdu Prison

Remove this Banner Ad

My greatest piece of bullshit was convincing my parents that phone technology had advanced to the point that something like a garage door remote signal can transmit through the phones. I forgot about this for about 6 months until one day my mum pulls me up on it because my dad forgot his garage door button so he called my mum at work to go out to her car and grab her garage remote to press the button whilst pointed toward her phone whilst my dad held his phone up near the garage door. Apparently they tried this for 10 minutes or so. Absolutely pissed myself, but they weren’t happy.

That is brilliant 👏

I'm gonna steal the Newton highlighter one, btw, there's a few at work I reckon I can convince.

I'm also gonna try to convince people that Stephen Hawking was a promising soccer player until his health issues diverted him to theoretical physics.

Good to see some classic Parma v Parmi repertoire what’s next, a potato cake discussion?
Completely unnecessary; the only divergence from the norm occurs in all the deviant states anyway and any opinions coming from those climes should be best over-looked,

Certainly an apt name for a hot curry. If you’re going to eat curry it should be ******* hot, especially in India you want whatever they pass of as beef cooked
thoroughly.

It’s like Abdu really.
ku5UdKw9RcsHtwMS2CsmS4XWf8k=.gif

As I have family in both QLD and VIC whenever we have a family event I just call everything the opposite of their norm just to piss them off. I really am a piece of s**t at family reunions. Got my uncle so pissed once because I tried to convince him that Isaac Newton invented the highlighter.
326366868_726236405604553_1350191194578171645_n.jpg

Probably the exact moment he was inspired to make the first highlighters.

If you'd shown that picture to your uncle, the proof would be pretty incontrovertible.

I’m calling BS, it was 1668, they changed the year and called it circa purely for the laughs.

Internet heroes

Damn trolls, next thing you know they'll be trying to convince us the Earth revolves around the Sun.

It's okay, the elephants that carry our world will catch us. If they don't, then the turtle they stand upon that gently swims through spacetime will...

Discworld logic is honestly the best way to explain things at times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Morning all,

Have a busy morning here in Perth and may be in and out.

Carrying the Eastern states is a burden that Sandgropers endure.

Have an easy day all:thumbsu:
Listen mate, why don't you lot take your precious quota of GST and shove it into a large, Reinhardt-shaped trough. Oh, that's right, you already did...

One for philreich

How do you make a Maltese cross?

Call her mother ugly.

Thank you, thank you. I'll be here all day.
A young Irish inventor just crossed a red hot poker with a forget me not, and came up with a painful reminder.

Mate, can you kindly stop dogging me, pug-lease...

and NO! Don't even think about any English interpretations of the phrase!

I wish I was innocent enough to be able to google that and be shocked.

Not only my favourite fiction writer, simply my favourite writer. The most acute observer of the human race that ever put pen to paper. He belongs in the realms of the great thinkers, Aristotle, Nietszche, Hannah Arendt, Chris Hitchens, Noam Chomsky, folks of that calibre.
Anyone who dismisses him as a fantasy author only ( not that that should be a stigma either ), has completely missed the entire point.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 35, Round 1 – Baghdad Bombers v Fighting Furies @ Abdu Prison

Remove this Banner Ad

Back