Event SEASON 37 MOBBENFUHRER MEDAL COUNT - LIVE TONIGHT MON 17/6

Remove this Banner Ad

Rd 19 New
wRpPjbW.png
Season 37 Round 19

Sin City Swamprats 11.12.87 def Roys FFC 7.9.51

With the H&A season coming to a climax, fifth place Rats faced off against second placed Roys, with the victor virtually guaranteeing the double chance. In a bizarre fixture twist, this was the only game in round 19, and the last home and away game of the season for the Swampies. The Rats would be full of confidence after slamming on 28 goals in Las Vegas last week, while the Roys were coming fresh from the bye. All to play for here.

Pure Grunt kicked the first goal of the game in the 2nd minute to put the Roys in front. For those who like a visual cue, like a score worm, you can just imagine a staircase going downhill from there. The lead lasted less than two minutes and when okeydoke7 put the Rats in front, it was game over Roys. That’s not to say the game was a damp squib. There was plenty of footy to be played. jackster83 (25 disposals) and ant555 (24) fought all day with Aristotle Pickett (24 disposals) and 3KZ is Football (19) but always just about had the edge. royboy2 tried to get his team up with 15 touches and an impressive 8 tackles but couldn’t do enough. While only two Roys - TheGoatBaron and MrsEddieBetts - kicked multiple goals, okeydoke7 kicked 3 and HirdsTheWord collected five for himself.

At the end of the game - and season - for the Rats, they had launched themselves into second place. The With 5 teams vying for top 4, the Roys would still be looking over their shoulders.

Round 19​
Swamprats v Roys​
3​
damicky (SCS)​
2​
jackster83 (SCS)​
1​
ant555 (SCS)​

ObwPjRc.png

FRANKSTON ROVER MEDAL

The Frankston Rover Award is the Administrator's Choice Award given to the player or players in the league who have given invaluable service across the season to help the smooth functioning of the league and enhancing the experience of all in the league through effort, commitment and service.

In Season 37, as GMQO I have been fortunate to have just a glimpse of some of the hard work that has been put in by many this season. All individuals should have a well deserved break this off-season. From the simmers and posters, to some but not all members of the committee, the hard work is acknowledged and appreciated by many.

The Simmers and Posters I want to really stress do such a fantastic job and are extremely well coordinated and orchestrated. It’s been somewhat of an eye-opening experience seeing this from the other side of the glass and if I could hand out 7 or so of these awards then I would. This place is lucky to have the small group of individuals who give up their week to ensure the smooth running of this place and we should forever be thankful towards them for their efforts.

However, there will only be this winner of the award this season. And for the second season in a row, the award goes to Falconista.

The Sweet FA is rich from the innovations of the likes of @hate’s SweetFA.plus and @mobbs’ sim however the internally posted weekly ladder updates and innovations that continue to set this place to a new standard does not go unnoticed. It’s never with fuss and he’s incredibly transparent, the league is in a great place with Falcon doing what he does best. Falcon has contributed to this place in many ways and I'm sure this will come at a surprise to him but there is no one individual more deserving in my eyes of this award.

It might not seem like much, but the commitment and dedication to completing such an important task in this place, and then to go above and beyond in other areas, we must truly be thankful to Falcon.

A massive round of applause and thanks to Falconista!
congrats Falconista well deserved

Rd 20 (1) New
g8L48xB.png

Season 37 Round 20

West Coast Wonders 22.12 (144) defeated by Ophidian Old Boys 22.14 (146)

The Wonders faced off against the Old Boys with both teams vying for a top 4 spot. The winner would secure their position, while the loser risked slipping out of the top 4 depending on other results. The match was a high scoring, thrilling contest from start to finish. The Wonders led by 14 points at quarter time, but it was the 2nd Quarter where the Wonders got a move on and started to dominate, scoring 9 goals and extending their lead to 36 points by halftime.

In the third quarter, the Old Boys mounted a stunning comeback, Kicking 7 goals to 2. By the end of the quarter, the margin had narrowed to just 5 points.

With a top 4 spot on the line, the teams traded goals throughout the final quarter. The Wonders maintained their lead until the 19th minute when Harvey Manfrenjensenden kicked his 4th goal for the quarter, putting the Old Boys ahead. A minute later, Croweater responded to put the Wonders back in front. However, the Old Boys managed to score the last 3 points of the match, securing a narrow 2 point victory. The Old Boys’ win secured them 2nd place on the ladder, while the Wonders’ loss dropped them to 5th.

BFew was outstanding for the Wonders, with 34 disposals, 6 goals, and 154 Dream Team points. Croweater Kicked 4 goals. For the Old Boys, Harvey Manfrenjensenden was a standout with 8 goals, and DemurePrincess contributed 2 goals and 27 disposals.

