Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 01: West Coast Wonders vs Mount Buller Demons at The Colosseum

Remove this Banner Ad

FYI: Heedless just going through a few of GUH's recent postings and found this from late June, so I thought he'd want me to post it here seeing as he is playing his last game Sunday.......he tagged you in it.

"Pity our old friends like Headless sante sausageroll et al have not yet popped by to relive the Dees double loss." GUH 28/6/24
An honour to be involved in Horry's final game, Pam.

My fellow Wondericans, I’m speaking to you tonight from behind a boring desk in a boring office. In this sacred space, I’m surrounded by portraits of extraordinary Sweet FA legends. Mobbenfuhrer (Mobbs) wrote the immortal words that guide this competition. Mobbs showed us founders are not kings. Mobbs implored us to reject malice. Mobbs inspired us to reject fear.

I revere this club, but I love the competition as a whole more. It’s been the honour of my life to found this club and captain the first premiership in the inaugural season. But in the defense of democracy, which is at stake, I think it’s more important than any title. I draw strength and find joy in working for the Sweet FA people. But this sacred task of perfecting our competition is not about me, it’s about you. Your families, your futures.

It’s about we the people. And we can never forget that. And I never have. I’ve made it clear that I believe the Sweet FA is at an inflection point. One of those rare moments in history, when the decisions we make now determine the fate of our competition and the world for decades to come. The Sweet FA is going to have to choose between moving forward or backward, between hope and hate, between unity and division. And so, in this spirit, I remove my name for consideration for selection at the Wonders this season, and seasons moving forward. I am not fit, I am not firing, I am too old to hold this role.

God bless you all and may God bless the Sweet FA

Wow. Your average veteran Sweet F.A player would continue to collect games for no activity like their life depended on it or they forgot their account details but this is why the most prestigious award in Sweet F.A’s history is named after one of the legends of the game.

Having read through the early years and knowing how instrumental you were in making the Sweet F.A what it is now, massive respect the inaugural EKA.

Unless this is a bait and you kick a bag against us on the weekend you campaigner

The end of that season was one hell of a shitfight.

It was then that I decided the Furies were not for me anymore and moved to the Demons.
Yeah it was a crazy time, peak content that the league lived off it for like at least two weeks.

Shame i forgot the details to the Sterge account

I could really use some of his ideas for this years rookie PM

To be fair on the Furies, they're the only team who ever actually awarded me a Rookie of the Year award. I won it one year before tgrs
2a2nkblxxgf51.jpg

Back to Back brother

And now we're reunited for back to back premierships at the Demons

Yeah it was a crazy time, peak content that the league lived off it for like at least two weeks.

Shame i forgot the details to the Sterge account

I could really use some of his ideas for this years rookie PM
I think it lasted a bit longer than two weeks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good morning Wonders, fellow Rookies, associates and Demons.

Welcome to this wonderful Friday. Apologies I wasn't able to jam with you all yesterday, wrapping things up at work and prepared for the weekend trip away.

Currently on my way to the airport for a Demon filled weekend down south. :D

See you all soon for our clash at Mount Buller.

Keeeeeen! Yeow!

Happy Sesame Street GIF by Muppet Wiki

Sorry for clogging up the thread with multiple posts by yours truly.

Part is I'm making up for lost time for lack of posts yesterday and the other part is that I'm half asleep and forgot to multi quote.

(It's mostly the latter, half asleep and forgot to multi quote 🫣)

Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office

(Sorry for clogging up the thread with yet another post but I'm just so happy to be here 🤗 :D)

Happy Halle Berry GIF by First We Feast

Part is I'm making up for lost time for lack of posts yesterday and the other part is that I'm half asleep and forgot to multi quote.

(Sorry for clogging up the thread with yet another post but I'm just so happy to be here 🤗 :D)

Happy Friday to YouYou.

Let me add to the posts to break it up for you :thumbsu:

Quick moginie - I'm about to leave the house but not sure in what style. I need your morning wellwishing!
And a very good morning to my fabulous Buller comrades and hello Wonders!

I'm being harassed by a very hungry cat at the moment, so I'd best go and feed him.

Not you, cats2rise, my own feline.

Whatever you do today, do it with a giggle.

And a very good morning to my fabulous Buller comrades and hello Wonders!

I'm being harassed by a very hungry cat at the moment, so I'd best go and feed him.

Not you, cats2rise, my own feline.

Whatever you do today, do it with a giggle.

Giggles at the glare your unimpressed cat is giving you while waiting for you to post this while he waits

🤭🤭

Hey, it works! :D

Giggles at the glare your unimpressed cat is giving you while waiting for you to post this while he waits

🤭🤭

Hey, it works! :D
Excellent!

Glad to be of service, especially when you are about to face the joys of Kingsford Smith or Mascot airport.

I've found that the occasional giggle releases the tension when there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 01: West Coast Wonders vs Mount Buller Demons at The Colosseum

Remove this Banner Ad

Back