Preview Semi-Final: Hawthorn v Adelaide Crows, MCG, 18 September 2015 @ 7.50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suckling was terrible, played with 0 intensity and physicality. he was well and truely exposed tonight, which is no surprise given its finals.

Out - Suckling, hill, smith
In - jed, hartung, spangher/litherland (both better suited for finals footy)

Our lack of speed at stoppages and centre bounces really shows. As soon as players break free or spread our midfielders just can't go with them. First thing I'd be addressing over the next two years.

Our best players:

Langford
Mitchell
Sheils
Rioli
Lake

All year these guys are the only players who have not suffered from laziness and a hangover.

Don't know about you but am tired of it, especially from out captain.

In: guys who care
Out: guys who think they have done enough ala Roughead, Gunston, Stratton, Hill and Bruest.

GTFO and we win or lose on our terms.

In: Spangher, Simpkin, Howe
Out: Suckling, Hill, Roughead

Sick of reputations...

Do you actually believe we have players on the field who don't care about the result, who are just waltzing and expecting wins?

Talking of reputations you've posted over 18 000 times and hence you deserve respect. According to you, though, you fuking don't. Because history, experience and reputation don't mean shit... you want to drop players left, right and centre, because they're not living up to your standards, despite them being involved in multiple premierships.

You come across like a baby who's tossed the dummy outside of the cot and because of your amount of posts and how long you've been around you think you deserve to have your say and we all must listen and abide.. but that experience and knowledge is only paramount to you, the keyboard warrior. In this moment, you just declared you think our captain is lazy and hungover, as are 16 of the other 22 players; apparently they don't care.

You are of course, entitled to your opinion, but maybe it's best if you take all your posts and poor attitude and delete yourself if you're so ****ing tired and think the players are lazy and not doing enough, allow the good Hawks to continue to focus on a 3peat. You obviously have history but your attitude is appalling, if you really believe Hawthorn players aren't trying, do us all a favour and remove yourself from the family. Permanently.

Out: Frawley Hill Suckling (Gunston if injured )
In: Spangher Hartung Sicily
I could be wrong. But I strongly suspect that despite a disappointing performance which resulted in a loss, we will not be making wholesale changes.
I think Clarko will back our premiership boys in; the experience and knowledge has to be worth something?
Gunton's knee looked to be a mess, hobbling around the boundary wrapped in ice after the siren. Maybe Smith isn't 100%..
I think it's too late in the season to be messing with structures, experimenting, only injured players will be dropped. Right now, that's Gunston only.
Well, they're my thoughts, have to wait and see what unfolds in reality. #inclarkowetrust

I love Lakey but it seems like the decision will be made for him, he or Chip for the rest of the finals imo. Spangher MuST come in! Lot more mobile and I love his kamikaze style.

Out: Lake, Suckling, Hale, Gunston, Isaac.
In: Hartung, spangher, Cegs, Schoey, Howe.

Let's not be so predictable, throw something different with fresh legs.

Then omit Frawley.
Was deplorable last night. Every time he got near it, I cringed at what he did next. Worst player on the ground.

Need to omit either Frawley / Lake as playing one forward does not work .

Need more speed around the ground as well, Though knowing Clarko he
will only make 1 -2 changes .

Suckling - weak player under pressure and is a liability in defence
Hale - give him a week break , so we can have a look at Cegs as not convinced with McEvoy

Out : Gunston (inj) , Suckling, Hale , Frawley
In : Spanger, Cegs, Hartung , Howe

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah yeah, sure, he's on drugs. That's the only possible reason someone might post an opinion that is at odds with yours.
FFS, if you disagree, question intelligently. Don't resort to poor cliches.
And yes, the irony is not lost.

My point being that if people think we are progressing any further than next week playing the shit we dished up last night, in a final, then yes, you must be high. Because that (last night) was not even bottom 4 standard.

But you keep accepting mediocrity, ok?

In: Spangher, Hartung, Shoenmakers, Sicily, Ceglar.
Out: Frawley, Suckling, Gunston, Smith (his knee is done, blind freddy could see that last night), Hale.

Ye I know it's a few changes but I'd rather see us take a risk than go out wondering. We'll see how serious we are next week.

Whoever plays us next week will go in thinking that they have us at a vulnerable moment. With everything going wrong last night, who could blame them.

Reading the threads, it seems the sky is falling in for many people, but;

We broke even for most of the game - a really bad 10 minutes in the second QTR cost us.

There are big question marks over some players, and within various autopsies a couple of high profile recruits have come in for a serve. McEvoy was largely OK last night. Frawley was effective down back playing one dimensionally in the second half.

Injury will force at least one change (Gunston), and playing genuinely injured players doesn't work (Smith) - Howe and Spangher for mine.

Just like the Melbourne Cup, finals are a grind. Sure, based on history it is much tougher now, but they don't hand out the trophy the first time you pass the post in the cup.

Whoever plays us next week will go in thinking that they have us at a vulnerable moment. With everything going wrong last night, who could blame them.

Reading the threads, it seems the sky is falling in for many people, but;

We broke even for most of the game - a really bad 10 minutes in the second QTR cost us.

There are big question marks over some players, and within various autopsies a couple of high profile recruits have come in for a serve. McEvoy was largely OK last night. Frawley was effective down back playing one dimensionally in the second half.

Injury will force at least one change (Gunston), and playing genuinely injured players doesn't work (Smith) - Howe and Spangher for mine.

Just like the Melbourne Cup, finals are a grind. Sure, based on history it is much tougher now, but they don't hand out the trophy the first time you pass the post in the cup.

Never a truer sentence. We played bad last night..I think for more than a period of 10minutes it was from the first quarter onwards..I don't count our junk time goals because West Coast took the foot off our throat at that stage.

..our fumbling and inaccurate passing was terrible..more than terrible..it was U10's standard. Players like Roughead and Lewis were either inaccurate in front of goal or continuously kicking and hand balling it to the opposition. At one point Lewis hand balled it twice to two different West Coast players in one passage of play. C'mon what's going on in his mind to do that?

We played like we'd never played a final before. How to remedy this is the question. Because all is not lost we have a double chance for a reason. We've earn't the right. I just don't want to see this team go out in straight sets, as we're better than that. I think we should want to have another crack at West Coast in the big dance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back