Preview Semi-Final: Hawthorn v Adelaide Crows, MCG, 18 September 2015 @ 7.50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frawley named at CHF... Clarko still trying to force the square block into the circle hole.

Hope this is the week he somehow makes it fit.

If he is played at CHF that will confirm partial "loss of the plot".

Last weeks shuffle around did not work.

Clarko made it clear that he is backing his old-hands in. I hope it's not our downfall. Langford may have been sloppy, but at least he won the hard ball. Lewis was just sloppy. He has skated along all year and added nothing. For mine, he is the biggest disappointment of 2015. In fact, unless something dramatic happens, he may have passed his used by date a lot earlier than expected.

I'm worried we are top heavy and slow. Billy is a plus in this case, but Gibbo, Lake, Frawley in the same team doesn't fill me with confidence. If I was Suckling, I'd be kicking it as far from our defence as humanly possible to give them ample time to recover.

west coast had 10 players with greater than 40% of possessions won in a contest and yet had a respectable de of 70.6%. We had 11 players with more than 40% of possessions won in a contest with a de of 67%.

In the round 19 clash west coast had 13 players with greater than 40% of possessions won in a contest at 65.3%. We had 11 players with greater than 40% won in a contest at 70%. Pretty clear where the turn around was between the two matches. Work rate with and without the ball turning into greater pressure on the opposition and easier options once we won the footy.

Let's hope that turns around big time for the rest of the finals.

We have been a bit off all year for balance. We seem to be struggling with the hard calls on big names.
But in relation to this game, we are known for late changes.

I got howled down for mentioning that it was retirement time for some of those names.

Otherwise the list will continue to go down until it bottoms out.

I just don't want the this great era to end in a fizzer. I hope the guys put up a gritty fight no matter what happens. It would be sad to see a great team go out in straight sets so I hope for the sake of their dynasty they come out to fight!

Yes, this is one reason I am nervous all of a sudden about his match. If we don't three-peat so be it, but let's at least win one final and go out with a bang :thumbsu:

I got howled down for mentioning that it was retirement time for some of those names.

I am not necessarily calling out for retirements.
Just feel that some calls should've been made on form, and a couple on match-ups.. but hey, it is much easier to make those calls from my couch.

Unless his missus has a bit of mongrel, don't want :straining:
For some reason I imagine Matt Suckling's missus would look something like this

conchita-wurst.jpg

On a positive note, there is some pretty massive upside to be had this week and beyond. If some or all of the following can shake off their recent form slumps and fire up, then we will be hard to stop: Bruest, Birchall, Roughy, Hale, Burgoyne, Hill, Stratton to name a few...

I know his disposal was off but some of his long kicks that were marked by the opposition were only marked because the forwards were piss poor in their effort. Also opposition were allowed a loose man in defence the entire time even though we were winning the clearances and wc were generating their run from half back. All our inside mids including Lewis, sheils, Mitch and Langford had less 60% DE. I felt like our clearance dominancein the first half was in part due to his tenacity. It's harsh to drop him but I see the logic if they play hodge in the guts. Still concerned about our inside speed and general lethargy without him.
I was with you about his speed and tenacity and wanted him back in the side to give us a lift. But having watched him carefully in his games even at box hill he is just so rushed with his disposal and we are so reliant on that from everyone on the ground

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am not necessarily calling out for retirements.
Just feel that some calls should've been made on form, and a couple on match-ups.. but hey, it is much easier to make those calls from my couch.
Don't like this team against an emotional crows team ..at least langers had some heart.....i feel all year he's been wronged by the selection committee...theres something not right there bar his injury..theres so many players I won't name who've been putrid and you knock a kid down like langers and you're effectively telling him your grunt is not wanted here...is this what hawthorn has become? Just looking at the team I don't feel confident.Theres some players right now that need to move on..its time lets get some youth in and start rewarding them or its going to be a bleak next five to ten years:(

After Saturday night it could be curtains for a few.. Go backwards to go forwards! Hopefully our old boys have some fight in them and can punch out a few more big wins.

Don't like this team against an emotional crows team ..at least langers had some heart.....i feel all year he's been wronged by the selection committee...theres something not right there bar his injury..theres so many players I won't name who've been putrid and you knock a kid down like langers and you're effectively telling him your grunt is not wanted here...is this what hawthorn has become? Just looking at the team I don't feel confident.Theres some players right now that need to move on..its time lets get some youth in and start rewarding them or its going to be a bleak next five to ten years:(

I would have kept Langers.. His inside grunt and heart stuck out like dogs balls around his team mates who were wearing netball bibs. If only Langers could improve his foot skills he'd already be an elite mid.

I'll spew in my mouth a little if Chip starts forward. But mark my words. if Suckling starts in a back pocket I will projectile vomit in the back of the head of whomever is sitting in front of me.

No ladbrokes special for this to occur then, you'd be paying $1.05

Bit harsh on some of the blokes Mitchell was massive all game and Sizzle blew himself up a couple of times trying to get us going. Shiels game was much like Langer's great endeavor but lacking in execution
true, was an exageration. but you get my drift.

Mate almost everytime he got the ball he turned it over. I am not knocking him as a player but he is not playing anywhere near what he was last year. Remember we as a team back our skills and start running in support if there is a turnover we are generally caught out the back. He wasn't the only one that missed targets but he has been poor with it every time he has played
There's no excuse for no effort. That's the 1st thing you bring. no point being Lance Ablett Sr if you don't give a shit

I would have kept Langers.. His inside grunt and heart stuck out like dogs balls around his team mates who were wearing netball bibs. If only Langers could improve his foot skills he'd already be an elite mid.
Makes me wonder if the kid isn't getting a fair go at the club...is he contracted? if not, he could easily walk off or get traded to some other team who might put more work into his foot skills and he might become a star, he doesn't lack any heart just a few things need work...this year would of sent his confidence plummeting...just feel sad for the kid..

I'll spew in my mouth a little if Chip starts forward. But mark my words. if Suckling starts in a back pocket I will projectile vomit in the back of the head of whomever is sitting in front of me.

The positions stated on selection night bear no resemblance to reality so save your spew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back