SFL 2010 Div 1 Thread - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone want to confirm a story floating around that St Kilda City's major financial backer has found himself on the wrong side of the law and that no one will see their outstanding money owed for services this year? Not the best time for something like this to happen.....

Condolences Chelt for their loss. Although i'll be cheering for Chelsea Heights come sunday i'm sure the Chelt 2's will give their very best in honour of the great man..

Anyone want to confirm a story floating around that St Kilda City's major financial backer has found himself on the wrong side of the law and that no one will see their outstanding money owed for services this year? Not the best time for something like this to happen.....

Wrong, the bloke in question was involved with the junior club not the seniors !
Best leave it at that

Wrong, the bloke in question was involved with the junior club not the seniors !
Best leave it at that

So Back to back when can the players expect to get their money??
If you promise big money pay up i say..... Strong romour the club might not be around next year can you please enlighten us on these romours?:confused:

myview = one very bored man with no life

Well i guess the romours are true then???? Why promise money if you cant afford it???? Who is to blame for this??
All i can say is you have ruined your club i hope it was worth it......
No i am not bored i get annoyed that local footy is getting ruined by $$$$:thumbsdown:

Well Done to the City boys today..... one word of advice to Tasiyan be humble like a great man and stop acting like a tool.....Chelsea poorly coached and the dollars mean nothing if you dont have a bit of soul in your team....
Also nice to see Ex Mount waverley coach win the magoos flag i bet he is glad he moved on.....

Well Done to the City boys today..... one word of advice to Tasiyan be humble like a great man and stop acting like a tool.....Chelsea poorly coached and the dollars mean nothing if you dont have a bit of soul in your team....
Also nice to see Ex Mount waverley coach win the magoos flag i bet he is glad he moved on.....

You have to be kidding don't you. Chelsea Heights play the best brand of football Iv'e seen in the SFL EVER. They move the ball beautifully and certainly play a new aged style of football. The only reason Stkilda City won the flag is simple $$$$$$$ Talent. I thought Flack spoke really well at the Breakfast and represented his club with aplomb. Curious to know as to why St Kilda City's coach didn't talk at the breakfast ? ex Heatherton reserves coach spoke on the teams behalf.
After all the innuendo about St Kilda City's coach and his coaching capabilities - I thought I'd listen to his team address. It was horrendous. What was St Kilda City's game plan ?
I couldn't care less if they won the premiership.

You have to be kidding don't you. Chelsea Heights play the best brand of football Iv'e seen in the SFL EVER. They move the ball beautifully and certainly play a new aged style of football. The only reason Stkilda City won the flag is simple $$$$$$$ Talent. I thought Flack spoke really well at the Breakfast and represented his club with aplomb. Curious to know as to why St Kilda City's coach didn't talk at the breakfast ? ex Heatherton reserves coach spoke on the teams behalf.
After all the innuendo about St Kilda City's coach and his coaching capabilities - I thought I'd listen to his team address. It was horrendous. What was St Kilda City's game plan ?

Cut the crap you sook you got beaten by a much better side as for your game plan it didnt work when it mattered knob so it cant be that good...
Dont talk about $$$ you guys are paying too they just done it much better.... your club has no soul and that starts from your coach down...:thumbsdown:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a Mordialloc stalwart and die hard I was won over yesterday by the boys from Luna Park. A great contest, some huge hits and some ripping goals. For me a few of the highlights were: John "Sauce" Stinear's booming 50m goal from the boundary, Shaun Cotter's celebration when coming from the field late in the last and Gary "Lazarus" Johnstone's recovery after being ko'd early in the game. Played a big role in sparking the side when they were looking flat. Arvinitis was stiff not winning the Meneilly.

The Chelsea boys really melted under the spotlight yesterday, whe the game was on they were second in for the ball and chose to target the man. Never wins finals.

Go bloods and for just today... Go city! Xx ;)

Congratulations to St. Kilda City. Premiers 2010!! Huge effort yesterday, and were just a bit to good in the end. It was a very enjoyable match, played in perfect conditions. All square at three quarter time, and the City boys jumping out of the gates in the first 10 minutes of the last to break the deadlock. There were some great individual performances also:

St. Kilda City
Arvinintis: Clearly BOG in my book. Huge 4 quarter game. His finals series is/was the reason City stepped it up. One of the best GF performances you will see. Just smashed the Heights ruckman, and then went forward a kicked a couple.

