Preview Semi-Final: Hawthorn v Adelaide Crows, MCG, 18 September 2015 @ 7.50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just your usual ******* S.A. Crows supporters.
Still living in the 70s and 80s but with no real memory of what S.A. was like back then.
South Australia is a very very small goldfish bowl....and the gene pool is possibly even smaller.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
I am a South Aussie - not all Hawthorn supporters are from Vic!

Love langers hunger and contested ball but gee he just hacks it forward out the contest
Agree. But so did everyone else. Now that the recipe for beating us is clearly out there, be mad to assume that we are going to be allowed unpressured ball use. On the upside, Langers is burning himself out pretty quickly in games, whereas Hartung gets more valuable as the game goes on. Can only hope that Suckling starts as sub, and Duyrea on the field - Suckers is pretty useful coming on when everyone else is tired, and can come on in both attack or defense if there is an early injury.

Have to agree with an earlier comment that this means that they are going to play the bigger bodied veterans through the middle. Can only hope they don't get burned for pace.

The thing that worries me is the six big guys we are playing (Hale, McEvoy, Lake, Frawley, Shoey, Roughead) vs five on their side (Jacobs, Jenkins, Tex, Hartigan, Talia). If we go this path the talls are going to have to take marks and kick goals, and this burns the speed benefit of adding Hartung. I can see Hale as a late out, with Langford taking his place to help out with the inside work - team looks too soft without him.

Langford out means hodge plays midfield with duryea starting and billy the sub. CEOs for hale and Litherland for suckling would have been more to my liking. This is shoey's big chance to be a player. I hope he takes the opportunity and isn't just playing a decoy role.

We all need more Chief Executive about us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fact that you find it astounding shows you're eiher incredibly bias, or need to watch more non-hawthorn games.

Very reasonable claim as Betts has certainly out performed Rioli the last two years and probably longer.
Rioli isn't just a small forward. He does more than kick goals. Most Cyril fans become gushing when talking about his defensive acts rather than his offensive side. But Eddie has been amazing this year - no doubt.

If Frawley starts at CHF at the first bounce, I'm walking out.
He'll start there cos he's named there & Clarko is as stubborn as a mule. He looked so unco last week I am perplexed that we intend to persist with this. Especially now! Hope I am terribly wrong.

He did provide something that 21 others didn't last week. Heart.
Mate almost everytime he got the ball he turned it over. I am not knocking him as a player but he is not playing anywhere near what he was last year. Remember we as a team back our skills and start running in support if there is a turnover we are generally caught out the back. He wasn't the only one that missed targets but he has been poor with it every time he has played

Been thinking about it all week. Litherand in for Lake. Frawley can take a Josh Kennedy type, Lake was just getting burned by him.

He did provide something that 21 others didn't last week. Heart.
Bit harsh on some of the blokes Mitchell was massive all game and Sizzle blew himself up a couple of times trying to get us going. Shiels game was much like Langer's great endeavor but lacking in execution

Yeah Langford is done for the year, had an amazing (end of) year last year, and he'll be back, just never got going this year.

I expect a late change, probably Ceglar coming in, unless his back is really not all that flash right at the moment.

And Shoenmacher ... got potential written all over him. This ... let this be the game, please god. Not great down back, moves well in the forward line ... how about some monster marks ... perhaps Shoey can be the surprise packet of the finals (like Langford was last year).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back