Strategy Season Expectations

Remove this Banner Ad

Wait let me get this straight, it OK for you to call other sheep and insinuate they do not form there own opinion but when they say the same about you it wrong. Is that how you play this game.
They have form though.....

It’s the same as posters sprouting crap that I’m always negative, I take that as just crap from.......I tend not to berate them as I just did you.

You’ve suggested that I can’t make up my own opinion of our draw and are relying on the media, that takes it to another level.

It’s the same as posters sprouting crap that I’m always negative, I take that as just crap from.......I tend not to berate them as I just did you.

You’ve suggested that I can’t make up my own opinion of our draw and are relying on the media, that takes it to another level.

Problem is some of your recent post on this subject are mimic by the media,
Draws change with ins and outs from both teams, they fail to take into account the conditions of the grounds, the timing of the games. the same issue you seem to neglect.
The media seem to be more interested in why the Crows injury list is bad, and have dropped the ball on the returning players.

And nobody likes being called a sheep. so if you don't like it don't do it yourself. It tends to get one back up. Especially when they have spent their lives being a leader of men.

Problem is some of your recent post on this subject are mimic by the media,
Draws change with ins and outs from both teams, they fail to take into account the conditions of the grounds, the timing of the games. the same issue you seem to neglect.
The media seem to be more interested in why the Crows injury list is bad, and have dropped the ball on the returning players.

And nobody likes being called a sheep. so if you don't like it don't do it yourself. It tends to get one back up. Especially when they have spent their lives being a leader of men.
Baaa

Hilarious over on the Port board after this morning’s SEN radio interview with Wines...

Some are saying if he goes back to vicco they should easily be able to trade wines and their first (10 they reacon) for pick 1 and get Lukosius!!..

Ahahahahahahahahahahahaha... the delusions are simply amazing... wines can’t wven kick straight and has been pretty horrid this year tbh.

LOL

If they are thinking that SOS is going to hand them Pick 1 without being put over a barrel they're kidding themselves.

SOS would most probably demand Wines, their 2018 first round pick and their 2019 first round pick before he would even remotely look at it.

I guess that no matter what happens if we end up around 10-12 we will be scrutinised and accused of deliberately tanking and then lose our draft picks. There is no way in a year when there are a few South Aussie youngsters available that we will be allowed to get our fingers on them.

I think the club should just play the best players we have available but at no stage should we be forcing any player that has a question mark about his fitness, onto the field. So perhaps Tex and Co might be lucky to get another game this year. Then as few others have stated we need to check out a few of the other youngsters to see just how they stand up to AFL standards.

I guess that no matter what happens if we end up around 10-12 we will be scrutinised and accused of deliberately tanking and then lose our draft picks. There is no way in a year when there are a few South Aussie youngsters available that we will be allowed to get our fingers on them.

I think the club should just play the best players we have available but at no stage should we be forcing any player that has a question mark about his fitness, onto the field. So perhaps Tex and Co might be lucky to get another game this year. Then as few others have stated we need to check out a few of the other youngsters to see just how they stand up to AFL standards.
With our injury list.. there’s no way we can be accused of tanking.

Last year we weren't primed for finals.
We were the best side all year apart from finals.
Could the injuries help us with this maybe.

I'm loathe to writing us off yet.
We aren't half way yet. Top teams will get injuries and lose games they should win too.

We need Sloane Tex back asap.

Still think we can do some damage.
Weren't tigers 6-6 last year?

Our best shot is top 4.
Will be hard to get that I admit.

If we win the next 2....
Still backing them

Last year we weren't primed for finals.
We were the best side all year apart from finals.
Could the injuries help us with this maybe.

I'm loathe to writing us off yet.
We aren't half way yet. Top teams will get injuries and lose games they should win too.

We need Sloane Tex back asap.

Still think we can do some damage.
Weren't tigers 6-6 last year?

Our best shot is top 4.
Will be hard to get that I admit.

If we win the next 2....
Still backing them
The tigers were 7-4 at this stage last year...

But I’m not sure why people go “weren’t the tigers” or “weren’t Sydney” such and such at this point last year.. because it’s completely different/irrelevant to the crows current predicament. Neither Sydney nor the tigers at this stage last year were completely decimated by injury with half their best top 10 players out and several of their top 15-20 ranked players missing as well (bearing in mind that no one actually knows how far off these injured lads actually are from returning)...

Find me an example of a club in recent times that after round 11 were 6-5 with this many of their top tier and second tier players out and not close to returning.. who then won the flag or even finished top 4.. then use that as your “but the ....... were 6-5 at this point” example and I’ll pay it!..

Love the optimism and sorry for my negativity.. but we need some realism!..

Find me an example of a club in recent times that after round 11 were 6-5 with this many of their top tier and second tier players out and not close to returning.. who then won the flag or even finished top 4.. then use that as your “but the ....... were 6-5 at this point” example and I’ll pay it!..

Us in 1998. In fact I think we might’ve even been 5-6.

But in recent times...I’m struggling...

Find me an example of a club in recent times that after round 11 were 6-5 with this many of their top tier and second tier players out and not close to returning.. who then won the flag or even finished top 4.. then use that as your “but the ....... were 6-5 at this point” example and I’ll pay it!..!..

Here it is. Round 11, Vs Western Bulldogs. Lost, went to 5-6.

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_match_statistics?mid=815

No Jarman, McLeod, Ricciuto, Smart, Edwards.

