Preview Semi-Final: Hawthorn v Adelaide Crows, MCG, 18 September 2015 @ 7.50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Langford was one of the few Hawks really busting a gut around the packs last week. Admittedly his disposal was poor but I didn't see many other Hawks able to match his desperation and that was something the team sorely lacked. He's been one of Clarko's whipping boys this year while a number of bigger-reputation players are able to contribute very little on a weekly basis with impunity.

Ceglar I wanted to see in the team, Litherland may have been worth trying, and Spangher & Sicily we thought were in the mix as well. But the match committee's selection policy this year has been firmly biased against anyone lacking a premiership medal or two around their necks. If we do go out in straight sets I'd be tempted to point the finger in their direction along with the coaching staff who have really let us down recently, though that's understandable with the absence of Bolton and Ratten's circumstances.

Fingers crossed this won't be another game lost at the selection table because we've had a few of those this year.

I think Langford out and Suckling staying in is a mistake but hopefully I'm proved wrong. Suckling needs to impact the game with his possessions otherwise he is a liability.

Glad Billy is back but it'll be no doubt be as sub.

Great chance for Schoey to stand up in the biggest game of the year so far and show that he belongs.

Need a huge lift from Punky, Lewis, Hale, Birchall, Roughie, Smith and Hill this week to get over the line.

McEvoy needs to try and expose Sauce around the ground and Hale must shit all over Jenkins when he goes into the ruck.

Feeling very nervous.

Langford out makes sense. Definitely would have had him out over Suckling. This is going to offend many but you need to take 2014 finals goggles off.
I'm not offended friend, but Suckling has been horrific for the best part of the year.

Congrats to Suckling on his 100th game.

Please don't go near the defensive 50 tomorrow night. :$
Last guaranteed chance to get him to 100 and lock up that father son potential

He'll start there cos he's named there & Clarko is as stubborn as a mule. He looked so unco last week I am perplexed that we intend to persist with this. Especially now! Hope I am terribly wrong.
i really hope not. Tex has been playing up the ground and he'll run rings around Lake.
plus im pretty sure Frawley shut him down last time we played....with a little help from Mitch

Unless his missus has a bit of mongrel, don't want :straining:
I hate it when supporters turn on their own players. Suckling has two premierships I believe and how hard must it be to get in and stay in a team as strong and deep as the Hawks? From memory he played well in the GF last year.

That being said he hasn't been great this year and I would have brought Litherland in.

I'm disappointed about Langford because that just about puts a line through 2015 as with Spangher. With two games to the GF could he have run into form? He was near BOG in the GF last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hate it when supporters turn on their own players. Suckling has two premierships I believe and how hard must it be to get in and stay in a team as strong and deep as the Hawks? From memory he played well in the GF last year.

That being said he hasn't been great this year and I would have brought Litherland in.

I'm disappointed about Langford because that just about puts a line through 2015 as with Spangher. With two games to the GF could he have run into form? He was near BOG in the GF last year.
Sorry mate

Mate almost everytime he got the ball he turned it over. I am not knocking him as a player but he is not playing anywhere near what he was last year. Remember we as a team back our skills and start running in support if there is a turnover we are generally caught out the back. He wasn't the only one that missed targets but he has been poor with it every time he has played
I know his disposal was off but some of his long kicks that were marked by the opposition were only marked because the forwards were piss poor in their effort. Also opposition were allowed a loose man in defence the entire time even though we were winning the clearances and wc were generating their run from half back. All our inside mids including Lewis, sheils, Mitch and Langford had less 60% DE. I felt like our clearance dominancein the first half was in part due to his tenacity. It's harsh to drop him but I see the logic if they play hodge in the guts. Still concerned about our inside speed and general lethargy without him.

Suckers only has one premiership. Spent all of 2013 recovering from his ACL. I'm not his biggest fan but don't hate the guy like some do.

I wouldn't be ruling a line through anyone, with Box Hill still playing it's still possible for Langers or someone else to force their way back into the team.

Seeing Frawley named at CHF for you guys - it's the first time in years I've looked at a hawthorn team sheet and not thought your side looks perfectly balanced.
We have been a bit off all year for balance. We seem to be struggling with the hard calls on big names.
But in relation to this game, we are known for late changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back