Preview Semi-Final: Hawthorn v Adelaide Crows, MCG, 18 September 2015 @ 7.50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
pretty sure he signed on for 3 or 4 earlier this year!
ok thanks...well ...they obviously believe they can work on him...lets hope so he is talented its just a few things needing work..hope 2016 treats him better..

I'll spew in my mouth a little if Chip starts forward. But mark my words. if Suckling starts in a back pocket I will projectile vomit in the back of the head of whomever is sitting in front of me.
Just in case I need to bring a rain coat what section are you sitting in

bit concerned at the lack of pace in the backline. I guess Smith and Hill will be using their run. Plus without Gunston, who is going to drift back to help out the defenders for 5-8 min per quarter?

Thinking of last year are you. Smith's run has been missing for a good few months now, and his injury means it won't return this week. Hill has some sort of injury that has stuffed his run, he doesn't have much else. This is the biggest reason for our downfall, nobody has the explosive pace to take off from turnovers.

I guess the are hoping Shoey can play the Gunston role. Let's hope he can. Why they would put Frawley down there, I have no idea.

Langford is one of the few players who whenever he has run out for us this year (and ever, for that matter) you can tell is hungry, committed, and determined. The coaches have been crapping on all year about how we lack some polish, but what we lack is desire! I'm sick of hearing about how our best is the best there is and how we'll just kind of magically turn up and win just as soon as we can be bothered.

If the guys who have been selected want to show that I am wrong and that they are the right men for this job, I will be very happy to watch them do so, but I hope it is drummed into them that there are plenty of desperately hungry players ready to take their spots into the future if they dish up another serving of the garbage we've been treated to over the last few weeks.

For some reason I imagine Matt Suckling's missus would look something like this

conchita-wurst.jpg

Nope just like this
Screen-Shot-2014-12-01-at-10.01.14-pm.png

Thinking of last year are you. Smith's run has been missing for a good few months now, and his injury means it won't return this week. Hill has some sort of injury that has stuffed his run, he doesn't have much else. This is the biggest reason for our downfall, nobody has the explosive pace to take off from turnovers.

I guess the are hoping Shoey can play the Gunston role. Let's hope he can. Why they would put Frawley down there, I have no idea.

If izzy isn't breaking lines and his net metre gains are like last week then we have every right to lose the plot, izzy is a star but last week he was useless. Considering we have fully fit guys like Howe/JOR/Langers/JEDI all available it'd completely negligent to play Izzy at 50% like last week.

ok thanks...well ...they obviously believe they can work on him...lets hope so he is talented its just a few things needing work..hope 2016 treats him better..
Pretty hard to work on improving to a higher level....when you are mostly played at a lower level too.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Should of added the spang. Frawley just doesn't cut it to be honest.

Schoe is a good inclusion... I think he adds a bit to our forward line... I swear if he had half the smarts of gunner... He'd be a bloody good player with his physical attributes.

Hartung is a good inclusion... Shouldn't start as sub

Langford is one of the few players who whenever he has run out for us this year (and ever, for that matter) you can tell is hungry, committed, and determined. The coaches have been crapping on all year about how we lack some polish, but what we lack is desire! I'm sick of hearing about how our best is the best there is and how we'll just kind of magically turn up and win just as soon as we can be bothered.

If the guys who have been selected want to show that I am wrong and that they are the right men for this job, I will be very happy to watch them do so, but I hope it is drummed into them that there are plenty of desperately hungry players ready to take their spots into the future if they dish up another serving of the garbage we've been treated to over the last few weeks.
This this this.

Nailed it.

All the skill and natural ability in the world is useless if you dont give enough of a shit to apply yourself and work your arse off as part of the team.

Meh....I'm getting to the point where I think that some are just collecting a pay cheque.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I was hoping that the Sphanger would come amongst us but it was not to be obviously. Langford is down on form and has been all year so I can see why he has been dropped, I am glad Schoey and Hartung are getting a chance, personally I would have liked to see Ceglar get another crack at a final also. Go Hawks!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree with a few on here. If Frawley is playing forward we are in real strife. Would be akin to the club admitting there is no place for him this year but not having the guts to drop him.

Langford out seems to be unpopular, but to be honest it's a positive when it comes to actually winning this game. Heart and effort doesn't help when you're kicking it straight to the opposition, even his handballs are off target. I don't know the stats but it really did feel like every time he got it forward it came straight back. He'll be great for us one day though, he's really down on form at the moment.

Agree with a few on here. If Frawley is playing forward we are in real strife. Would be akin to the club admitting there is no place for him this year but not having the guts to drop him.
I haven't see the Team List yet, but understand that Schoey has been named?

Have we really named an AA FB & future of our defensive structures at CHF with the intent to play the mobile Gunston-replacement (& worst KPD on our list) in the backline?

Langford will learn a lot from this years disappointments. It will hold him in good stead but, he has tenacity which unless you are effective, it's no good!! Gets rag dolled, then handballs to someone standing still. Doesn't get the ball in dangerous positions and turns it over way too much. Plays predominantly in the middle and gets it 18 times which is hardly anywhere near good enough!! But suckling keeping his spot is starting to get up my goat!!! Lither or Jed to add a bit of unpredictability, a bit of step, run , something fresh would have been a good option.

Been thinking about it all week. Litherand in for Lake. Frawley can take a Josh Kennedy type, Lake was just getting burned by him.

Interesting call, if we win this week does Lake play next week? Except a resting ruck he really has no one to play on.
I think the Jenkins match up keeps him in the side this week.
Although his place must come with the attitude of manning up and not zoning, the side as a whole is not in tip top form to be zoning off.

Lake is saying one thing but his body is delivering another.
For those with their eyes open, he aint fooling anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back