SFL 2010 Div 1 Thread - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Sniper, did you hear the rumour last week that 5-6 of the St Pauls guys aren't happy with the way the club is heading and want to come round the corner to us, could be a great kick start to return to the SFL.

No have haven't heard this actually, But if 5 or 6 St Pauls players wanted to come play for Bentleigh in 2011, we'd welcome them with open arms! (Subtle hint)

But coming from you though its probably crap.

Does anyone know if Parkdale vultures are switching across to Sfl as well

I asked around on the VAFA Div 1 thread & got the "its absolute crap" response from a Parkdale person, then my boss asked another Parkdale official at the GF & they were apparently "still entertaining the idea". So who knows

To Flackie and the Chelsea Heights boys, thanks for probably the greatest GF I have been involved in for the past 5 years. You are a credit to the SFL and your football club. You played the game extremely hard BUT FAIR, and you gave us everything which brought out the best that I have ever seen at St Kilda City in my 4 years.

Their is HONOUR in defeat and you showed it yesterday. The game was a tribute to the every increasing standard of the SFL so to Wayne and the SFL guys, well done. To all the supporters of the SFL keep up the rivalry and get ready for 2011......

To the St Kilda City boys yesterday was a very proud day for me personally and more importantly for the Club and its supporters. Well done to all for 2011....

Will you still be at City in 2011 whowantstoknow? Congrats on the win yesterday, massive effort and as I said in my finals preview on here, you were the best team we played in 2010.

I thank you for your confidence in us during the year despite our loses to St Pauls and Chelsea Heights....As for 2011.....who knows!!! I will enjoy the break and soak it all up....

I thank you for your confidence in us during the year despite our loses to St Pauls and Chelsea Heights....As for 2011.....who knows!!! I will enjoy the break and soak it all up....

Well done Richard you won the game because your guys played a harder brand of footy... your 3/4 time speech was very funny and lucky for you your boys have been around and seen the funny side you your mindless speech. i seen a few smirks as they were walking away...
I hope you find yourself a new hobby as you have been an easy target for myself and a few others one line.
You are not a Coach and by now i am sure you no that who said money doesnt buy love...
To B2B i hope the last few years were good because from all reports the next few are looking bleak thanks to your clubs lack of planning for the future... Lets hope a great club hasnt been destroyed by the one that loves it the most...

Hey Sniper, did you hear the rumour last week that 5-6 of the St Pauls guys aren't happy with the way the club is heading and want to come round the corner to us, could be a great kick start to return to the SFL.

ha ha, would you like to share with us the unhappy men down at st pauls.

where do you think the club is heading champ?

No have haven't heard this actually, But if 5 or 6 St Pauls players wanted to come play for Bentleigh in 2011, we'd welcome them with open arms! (Subtle hint)

But coming from you though its probably crap.

I asked around on the VAFA Div 1 thread & got the "its absolute crap" response from a Parkdale person, then my boss asked another Parkdale official at the GF & they were apparently "still entertaining the idea". So who knows

I have heard that they approached the sfl and the sfl wanted them in div 2 but vultures would only come if in div 1, but as i said its just what ive heard

I have heard that they approached the sfl and the sfl wanted them in div 2 but vultures would only come if in div 1, but as i said its just what ive heard

I wouldn't be surprised if this is the case, they have a history of getting their way. Merged with Mentone Vultures to leap frog 4 divisions in the VAFA, to insure them a spot straight into C Section, when some said they should've started in D4. But to their credit they held there own for about 6 years in that section, making them more than worthy.

Admittedly, if Parkdale came into SFL Div 2 in 2011 they would absolutely wipe the floor with the competition with their "rumored new coach bringing down 6 players." Information from VAFA Division 1 2011 thread

I wouldn't be surprised if this is the case, they have a history of getting their way. Merged with Mentone Vultures to leap frog 4 divisions in the VAFA, to insure them a spot straight into C Section, when some said they should've started in D4. But to their credit they held there own for about 6 years in that section, making them more than worthy.

