Official Match Thread Season 35, Round 1 – Baghdad Bombers v Fighting Furies @ Abdu Prison

Remove this Banner Ad

As promised, preserved form the catalogue of Limewire:

Was that the one with Axl? That was fantastic. Now there is a singer...
Nup, it was the full line up, but the crowd is immense they pulsate during that gig….

You only went and found my favourite ACDC song ever!
We are linked somewhere……this clip I love , how fckn awesome is that crowd….i wish I was there.

From the Titans of Teutonic Thrash.

Schmier says it best (listen for the tempo change): "If I was you I might decide to commit suicide."

I can see mine
B2DD0EB1-EBF2-4437-A4B7-F11F52C650EC.jpeg

Yours is the bucket, because it’s the only one you can get for a silver coin you tight arse!

Have you bought the boys a round yet?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These Aussies were at the forefront of the Srcond Wave of Thrash Metal. I wasn't around back then, but have seen them a few times when they've reformed for the odd gig.

From the Titans of Teutonic Thrash.

Schmier says it best (listen for the tempo change): "If I was you I might decide to commit suicide."

salient advice for those not recruited by the Bombers…

The Greatest band ever from Deutschland.

This is from their self-titled album, and plays on the band's nickname. It shows the influence of hardcore punk on thrash (though why they're infamous is their presence at the very forefront of the First Wave of Black Metal; everything that happened in Norway owes a huge debt to Sodom).

And again from their original EP, which went on to influence the darkness over Scandinavia (also, they couldn't play their instruments back then)

A very young JC saw Deicide, which to this day is the only gig I've attended where I feared I'd bit oft more than I could chew, judging by the crowd.

Utter lunatics (I had a great time though)

Changing tack to a more traditional metal sound. Caught these guys twice right before COVID, and I'm glad I did, as the singer unfortunately took his own life later :(

As a curio, their main songwriter was out of the band in a playing sense at this time, but was still writing the material (he rejoined later on). The guitarist filling in for him is John Marshall, who played rhythm guitar for Metallica when James Hetfield broke his arm skateboarding, and could only sing live.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 35, Round 1 – Baghdad Bombers v Fighting Furies @ Abdu Prison

Remove this Banner Ad

Back