Lindsay: Solid all day!! A few little cheeky knees to the heads early on!! All good!! His first 10-15 minutes of the last quarter was breath taking, and if not for big Arvo was BOG. Clearly second best. 3 goals in a GF fromthe midfield was massive.

McPhee: Great game. Provided the pace City needed, and i thought they lacked. Massive contribution.

Carroll: Stitched up Smith. Just did his job.

Jacobs: Last quarter was huge. Kicked the first goal of the last, and took some very strong grabs.

Reiseger: After being touched up by Norton at Chelsea, he turned the tables. A very solid defender!!

Chelsea Heights
Gilder: In my opinion clearly Chelsea Heights best. Copped a massive knock early, and battled on all day. Ran and carried the ball. Would be in my top 5 best on the ground. Great game.

Matheson: Provided a target up forward, and tried hard all day.

Fitcher: So close, but yet so far from being the match winner. Tried hard all day. Was very agressive. Kicked a couple, but so close to kicking 4 or 5. Would have been a frustrating day in the end for him.

On another note. Thought both teams played with 20 men. Both captains were no where near fit to play, but both coaches obviously thought having them play would help the morale of the team. Nil all draw there!!

I have the utmost respect for Flack as a coach. I actually think he is the best coach in the SFL. However, i was very surprised watching why they did not give Smith an extended go in the ruck. Needed him to cancel out Arvo's influence and also would have freed him up from Carroll.

All in all a very good GF. Great season in 2010, and the best 2 sides fought it out in the big one. Congrats again to the City boys.

Also, congratulations to Chelt on winning the seconds flag. Still a great feeling for the boys involved and the club.

Commiserations to Chelsea Heights. Great season, which ultimately came up short. I am sure you will be bigger and better in 2011!!

And lets hope the Saints can beat the Pies on Saturday!! (Although i am not confident). That first half collingwood played against the Cats was almost the most perfect half of football you will see!!

Well i guess the romours are true then???? Why promise money if you cant afford it???? Who is to blame for this??
All i can say is you have ruined your club i hope it was worth it......
No i am not bored i get annoyed that local footy is getting ruined by $$$$:thumbsdown:

Dry your eyes mate! Yes You are bored, How much do you think Chelsea Heights spent? How many colts did they have in there side? How many ex AFL/VFL players did they have? They lost one game all year, yet as I said 4 weeks ago will the other sides handle the pressure when the whips get cracking, unfortunately for them the answer was no , 4 or 5 of there best didnt touch the footy in the last quarter!!!! If you dont like local footy that pays players, go get involved in the amatuers make yourself happy!
As far as the money goes get over it ! The game yesterday was one on true character and hardness and I never been more proud of a stkilda city side who were challenged heavily yet found the will to push thru ,its been a tough year no doubt but once again character that comes with wearing the jumper shines through. Premierships are gold and if you think they dont mean anything to anyone ask Danny Jacobs how he felt when the siren went, you might get an insight on how hard they are to win!
Full credit to Chelsea Heights they went out and recruited heavily and were very competitive but unfortunately didnt get the job done, they are a great club with great people and im sure will get there rewards in the future.

Come down and have photo taken with the cup! and by the way if you do your maths Chelsea Heights payed more than us , so that would really hurt. Dont hide behind the fact you went out and spent big and the plan derailed, take it like a man!!!!!!!

What was StKilda citys game plan? Tackle hard and get the ball thru the goals !!!!! the same game plan that won 3 finals in a row this year, won 3 out of the last 4 flags , I can tell you it works!!!

Congratulations to St. Kilda City. Premiers 2010!! Huge effort yesterday, and were just a bit to good in the end. It was a very enjoyable match, played in perfect conditions. All square at three quarter time, and the City boys jumping out of the gates in the first 10 minutes of the last to break the deadlock. There were some great individual performances also:

St. Kilda City
Arvinintis: Clearly BOG in my book. Huge 4 quarter game. His finals series is/was the reason City stepped it up. One of the best GF performances you will see. Just smashed the Heights ruckman, and then went forward a kicked a couple.