Admittedly, if Parkdale came into SFL Div 2 in 2011 they would absolutely wipe the floor with the competition with their "rumored new coach bringing down 6 players." Information from VAFA Division 1 2011 thread

It makes sense that if clubs like Bentleigh and Parkdale join the SFL that they start in Div 2. The league would not attract any decent Club if Div 3 was the starting point.

Surely the league and all associated clubs can only survive and prosper if the crowds are drawn to the competition and that can only happen if your club is playing a BIG game every week. Sponsors want to get on board and the place is exciting to be around.

Question: How does one know what another team has paid their players for the season? Does this get published, or is it common knowledge?

SFL are looking into introducing a points system like other metro leagues for the season 2012, where your team is allocated 25 points per week for all players. For example a Paul Wheatley/Nathan Carroll would attract 5 points & a Jarryd Attard would attract 4 points etc.

It will make it hard for some teams if they are trying to attract the best possible talent available, especially if they've recently just come from the AFL or VFL. But will make the comp a little more even I suppose

Lots of country vic leagues have introduced points system including the one I play in and from what I have seen they do not work in evening out the competition

Well done Richard you won the game because your guys played a harder brand of footy... your 3/4 time speech was very funny and lucky for you your boys have been around and seen the funny side you your mindless speech. i seen a few smirks as they were walking away...
I hope you find yourself a new hobby as you have been an easy target for myself and a few others one line.
You are not a Coach and by now i am sure you no that who said money doesnt buy love...
To B2B i hope the last few years were good because from all reports the next few are looking bleak thanks to your clubs lack of planning for the future... Lets hope a great club hasnt been destroyed by the one that loves it the most...

The club was on its knees 6 years ago,relegated etc,etc,etc,in fact a decision was made to close the doors,and thanks to a group of 17/18 y olds we averaged 30 goals losses but we kept it going and from there weve played in 5 grand finals for 4 wins, so the way I look at it the last 6 or so years have been a bonus and I believe weve done the best we can, what happens in the next 3 months will be interesting , when you have a council which doesnt enable your club to function to the best of its ability your club is always in danger. It s not the people that are at the clubs which destroy them, its the people that dont support the club that destroys them!!!!!!!!

For example; how many clubs supporters have to pay $10 to park there cars to watch there clubs pay?

Well done to St Kilda City for a well deserved win. Both them and Chelsea Heights set the standard for the year, and although i missed the big one, i have been told it was a ripper.

Congrats to Cheltenham who thoroughly deserved the reserves grand final. With a much better team they were always going to get the job done. Especially good to pay tribute to Trevor Barkers old man.

On a side note, in the preliminary final, the Chelsea Heights reserve coach showed his true colours at half time when walking past the St Pauls team yelling "keep your f#$king elbows down you cheap c#$nts.......how bout you focus on finishing off a good season by winning the most important game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To Flackie and the Chelsea Heights boys, thanks for probably the greatest GF I have been involved in for the past 5 years. You are a credit to the SFL and your football club. You played the game extremely hard BUT FAIR, and you gave us everything which brought out the best that I have ever seen at St Kilda City in my 4 years.

Their is HONOUR in defeat and you showed it yesterday. The game was a tribute to the every increasing standard of the SFL so to Wayne and the SFL guys, well done. To all the supporters of the SFL keep up the rivalry and get ready for 2011......

To the St Kilda City boys yesterday was a very proud day for me personally and more importantly for the Club and its supporters. Well done to all for 2011....

I know its a popular exercise to knock the SFL administration, but give credit where its due. Grand final day was a terrific event. The ground was in first class condition and looked great with the professional marking, the presentations were well done ( I like the grandstand idea ), the burgers are the best and even the umpiring wasn't horrendous. $15 might be a bit steep IMO, but overall. a bloody good event.

Congrats to the Chelt 2's you out played us right from the start.

Did CH 2's Captain get rubbed out for the king hit behind play?

Showed his class when he dropped an absolute soda in the last 1/4, i think he heard foot steps, weak dog!!!:thumbsdown:

He led his team to a memorable loss!!!