Round 20​
Wonders v Old Boys​
3​
BFew (WON)​
2​
1​

Dragons FFC 22.14 (146) defeat Gumbies FFC 14.4 (88)

The Gumbies entered this match assured of a spot in the finals, while the Dragons needed a win to secure their own finals berth. The stakes were high for the Dragons, and it showed as they came out strongly, quickly establishing their dominance. If it wasn’t for inaccurate kicking for goal, the Dragons’ lead could have been more than 17 points at quarter time.

The Dragons dominated the 2nd quarter, with 6 goals from 6 different players, pushing the lead out to 42 points. The 3rd quarter saw the Dragons continue their dominance with another 6 goals from 6 different players, the Gumbies were struggling to identify which Dragons player to stop, whilst struggling to score themselves. By 3 quarter time, the Dragons had extended their lead to a commanding 62 points.

The Dragons maintained the rage in the final term with another 6 goals, 3 of which came from the boot of Bonz. At one stage, the margin had blown out to 81 points, but the Gumbies showed some fight, managing to kick 7 goals for the quarter. However, it was too little, too late. The Dragons’ comprehensive team performance ensured a big victory and a finals spot, overtaking the Gumbies to finish in 6th place.

For the Dragons, Bonz kicked 6 goals and 6 behinds, while another 5 Dragons each contributed 2 goals. PhenomenalV1 led the way with 27 disposals, closely followed by Big_Icky & Purple Jesus, both with 25 disposals. Among the few bright spots for the Gumbies were Stfly with 29 disposals, Chat Pile & GWS Goose each recording 27 disposals, while Cats_09 kicked 3 goals.

Round 20​
Dragons v Gumbies​
3​
Ligma (DRA)​
2​
Pie 4 Life (DRA)​
1​
cats_09 (GUM)​

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TLh76yF.png

EKA MEDAL

The Season 37 EKA Medal winner is…

myblueroan

From the Old Boys skipper, Tigerturbulance:

myblueroan made a big impression when she cantered into Spotswood for the first time with her mane flowing in the breeze and her nostrils flaring. The first time I saw her at preseason training kicking the qooty off all four hoofs I knew we had something special. MBR has been a great addition to the Old Boys and been present all season in team PM, match threads and across SFA media. Coming in as OOBs 4th most active poster in a team full of quality posters, MBR has averaged 61 posts a match thread, a great effort in her rookie season.

On field MBR started in the Forward Pocket because of her ability to kick off all four hoofs scoring 27 qoals, making her OOB's second highest scorer for the season. As of round 17 MBR has accumulated 70 kicks, 11 Marks, 43 HB, 14 tackles, 27 qoals and 626 DT.

Admittedly with all this success our rookie started demanding some extras such as a luxurious stable to Spotswood and the addition of carrot cake to the Dining Rooms menu. As proof of how highly we rated MBR both these demands were meet.

FINAL LEADERBOARD​
3​
2​
1​
Total​
myblueroan – 1st
9​
2​
0​
Pamcake1 – 2nd​
2​
3​
3​
15​
BFew – equal 3rd​
0​
4​
4​
12​
Nothing – equal 3rd​
1​
3​
3​
12​
1​
1​
2​
7​
0​
0​
1​
1​

Let's hear from the first ever EKA Medallist, croweater 41

Tigerturbulance - you must be so very proud of our nOOB MBR too

ObwPjRc.png

FRANKSTON ROVER MEDAL

The Frankston Rover Award is the Administrator's Choice Award given to the player or players in the league who have given invaluable service across the season to help the smooth functioning of the league and enhancing the experience of all in the league through effort, commitment and service.

In Season 37, as GMQO I have been fortunate to have just a glimpse of some of the hard work that has been put in by many this season. All individuals should have a well deserved break this off-season. From the simmers and posters, to some but not all members of the committee, the hard work is acknowledged and appreciated by many.

The Simmers and Posters I want to really stress do such a fantastic job and are extremely well coordinated and orchestrated. It’s been somewhat of an eye-opening experience seeing this from the other side of the glass and if I could hand out 7 or so of these awards then I would. This place is lucky to have the small group of individuals who give up their week to ensure the smooth running of this place and we should forever be thankful towards them for their efforts.

However, there will only be this winner of the award this season. And for the second season in a row, the award goes to Falconista.

The Sweet FA is rich from the innovations of the likes of @hate’s SweetFA.plus and @mobbs’ sim however the internally posted weekly ladder updates and innovations that continue to set this place to a new standard does not go unnoticed. It’s never with fuss and he’s incredibly transparent, the league is in a great place with Falcon doing what he does best. Falcon has contributed to this place in many ways and I'm sure this will come at a surprise to him but there is no one individual more deserving in my eyes of this award.

It might not seem like much, but the commitment and dedication to completing such an important task in this place, and then to go above and beyond in other areas, we must truly be thankful to Falcon.

A massive round of applause and thanks to Falconista!
Genuine shock.

Thanks ClarkeM. Always a pleasure to serve this corner of the internet.

No you don't you're perfect the way you are, unknown to me

I'll slip something in your drink later to make sure things stay that way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back