Lindsay: Solid all day!! A few little cheeky knees to the heads early on!! All good!! His first 10-15 minutes of the last quarter was breath taking, and if not for big Arvo was BOG. Clearly second best. 3 goals in a GF fromthe midfield was massive.

McPhee: Great game. Provided the pace City needed, and i thought they lacked. Massive contribution.

Carroll: Stitched up Smith. Just did his job.

Jacobs: Last quarter was huge. Kicked the first goal of the last, and took some very strong grabs.

Reiseger: After being touched up by Norton at Chelsea, he turned the tables. A very solid defender!!

Chelsea Heights
Gilder: In my opinion clearly Chelsea Heights best. Copped a massive knock early, and battled on all day. Ran and carried the ball. Would be in my top 5 best on the ground. Great game.

Matheson: Provided a target up forward, and tried hard all day.

Fitcher: So close, but yet so far from being the match winner. Tried hard all day. Was very agressive. Kicked a couple, but so close to kicking 4 or 5. Would have been a frustrating day in the end for him.

On another note. Thought both teams played with 20 men. Both captains were no where near fit to play, but both coaches obviously thought having them play would help the morale of the team. Nil all draw there!!

I have the utmost respect for Flack as a coach. I actually think he is the best coach in the SFL. However, i was very surprised watching why they did not give Smith an extended go in the ruck. Needed him to cancel out Arvo's influence and also would have freed him up from Carroll.

All in all a very good GF. Great season in 2010, and the best 2 sides fought it out in the big one. Congrats again to the City boys.

Also, congratulations to Chelt on winning the seconds flag. Still a great feeling for the boys involved and the club.

Commiserations to Chelsea Heights. Great season, which ultimately came up short. I am sure you will be bigger and better in 2011!!

And lets hope the Saints can beat the Pies on Saturday!! (Although i am not confident). That first half collingwood played against the Cats was almost the most perfect half of football you will see!!

Fair assessment : Just thought Cotter turned the clock back,Reseiger,Sullivan&Bruin (both 18),Porter,Grundy,Webb,O'Donnell,Stinear on Flack twice, the saints lesser lights and veterans had great finals series along with O'Neill, Lindsay & McPhee and theres no doubt the captains courage to front with a serious hand injury was a big inspiration and he played a sacricficial role yesterday.

Question: How does one know what another team has paid their players for the season? Does this get published, or is it common knowledge?

SFL are looking into introducing a points system like other metro leagues for the season 2012, where your team is allocated 25 points per week for all players. For example a Paul Wheatley/Nathan Carroll would attract 5 points & a Jarryd Attard would attract 4 points etc.

It will make it hard for some teams if they are trying to attract the best possible talent available, especially if they've recently just come from the AFL or VFL. But will make the comp a little more even I suppose

Well done City on winning the Flag. The game was there to won at 3/4 time and the City boys ran riot in the first 10 minutes of the last 1/4 to wrap it up.

I stood with 50 or so from Dingley and we all now realise how far we have to go to be a true force in this comp.

The game was tough but played in a great spirit and nobody took a backward step, a real credit to these 2 clubs.

We all have a crack at clubs like City and CH because they pay their players so much but in the end B2B summed it up, if we dont like it we could all go to the Ammo's, stuff that!!!

Look out for a much improved Dingley next year under our new Coaching Panel led by Shane Morwood.

Winners are Grinners St.Kilda City, well done!!!:thumbsu:

Hey Sniper, did you hear the rumour last week that 5-6 of the St Pauls guys aren't happy with the way the club is heading and want to come round the corner to us, could be a great kick start to return to the SFL.

Hey Sniper, did you hear the rumour last week that 5-6 of the St Pauls guys aren't happy with the way the club is heading and want to come round the corner to us, could be a great kick start to return to the SFL.

Yes they are going to go play 3divvy good one mate!!!:thumbsu::rolleyes:

Does anyone know if Parkdale vultures are switching across to Sfl as well

I heard they wanted to but could be wrong, also heard that Bentleigh to start in div 2, but once again could be wrong... so i've probable added nothing. on a brighter note 2 heights reserves players were reported for belting Luke Walter.. must be most hated player in SFL. his own teammates don't even like him.. congrats city,chelt,skye...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back