The club was on its knees 6 years ago,relegated etc,etc,etc,in fact a decision was made to close the doors,and thanks to a group of 17/18 y olds we averaged 30 goals losses but we kept it going and from there weve played in 5 grand finals for 4 wins, so the way I look at it the last 6 or so years have been a bonus and I believe weve done the best we can, what happens in the next 3 months will be interesting , when you have a council which doesnt enable your club to function to the best of its ability your club is always in danger. It s not the people that are at the clubs which destroy them, its the people that dont support the club that destroys them!!!!!!!!

For example; how many clubs supporters have to pay $10 to park there cars to watch there clubs pay?

Dont City supporters normally drive their stolen cars to the footy? :D

Too many clubs have shut the door b4 all avenues have been explored, well done to City on a fantastic year!

What's the go with Danny Jacobs any idea what he's doing next year??

Heard to be coming back to the WRFL and try for a premiership with his brother, if they can afford him,also heard money is a very tight at City so quite a few more will be on the look out for cash elsewhere.

Showed his class when he dropped an absolute soda in the last 1/4, i think he heard foot steps, weak dog!!!:thumbsdown:

The incident is under investigation as we speak. Until it is completed, nothing further can be said.

He is always in the packs throwing punches etc. I know a friend of a friend who was reported for striking him ;)

FYI our reserves ruckman copped 8 weeks for a high bump on one of the Chelsea Heights players last week, the player suffered a broken jaw and whilst it was unfortunate, i don't think it warranted 8 weeks.

Similar circumstances in the grand final the year before when a Chelsea player knocked out Harley ambrose with a late bump yet he received a sever reprimand.........i wonder if the penalty would have been different had Harley broken his jaw etc.

He is always in the packs throwing punches etc. I know a friend of a friend who was reported for striking him ;)

FYI our reserves ruckman copped 8 weeks for a high bump on one of the Chelsea Heights players last week, the player suffered a broken jaw and whilst it was unfortunate, i don't think it warranted 8 weeks.

Similar circumstances in the grand final the year before when a Chelsea player knocked out Harley ambrose with a late bump yet he received a sever reprimand.........i wonder if the penalty would have been different had Harley broken his jaw etc.

Your ruckman was bragging on the sidelines to a mate/family during the game that he hit the little bloke with an elbow, and he was proud of himself.. I was watching prelim final and coudltn't believe he said it.. I also saw the incident.. A bit of a wait and see on the heights captain.. I think it should be double time if you do the crime in a gf.. Anyone know when the tibunal is?? I think a couple of heights players were reported!!

What's the go with Danny Jacobs any idea what he's doing next year??

He will stay at city and play for nothing wont he?? i am sure he will help rebuild the club because he loves itr there right B2B???

CHELTENHAM FOOTBALL CLUB
CLUB CHAMPION AWARDS 2010

Seniors
1st - Ant Symes
2nd - Tom Donnell/Jarrad Martin
4th - Mark Shalders

Reserves
1st - Andrew Butterfield
2nd - Sefa Mackinnon
3rd - Pat Bolger

Colts
1st - Daniel Vaughan
2nd - Chris Niclasen
3rd - Jack Worrell

Chieftains
1st - Adam Pullman
2nd - Jason Jones
3rd - Daniel Knopers

Congratulations to all award winners.

CHELTENHAM FOOTBALL CLUB
CLUB CHAMPION AWARDS 2010

Seniors
1st - Ant Symes
2nd - Tom Donnell/Jarrad Martin
4th - Mark Shalders

Reserves
1st - Andrew Butterfield
2nd - Sefa Mackinnon
3rd - Pat Bolger

Colts
1st - Daniel Vaughan
2nd - Chris Niclasen
3rd - Jack Worrell

Chieftains
1st - Adam Pullman
2nd - Jason Jones
3rd - Daniel Knopers

Congratulations to all award winners.

Yeah it was Funny when Ewen Mckenzie shouted out that he wanted to leave the club for financial reasons, also notice that the coach, Ott and Jacko arent going around at chelt next year. Is this the start of an exodus??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back