Injuries were so bad even old mate Ian Downsborough got a run!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With our injury list.. there’s no way we can be accused of tanking.
Do you really believe that the AFL wouldn't think that we are tanking. Everytime we have had an opportunity to make a gain they have cut us off.....well it seems like they have. Even with Tippett despite all the wrangling the club did they didnt actually exceed the salary cap they simply got caught doing what other clubs were doing....manipulating deals/agreements for their benefit. Even then we got more penalties with the loss of draft picks than what Essendon got and we got stuff all from Sydney. Lets not discuss Gibbs.

I do not think for one minute that they would sink to that level. However I bet everyone from everywhere, including the AFL Head Office would think we were tampering with tanking.

The tigers were 7-4 at this stage last year...

But I’m not sure why people go “weren’t the tigers” or “weren’t Sydney” such and such at this point last year.. because it’s completely different/irrelevant to the crows current predicament. Neither Sydney nor the tigers at this stage last year were completely decimated by injury with half their best top 10 players out and several of their top 15-20 ranked players missing as well (bearing in mind that no one actually knows how far off these injured lads actually are from returning)...

It's mid year.
We could be 8-5 in 2 weeks

We may have Tex and Sloane back after bye too.

Do you really believe that the AFL wouldn't think that we are tanking. Everytime we have had an opportunity to make a gain they have cut us off.....well it seems like they have. Even with Tippett despite all the wrangling the club did they didnt actually exceed the salary cap they simply got caught doing what other clubs were doing....manipulating deals/agreements for their benefit. Even then we got more penalties with the loss of draft picks than what Essendon got and we got stuff all from Sydney. Lets not discuss Gibbs.

I do not think for one minute that they would sink to that level. However I bet everyone from everywhere, including the AFL Head Office would think we were tampering with tanking.
Actually... for a minute there I must’ve forgotten how fuked this bunch of tossers in this VFL were... sorry, you’re probably on the money..

Here it is. Round 11, Vs Western Bulldogs. Lost, went to 5-6.

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_match_statistics?mid=815

No Jarman, McLeod, Ricciuto, Smart, Edwards.

Injuries were so bad even old mate Ian Downsborough got a run!
That’s a long time ago... the games changed a fair bit since then so I don’t know if it qualifies as “in recent times”!... and how long were Jarman, McLeod, roo, smart and Edwards out for after round 11 that year... another 3-4 weeks or did they only miss a round or two?..

Actually... for a minute there I must’ve forgotten how fuked this bunch of tossers in this VFL were... sorry, you’re probably on the money..

And yet when you think about it the AFL actually need the AFC to be a strong competitive club. Its in the AFL's interest to not kick us in the guts. Just imagine if the two West teams and the two Southern teams were not competitive. The national broadcasting deal would devalue significantly. Given the performance of the QLD teams at the moment the so called national competition becomes a Vic/NSW comp.

Sometimes logic just doesnt make sense.

That’s a long time ago... the games changed a fair bit since then so I don’t know if it qualifies as “in recent times”!... and how long were Jarman, McLeod, roo, smart and Edwards out for after round 11 that year... another 3-4 weeks or did they only miss a round or two?..

Yep, fair call.

Not sure exactly, I think McLeod did miss quite a few games that year though. It was a disjointed year personnel-wise, not dissimilar to this year.

And yet when you think about it the AFL actually need the AFC to be a strong competitive club. Its in the AFL's interest to not kick us in the guts. Just imagine if the two West teams and the two Southern teams were not competitive. The national broadcasting deal would devalue significantly. Given the performance of the QLD teams at the moment the so called national competition becomes a Vic/NSW comp.

Sometimes logic just doesnt make sense.
The afl knows it can treat us crows fans like shit... that’s the problem... because we are a parochial bunch who, no matter how much shit is dumped on our team, will still turn up or will still switch on to watch them play.

There’s no need to put any effort toward pleasing us and keeping us happy.

If we all turned off for a season or two and didn’t watch and the tv ratings plummeted.. they’d shit themselves and start sucking up to us to get us back and they’d do things like make one of our best interstate players a highly “ambassador for the game in the state” (what a ****in wank that is) to help us keep him at the club as well as other nice fruity concessions..

What about the year that West Coast tanked to get Nic Nat ?

2007 West Coast finish 3rd at the end of the minor round win 15 games
2008 West Coast finish 2nd to bottom and win only 4 games

If we finish that low we get the draft pick, it's really that simple.

Grundy isn’t coming back.

We carry mutual friends. He’s beyond happy with his current setup by all accounts. Pie for life.

Perhaps those people who claimed we ‘did well’ considering our draft sanctions could look at how those poor decisions (that of course were to be clarified in due course but never were) continue to bear fruit.

Brodie Grundy would absolutely have been in the mix at our pick. Mismanagement, nepotism and shooting ourselves in the feet at every. single. turn. Will continue to be our downfall.

Our club now more than ever needs a full and comprehensive external review which starts at the board level and flows down.

We absolutely killed it despite draft sanctions, but that doesn't mean they didn't do harm. Odds are the price we're going to end up paying for that is a premiership (seeing two more first rounders and an increase in talent level may have been the difference against Richmond).

Come on Mr negative we’ve all heard you bag Mackay JJ Douglas and anyone else you can be arsed smashing where I just bag the person responsible for our next 5 years of hell

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Come on Mr negative we’ve all heard you bag Mackay JJ Douglas and anyone else you can be arsed smashing where I just bag the person responsible for our next 5 years of hell

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

So your bagging the person who has nailed every high draft pick he has had, even the one where he went full on arrogant with?

Amazing really. I love your fantasy world.

In before "Do you think we have a list that can win a premiership?" question or whatever other deflection you have.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Season Expectations

Remove this Banner Ad

Back